Dr. Mary Sorra MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2015
Poor bed side manner
Experiencing a miscarriage is a horrible thing but when your GYN is so far removed emotionally it is even worse. Dr. Sorra has apparently forgotten how to be not only the doctor but support. What's worse is she doesn't care if the mother has experienced on miscarriage and is pregnant a second time, she makes you wait anxiously . She doesn't care about the suffering of the mother she doesn't follow up to pursue the reason for the miscarriage or how to resolve it. She just treats it as if it is a normal part of her routine even though its not YOURS . IF YOU WANT HELP WITH A MISCARRIAGE DO NOT GO TO HER

April 27th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr Sorra
Dr Sorra was amazing, friendly, patient, on time, courteous, trustworthy and staff was the same

March 7th, 2015
She listens, asks questions showing that she has been listening, explains what she is doing. Her staff is excellent also.

February 5th, 2015
Great person
Hi dear i ll miss u really u are a great dr adorable nice i was lucky to find u again after u leave the village obgyn . i consider my self a lucky patient to be with me and give me help during my labor and delivery ,good bless u thank u a lot a lot a lot i hope for u a great life full of happiness thanks

January 29th, 2015
very nice, smart, pleasent, open minded, genuinely caring sympathetic, takes her time, thorough, informative, supportive,

February 18th, 2014
good doctor, let patients down
Dr Sorra was previously at another practice where I had been a patient for over 25 years. She was recommended to me by another dr. in the practice when he no longer preformed procedures which I needed. I was thrilled to have a women dr. and felt comfortable with her right away. When I called to make my yearly appt. I was told she no longer worked at the office but had chosen not to send out notices to patients. I was really disappointed that she thought so little of her patients as to not even let them know where she had gone. I have not found a new dr. and am actively looking. I may have to return to her even though she is much farther away and feel let down by her lack of concern for her patients.

June 26th, 2013
RN
Dr. Sorra is an excellent Doctor, very kind and patient centered. She is an excellent listener and gives you the time you need. The staff was pleasant and timely as well. Even though I live in DC, I wouldn't go to anyone else.

April 2nd, 2012
great doctor
As a medical professional myself, and as a patient with complex ob/gyn problems, I greatly appreciate her expertise, her attentiveness to patient concerns, and her compassion. Also, since I choose to use natural family planning methods, I appreciate her knowledge in this area which many ob/gyn docs lack.

October 10th, 2011
THE BEST!!!
I swear she is like a medical angel in the hospital, and a genuinely nice person. A great doctor, and she really CARES about you as a person. Although she is not personally involved with birth control, other doctors in the practice DO handle that for her patients.

May 19th, 2011
She was wonderful
My daughter had never been to a GYN but experienced very painful ovarian cysts that required follow up care. I am so glad we made the trip to see Dr. Sorra based on the glowing recommendations of many friends. She was warm, professional, knowledgeable and was able to put my nervous daughter at ease.

December 10th, 2010
Dr. Sorra was awesome during my labor and delivery. She had lots of good suggestions for progressing labor and I was able to deliver naturally.

March 7th, 2010
clinical expertise with Truth
Women deserve better than contraceptives. Dr. Sorra does not prescribe them.