Dr. Mary Sams MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

November 1st, 2016
Terrific Doctor. Have seen her several times even at different offices. Her current office is VERY inefficient. You wait a long time to get in and the office staff acts like they don't even work there. If they say they will follow up they don't and if you call to follow up, they act like they have never heard. Even when reading the charts. If they have to find out an answer, it takes FOREVER!

June 27th, 2016
Great MD if you can actually see her; .poor office staffing
I actually have changed to another PCP. I really liked Dr. Sams, even though if I had an urgent issue I could never see her, but rather one of her colleagues. I could at least still be seen. Her appointments were always booked up. 3 months for a physical; weeks for a medical issue. Office staff made several errors with my insurance over 3 years causing a lot of time and trouble on my part and it was difficult to get the errors fixed. Long waiting times. The final straw was when she changed her office location and I called to make an annual and was told it would be SIX months for an appointment despite my being an established patient.

February 2nd, 2015
Dr. Sams is wonderful. She really takes the time to listen to her patients. I have followed her around Atlanta for almost 15 years.

July 28th, 2014
Dr Mary Sams is the best. Does anyone know where she is going?

July 9th, 2014
Fabulous physician.
May Sams, MD is an outstanding physician. Always voted by her peers at a "Top Doc", she is highly respected and loved by her patients. So sad that St. Josephs/Emory has fired her and her medical group because they were not making enough money for Emory. They are internists and work to keep patients healthy and out of the hospital. Shame on you Emory! Money is more important to you than quality of care.

November 28th, 2011
Recommend highly
Compassionate and thorough physician. Feel comfortable putting myself in her care.

July 26th, 2010
cannnot see doctor
Had my medical records transferred to Dr. Sams one month after having a complete physical from my previous doctor. Now Dr. Sams is my doctor of record. Then I got very sick. Called the office for a "sick appt" and was told by the nurse that Dr. Sams would not be able to see me until she had had a new patient appt with me which could not be done for 2 months. Nurse told me to go to an Urgent Care facility or my old doctor for treatment. Even though this is my doctor of record with all my medical files, I can't see her when sick. Unbelievable.

July 27th, 2017