Dr. Mary Roy MD Patient Reviews

• 16 reviews

January 23rd, 2017
This office has gone off the rails in the past 18 months.
I was referred to this office 2 years ago for specialist care for my complex thyroid and osteoporosis issues. As a new patient, I had to wait a full year, seeing only her PA before being granted access to Dr. Roy. (This is their NORMAL practice). When Dr. Roy was unable to see me for my long awaited first appt with her due to her own medical issues, I was put back into the PA's hands for yet another year. The PA became increasingly inept and unavailable, and then left the practice with no replacement. I have had my required labs drawn and am still waiting for results despite numerous calls to the office over 8 weeks. The receptionist is rude and uncaring. She takes messages with no promise of response and has no interest in my reports of feeling unwell. I am transferring care elsewhere and now they don't even answer their phone, or let you leave a message, which makes acquiring my records impossible. Shame on Baystate Systems. The best doctor is worthless if you can't access them.

January 23rd, 2017
This office has gone off the rails in the past 18 months.

December 6th, 2016
PATIENT
MARY ROY IS AN OUTSTANDING DR. AND IS A EXPERT IN THE TREATMENT OF ENDOCRINE. SHE STUDIED WITH THE MASTER, DR. B. HAAG, AND HAS ROSE TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PATIENT DIAGNOSIS AND CARE. LUCKY TO HAVE HER SKILL AND SERVICES AVAIL TO PATIENTS.

February 22nd, 2016
My Best Doc
Love this woman. Caring, smart, great communicator, incisive. Always greets you with a smile, genuine interest in her patient. Never feel rushed, always feel she got it right.

December 3rd, 2014
Best doc horrible staff
Dr. MaryPat Roy is phenomenal hands down best doctor and endocrinologist I've ever seen ( seen many before finding her ) bedside manner, time with patients is amazing been a patient over 15 years ! I will agree with many of the other reviews and the only complaint I ever hear from other patients whom I know as well the office manager Linda is down right rude , condescending and has no business being in customer service let alone be allowed to speak and or treat patients the way she does . Takes away from the amazing doctor we are waiting to see !

June 19th, 2014
excellent physician
I have been Dr. Roys' patient for close to seven years, she listens and makes you feel that you matter, she is also very intelligent in her field& makes you a part of the care program. I can't say enough good things about this physician.

October 23rd, 2013
Appointments
I tried to make an appointment and although they had my referral they were waiting on some x-rays. I could not make the appointment until everything was there. I get it.. but seriously if your making appointments 6 MONTHS out do you really need to be worried about the rest of the stuff if you already had my referral Obviously the rest of the stuff would surely be there before 6 months were up. Not too happy with this kind of service, but want to see this Dr. and now have to wait 6 months.

July 11th, 2013
Patient of Dr. Roys for 12+ years
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Mary Pat Roy. She is intelligent, compassionate and hands-down the best doctor I have ever been to. I moved away and still make the drive out for my appointments - she is more than worth the 3 hour round trip. I have never felt more understood and respected by a doctor and my health has improved significantly. I am so grateful to have her as my doctor.

March 6th, 2012
ideal doctor
Always makes you feel as if you are her most important concern. Very thorough, compassionate and knowledgeable. Looks at the person not just the disease.

December 19th, 2011
Dr. Roy is the kindest, most personable and most thorough MD I have ever worked with. She is extremely bright, she is an excellent diagnostician and she takes a holistic approach - you will feel understood and cared for and about. I highly recommend her.

April 26th, 2011
Best Endocrinologist in the Pioneer Valley
I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of an endocrinologist in or close to this area, due to the following: Answered all my questions during visit Easily accessible for additional questions or concerns by email, very prompt response, whatever my concerns were Caring, professional, AND very knowledgeable in all aspects of thyroid disorders and treatment Gives you all your options; not just her recommended course of action Not intimidated by knowledgeable patient/consumers and treats people with respect

November 30th, 2010
Best doctor I know
Mary Pat Roy goes above and beyond always in all ways.She is loving and giving and you always know how much she cares about you.All doctors would do well to listen to their patients as well as she does.Her spectrum of information always continues to amaze me as she has been very helpful many times guiding me to other medical care I've needed.