Dr. Mary Simonson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 12th, 2016
Dr. Simonson is the best I've ever had.
It's hard to know where to start with a review. She is flat-out excellent. It took me 30 years to get the right diagnoses (yes, plural). While I didn't want to believe them for a while, she stuck in there with me and eventually convinced me when the medication protocol completely changed my life. Sure, there are still behavioral things I'm working on, but those are much harder for me to change. This is one smart doctor -- I have surmised that she was at the top of her class and continues to be so in practice. I hope you're lucky enough to be able to become a new patient with her because she is highly sought out.

June 14th, 2014
Best Ever I've Had
Dr. Simonson tunes in quickly and has managed my treatment better than any doctor I've seen before. I am impressed by her knowledge, experience, adeptness, and therapeutic style. She is gentle but also is able to help you see your own resistance to change. I highly recommend her.

August 7th, 2010
Seeing Dr. S
Dr. S is a compassionate and educational Psychiatrist. She listens to what I have to say and explains everyting she is planning. I think she's great, along with my Therapist. I'm definately making a positive improvement in my life.I feel very comfortable with her and feek this has had a very positive impact on my life. Thanks Dr. S.

May 4th, 2010
Wonderful experience
I cannot say enough posistive things about my experience as a patient of Dr. Simonson. She has taken the time to get to know me and to understand my concerns. I have felt much better under her care. She has been very available and responsive to me. I would not have the life I have today without her expert medical care.

April 2nd, 2010
She is so rude it is amazing.
I wish I would have read the other review on here before I went to see her. She was recommended by my therapist, so I gave her a try....big mistake.Within an hour on our first visit she diagnosed me with 3 disorders in addition to the 2 I came to her to treat. On the second visit I inquired more about it and she stated that she knew this is what I had because one of her family members has the same diagnosis. I should have taken that as a red flag.After a bad episode and a week of phone tag, we finally connected. She spent 15 minutes berating me, expressed her "frustration and irritation" with the phone tag, and told me she could not treat me over the phone.I do not want to , nor ever implied that I wanted treatment over the phone. Phone tag, perhaps she is new to the concept?She was also upset that she called me late on a Friday to give me options to be seen Monday. I had left her a message on Friday stating that I was leaving the State and would contact her the next week. She said i had wasted those appointments. ello, I let you know I was leaving and said I would call you the next week!She then stated that if I did not follow her instructions to a "T", that she would not be willing to see me. This included smoking, alcohol consumption (I drink twice a month), my diet and sleep schedule. Clearly, a normal Dr. would not rationally expect someone to do all of this in a month or two. Mind you, I had only seen her twice, less than 2 hours!!!!! She mentioned 2 additional times during the conversation, that if I did not follow her rules, she would not be willing to see me. Could you possibly make me feel more unwelcome or uncomfortable. This is after I told her I was dealing with a great deal of anxiety.....wow.Her whole rant was dehumanizing, she made me feel like a child, some sort of loser, an addict, you name it. Way to help someone out!!She had me apologizing to her over and over again about the phone tag, looking back it was more of a power play than anything. Please, go elsewhere.