Dr. Mary Self MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 10th, 2016
I've been seeing dr. self for about 16 years. She stays up to date with medical research. She offers new therapies with the pros and cons as they would apply to me. As a nurse, I very much appreciate the education she offers. Over and above these qualities, she is personable and compassionate with me.

June 8th, 2016
Dr Self actually writes out for you what she explaining
Dr Self has taken care of me for years, after my thyroid cancer. She is so thorough, and succinct, which I appreciate. She has a unique style of educating you about your disease. She takes out pen and paper says "I'm going to be your secretary" and details in a very easy to understand way exactly what she is telling you, on every visit (I don't have to try to keep it straight) She stays current, and after attending the World Conference on Thyroid Cancer shared new research with me.

December 21st, 2015
I went to this practice for years, although I personally liked Dr. Self the practice seemed to be unorganized. For each appointment Dr. Self ran at least 45 minutes behind. The last visit and the last straw was when I was asked to sit outside the examining room because they were running behind, the staff must not have been notified that I was sitting there because they were discussing my information and said bad things about me. I have never been treated so poorly at a medical facility in my life. Dr. Self was completely unapologetic. Steer clear of this practice.

November 9th, 2015
exceptional doctor that is willing to listen, gives you all the time you need and has excellent follow up instructions.

October 21st, 2015
Dr Self is always up to date on latest medical advances and is very helpful with any medical issue. I have really appreciated her advice and encouragement.

March 25th, 2015
Great Doctor
I have been seeing Dr Self for about two and half years. She is very personable and professional. I have never felt rushed and she explains things in a way that's easy to understand. I will continue to go to her for my care.

February 19th, 2015
mis read labs and told me TSH levels are high when after receiving a copy, they are low. Was advised by Dr to go somewhere else.

February 10th, 2015
Dr Mary Self is the best thyroid doctor. She is very patient, spends as much time with you as needed, and is very informative. Highly recommend!

August 13th, 2013
Ughhh....
It's been a little over two years that I've been seeing Dr. Self and from day one I wanted to immediately switch doctors (however I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet). I've seen her around ten times to get my thyroid levels where they need to be and every time she's been cold, snobby, lacks empathy, and rushes like she has no time for the individual patient. I would not recommend her to ANYONE! Her staff is friendly but I don't ever want to see her face again! :)

April 22nd, 2013
Unbelievable
Second time I have seen her. Waited 2 hours...then dr. Self spent 5 minutes with me. My levels have been up and down and she was really worried. When new set of blood work came back normal she basically said see you. Even though they registered normal this time they were just abnormal and was she freakin' out over them. All I can say is this is what's wrong with most docs. And she came highly recommended....sheesh!!

March 11th, 2013
Can't Say Much for This Doc
I would love to tell you about my experience with Dr. Self but I haven't had one. My experience with her staff has kept me from meeting her and caused me to seek help from a different doctor. I called to schedule my appt on a Monday and they said their computers were down and to call back. Every question I asked the person on the phone seemed to be a huge inconvenience to her. I explained I am sick and need to make an appt ASAP and she could have cared less. I called back the next day. Their computers were down again and she told me they would be down until Friday. I asked her to take my information and have someone call me to schedule me and she told me that wasn't necessary and I should just call back. When I tried to explain myself she transferred me to someone's voicemail where I left a message....and they never returned my call. My conclusion? Find a doctor that cares enough about their patients to not have incompetent office staff.

January 25th, 2013
Awesome Experience!
I have to say, after reading reviews of Dr. Self I was a little nervous going into my appointment, but I was proved wrong!!! She could not have been nicer- what I LOVED most about her was that she isn't there just to prescribe you medicine and send you on your way. She really took the time to learn my family health history and get to the bottom of what was really the problem. I would recommend her for anyone who needs a real DOCTOR- not a therapist or someone who is going to throw medicine in your face, a real doctor who is there to help and figure out what the problem is. Two big thumbs up!