Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Jan 28th, 2016

Dr. Riggs is a great doctor. She spends plenty of time with you and explains everything. She answers any questions that you have until you are satisfied. Dr. Riggs is very personable and cheerful. I would highly recommend her. You won't be disappointed.

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
by LeaMarie Beyer on Jan 6th, 2016

I could go on and on about how wonderful Dr. Riggs has been to me. My family and I had just moved into the area when I found out I was pregnant and chose her from the good reviews I had read online. She did not disappoint. On my first visit we found out that I was expecting twins. I liked her instantly. Throughout my entire twin pregnancy she was attentive, knowledgeable and cheerful very much like my own personal pregnancy cheerleader (which meant a lot to me since there could have been any number of complications that could arise especially towards the end with preterm labor). Together we were able to get to me to almost 38 weeks term, which for twins is amazing. We scheduled a time to go to the hospital for induction but the twins decided they wanted to come on their own time. Our induction time was set at 8pm but the twins arrived earlier that day around 4pm. I had a bit of a wild delivery. I waited a little too long before going to the hospital and by the time I was in a bed at the delivery floor I was 2cm. Lucky the twins were both head down and we could do a vaginal delivery as planned but unfortunately it was too late for an epidural. Thankfully Dr. Riggs arrived just in time and as soon as she got there, we broke my bag of waters. I was terrified as I was not expecting to be without an epidural and I was downright shaken. Well Dr. Riggs and the staff at Mercy Mchenry reassured me and I got those babies out as fast as I could. With their support (and of course my wonderful husband’s hand) we got the first baby out on the first push and 7 mins later we got the 2nd baby out. I had two healthy fraternal twin girls, one 6lbs 13oz and the other 5lbs 7 oz. We had an easy vaginal delivery with no meds and I came out with only one small stitch. The best part was we got to take the twins home with us right away, since they were both at a healthy weight. We were very blessed and Dr. Riggs was there with us throughout the entire experience and I could not thank her enough for her wonderful work!

Dec 31st, 2015

I have being seeing Dr. Riggs for three years now. She has always been upfront with me and was very compassionate when I had a breast cancer scare. I am comfortable asking her questions that I could not ask of previous OB/GYNs. I highly recommend her.

Old fashioned doctor in modern times show details Old fashioned doctor in modern times
Oct 4th, 2015

Dr. Riggs is so great with spending time with her patients and making them feel comfortable. I had a basic out patient procedure from her she called me before and the two days after. She explained everything t me in detail and made me comfortable. Highly recommend.

Apr 28th, 2015

Excellent doctor. Only OBGYN I will ever see.

by Marin on Apr 16th, 2015

Dr. Riggs is very professional and is still a people person. I am nott scared to ask her questions and just makes the whole seeing the gyno not so bad. Have had her for a fee years and don't plan on changing any time soon.

LOVE Dr Riggs!! show details LOVE Dr Riggs!!
Jun 4th, 2014

Dr. Riggs is by far the best Dr I have seen. Her bedside manner is amazing. I am pregnant now with my first and am so happy that I switched from Woman to Woman to her many years ago. I am very excited to continue my journey with her as my ob/gyn. Her staff, Pam and Chris, are also so helpful and kind as well. When you call in with a question, Pam will get back to you within a timely manner. Dr Riggs, Pam, and Chris, all are fun, quirky, and friendly, yet very professional. They remember who you are, versus just being another file.

Feb 4th, 2014

I found Dr. Riggs to be a very cold hearted Dr. we lost our baby we waited to have for 10 years and all she could say was here is your papers you need to go for a DNC- No sorry you lost your baby no nothing. She is horrible.

IRREGULAR PERIODS show details IRREGULAR PERIODS
Aug 13th, 2013

HI i'm currently with dr riggs for 2 times now and i have irregular periods shes put me in pills but i honestly don't think they are working when i went to go see Dr Riggs for the first time i was getting my periods once every other months or every 2 -3 months well now they've stop and i'm scared i don't want my periods to go i want them to come more often help! please i think i need to change medicine?

Left appointment satisfied show details Left appointment satisfied
Apr 17th, 2012

I Recommend Dr Riggs

I Love Her. show details I Love Her.
Jan 13th, 2012

She is wonderful. There is nothing more really to say. If your looking for a doctor, she is the best!!!!

Sep 19th, 2011

Dr. Riggs is so wonderful, she makes you feel at ease, takes the time to talk with you and explain things. She provides answers and options. I've had a ongoing problem (rare problem) and she has been awesome with finding answers and trying to do everything possible. Of all the doctors I've had, she is truley the best!!!

Would Recommend Dr Riggs to any female! show details Would Recommend Dr Riggs to any female!
Aug 9th, 2011

I found Dr Riggs after a change in insurance carrier and feeling my previous OBGYN was not the right fit for me. (I felt like a number with no connection to her)After my first annual visit and blood-work (she was very thorough)she discovered that I was Hypothyroid and began treatment and also after 10 years of just living with it, found the right solution for my PMS, heavy menstrual periods and general lack of well being.I have never felt better since my medical connection with Dr Riggs. She and her staff are very caring, efficient and thorough.

Great Doctor's Office show details Great Doctor's Office
Jul 6th, 2011

From the Receptionist to the nurses to Dr. Riggs herself. Everyone there is so caring and compassionate, and if you are looking for an OB, that is very important. I don't think I've ever waited longer than 5 minutes in the waiting area, and when I get in the exam room, I'm usually not waiting either. Dr. Riggs acts more like a friend, and remembers you when you come back. I could never see another OB/GYN, none would ever compare to her.

amazing show details amazing
Jun 7th, 2011

Dr Riggs is an amazing Dr. She is the best I have found and I refuse to see any other OBGYN. She delivered my only child 8 yrs ago and we love her and her staff. She answers all your questions and explains in detail while holding your hand thru any situation.

Apr 28th, 2011

I chose Dr. Riggs from all the raving online reviews, even though her office is 40 miles away from home. She is definitely worth the visit, you will not be disappointed with her.Dr. Riggs is very comfortable to be around. I think you will also find her amusing at times.I am very happy with Dr. Riggs and her staff!

Best doc in mchenry county show details Best doc in mchenry county
Feb 1st, 2011

If every doctor had this woman's personality & professionalism., wouldn't have a problem finding a good GP. I have lost faith in all the MD's in mchenry county, except for Mary Riggs.

Dec 28th, 2009

I am pregnant with my second child and I dealt with Dr Riggs from the beginning of my first pregnancy, I could not ask for anything more in a doctor. She is able to put you at ease and answer any questions you may have. She treats you like she would treat family. The nurses and receptionists are also very caring and courteous.

By Far the Best!!!!! show details By Far the Best!!!!!
Jul 8th, 2009

She is the most in tune doctor in the world. She knows exactly what you are trying to say if you can't find the words to say it. She makes you feel so comfortable, especially your first time. In light of the situation you are in she can always seem to make you at least crack a smile. She is very knowledgeable and personable. I would not trust another person with my body.

Love her! show details Love her!
Jun 13th, 2008

Dr Riggs is a caring and compassionate doctor. She listens to your needs and gives good advice. I highly recommend her.