Dr. Mary Stewart Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Stewart?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Mary Stewart?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 26th, 2016

Terrible Experience

I would not recommend Dr. Mary Stewart. I was not the patient, but was the partner and primary caretaker of the patient. Over the course of my partner’s illness, we in general had very positive experiences with doctors. However, our experience with Dr. Stewart was very negative. We did not feel we could trust the care we were receiving at Dr. Stewart’s office to be up-to-date or reliable. We did not feel we could rely on her or the office to communicate effectively with the specialists we saw in the lower 48. Although she was kind to my partner, I felt she was cold and dismissive of me – an experience I’ve never had with any other doctor. Also, as long as I'm writing: If you or someone you love have a rare or difficult-to-treat cancer, it is my strong belief that better treatment can be received at a major cancer center in the lower 48, if only because they will have seen more of it. I don’t think this means a person has to spend all his or her time there – but deciding on the course of action there and returning to loved ones in Alaska with a doctor who effectively confers with other doctors is what I would tell anyone I loved to do.

November 26th, 2013

Best in town

God Forbid I should have to go through chemo again, but if I did, and/or if I find myself in a position to recommend Dr. Stewart to a friend or family member, I will without hesitation

January 31st, 2010

Excellent.

August 16th, 2008

Dr. Stewart has an excellent reputation, but all test results were not explained and we had to do our own research. Does not spend much time, and seems in a hurry to get through with the visit. Not very comforting once you are told you have cancer. You want answers and explanations, even if you aren't at a serious phase of cancer.

October 27th, 2016