Dr. Mary Spraker MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 14th, 2016
Great experience!
I can't say enough good things! We had ease of making an appointment. The front desk staff knew exactly which Doctor my child needed to see for his condition. I called two more times with questions and they were helpful. On the day of the appointment we arrived 30 minutes early. We were seen about 20 minutes after our scheduled time but that's to be expected IMO. The nurse was super friendly and had my 11 month old laughing and smiling. Dr. Spraker was friendly, compassionate, and patient. I walked in there with a page full of questions and she answered every one. She did not rush through the appointment. After 2 months of anxiety and waiting to see her, I left feeling reassured and equipped. I highly recommend her.

June 23rd, 2016
My story
My child's skin was shedding, bleeding, raw, and severely infected. We went to many pediatricians and dermatologists but nobody would help us. Until I walked into Emory without an appointment and begged for help, despite seeing my daughters condition, the office manager turned us away. A receptionist disappeared and returned with an intern. This intern got Dr Spraker attention. Then doctor Spraker ask me "How long has she been like this?" After hearing my reply she told her nurse, "Call the hospital and tell them she's coming." 9 years later my daughter describes her as, compassionate, helping, caring, sweet,and Awesome.

June 23rd, 2016
She's Awesome, with a capital A

November 25th, 2015
I took my 2 year daughter, at the time, to this doctor’s office due to a wart she had under her nose since she was born. The wart was becoming quite big and bothersome to her and me. A year prior I went to a another dermatologist which stated that due to the fact my daughter had dark skin there was a chance she would have permanent white or pink spot and/or scar where the wart was if frozen off. I understood and wait the recommended timeframe to see if the wart would fall off. It didn't not. My child's pediatrician recommended Dr. Sparker as a new source to see. Not wanting any issue long term with my daughter's face I did mention that a pervious doctor a year ago noted that if the wart is frozen off it could cause a permanent scar. Dr. Sparker reassured me that it will merely fall off and scab over than at that time the skin will look grow back to normal. We moved forward with the procedure. I believe the second opinion of a well-seasoned doctor. If she would have provided me with the same information as the previous doctor I may have waited another year to see if the wart falls off. Now, a year later there is a noticeable white/pinkish spot under my daughter's nose ruining her beautiful face. I did call the doctor's office and yes they confirmed that this WHITE scar would be there the rest of life. I feel so responsible for not during more research and get more that two opinions. Parent please do your homework and get several opinions before make any medical decisions.

April 30th, 2015
Mother of Child with severe skin issues
Dr. Spraker was the worst appointment and waste of time I've ever had for my child. First, our appointment was for 1pm. She didn't show up until 245pm. I had both my 4 year olds with me who had to sit in this tiny room for the entire time. When she finally showed up, she was indignant after I challenged her on having us wait almost two hours after our appt time. She kept saying that her case load is too busy and when challenged on why, she said she books more in case someone cancels. She's clearly is more concerned about her reimbursement. Worst of all, she didn't listen. I had to keep explaining that what she was prescribing has already been tried and doesn't work. She pontificated about her '35 years of experience yet I learned nothing new and was given no true new course of action.

April 11th, 2012
Only dr. that would listen to me.
Took 14 month old son after being referred by another Emory dr. Dr. Spraker sensed the urgency of my son's situation and immediately phoned our pediatrician for consent to have our child admitted. Today, his skin, nutrition, and overall quality of life are signficantly improved b/c Dr. Spraker listened and didn't just brush us off like other doctors had. She is compassionate and trustworthy. I'd choose her over others, regardless of the office wait, for these reasons.

February 22nd, 2012
Horrible experience
Dr. Spraker & staff made us wait 2:45 for a causal and unprofessional appointment. I was there with my 2 year old. No warning of the wait, no offer to see someone else or reschedule. The supervision was unreceptive to my comments and blew the situation off. I do not recommend Emory Pediatric dermatology.

January 25th, 2012
My brother had an extremely rare genetic disease that was misdiagnosed for 15 yrs.Because of Dr. Spraker's expertise, she was able to properly diagnose him and we were able to proceed with treatment.

February 17th, 2011
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.Waited 2 months for my appt. only to get there today and wait 1.5 hours for my appt. with two small children to then be told it may be at LEAST another half hour.I left. So, after spending 2 hours of my time and $8 on parking and 2 months of waiting, we did not get to see any doctor. The staff was very, very rude as well. I would never recommende this office.

May 7th, 2016