Dr. Mary Spinelli MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Staten Island, NY

• Good
  • Bad

January 17th, 2017
I have a beautiful Baby Girl who is now 3 and am thankful for Dr. Spinelli for making the process so easy and smooth from the visits to the day of Delivery.

April 28th, 2016
Very rude and didn't wanna help me with my questions and problems I don't like the office hours at all!

November 5th, 2015
Very disheartened
My mom relocated to Staten Island and dr spinelli came highly recommended. She is 80 years old in good health and goes for yearly mammos and paps. Dr Spinelli treated her as if she didn't "deserve" her care. Almost as if her days on earth were numbered! She refused to give her a pap saying it would be difficult and uncomfortable for her. Personally I feel she was concerned that she would not get paid from Medicare. My mom happens to have excellent secondary insurance which covers yearly paps! She cited how the medical board changed the standard requirements for Pap smear in women over 65. My mother also felt she did not get a thorough breast exam. She was referred to go for a bone density test at my mom's request. She said she would call when the results came in and never has. It's practically impossible to get through on the phone when you call that office. One year later my mom still hasn't even bothered calling for the results. Also my mother asked if she should call for another yearly appointment and they told her they would contact her by sending her a reminder card. She still has not received either I might add when my mother called they told her they were not accepting new Medicare patients. Obviously this is the problem...somehow she slipped through the cracks and got an appointment and whoever made that appointment made a mistake and she basically shrugged her off. I am very disappointed in the care she received. I know many women that love her but I cannot speak this way about her

June 17th, 2015
My opinion of her has changed over the years which might explain the irratic review ratings. Feel she is no longer interested in myself as a patient and has a cavalier attitude toward my health.

April 22nd, 2013
Very satisfied
Before coming to Dr. Spinelli I knew of her fine reputation having worked as an RN at St. Vincent's Medical Center( (now RUMC). Dr. Spinelli comes with a wealth of knowledge and many years of clinical experience. She instills confidence and is so easy to talk with during each visit. There is no waiting time and the office is inviting and so clean .I would recommend Dr. Spinellt to any woman seeking an Ob/Gyn doctor .

August 10th, 2012
Unprofessional, Insensitive and Unkind.
Do not go to this doctor if you are overweight. I left her office in tears. She asked me three times if I was sure I had a sex life. She saw my wedding band seemed surprised,and commented Oh, you have a husband!?. I guess she thinks overweight women are not worthy of having a husband. She made no inquiry about my gynecological history except to ask me if there was anything she needed to know. She asked intrusive questions having nothing to do with my gynecological health, She failed to give me a thorough vaginal or breast or colon examination, at this my annual well care visit and just asked nosy questions (Am I sure I am sexually active!?) This doctor was highly unprofessional: after that brief encounter, she tells me to drop my slax, and has no bathroom in or near examining room. She additionally examined me with no medical assistant in the room. She did not ask me about my gynecological history but did ask a number of intrusive questions about things that were frankly, none of her business. She barely examined me because she said she couldn't feel anything because of my weight. She commented that I needed more than weight watchers and said "don't you agree? This doctor was highly unprofessional, uncaring and unkind. I find it difficult to believe the glowing reviews I see here because she was the most insensitive doctor and person I have ever had the unfortunate experience of meeting. This person had no bedside manner, was cold, condescending, inappropriate and insulting. Unconscionable!!!

March 6th, 2012
Do NOT go to this doctor
I chose this doctor based on reviews I read. Unfortunately those reviews must have been from years ago because this doctor is horrible. I am pregnant and had an emergency. Called her answering service numerous times over several days and she NEVER called back. Even when she was back in the office, she NEVER called. She never even bothered to find out why I never went back to her. In addition, she rushes her patients and is not thorough. She failed to tell me about certain tests that were required. Do NOT use her!

October 10th, 2011
Maybe good as an OB but not a as a gynecologist
I guess if I were pregnant and needed just an OB I would be hapy with this doctor. But I had a gynecological issue and she didn't seem to know much about it neither did she do any tests to see what could be a problem, not even a sonogram. So unless you are a healthy pregnant woman - I don't recommend to see her.

August 11th, 2011
Love Dr. Spinelli
I have had nothing but a good experience when it come to seeing Dr. Spinelli for a check up.

May 26th, 2011
Amazing doctor
Dr. Spinelli is one of a kind. She truly cares for her patients and remembers all the little details. No matter what day or time, I am always able to reach her for anything and if not, she calls back right away (even on her days off). Such an amazing doctor!

March 15th, 2011
Suzanne Cirigliano
Doctor Spinelli is not just a doctor she is a friend. Doctor Spinelli has been my doctor now for about 19 years. When I delivered my son in 1993 it was a blizzard and when I called her to tell her I was in labor she called right back knowing we had a truck and asked if we could pick her up..She did not want me stuck somewhere on the road without an obstetrician in a blizzard. We picked her up and she was at my side every single second - she was beyond WONDERFUL!!! Every visit she knows all my children, she not only remembers their names, she takes an honest, sincere interest in their well being...Now, 18 something years later, I have some "female issues" and she has been there for me every single step of the way. Doctor Spinelli gave me her cell number and has been texting me and calling me back within seconds...There is no doctor or person in this world that I would trust more than her...My health is in her hands and I have the utmost faith in her not just as a doctor, but as a person...Dr. Spinelli is not my just my doctor, she is a very dear friend who truly truly cares about me, my health and my family...I thank Dr. Spinelli from the bottom of my heart for taking such great care of me for all these years...I hope you never ever retire, because I want you to be my doctor FOREVER...

November 22nd, 2010
wonderful...delivered my 2 girls
Dr. Spinelli is an amazing OB/GYN and a wonderful person. She delivered both my girls who are 14 months apart. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to deliver my daughters. She has made delivering a wonderful experience for me. I recommend her to everyone who is looking for an OB, who is caring and LOVES her job. She is very flexible with appointments and you are in and out in 15 minutes. She calls you right back if you call her service. She is excellent in every aspect!