Dr. Mary Stowe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Stowe?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2015

DO NOT GO HERE!!! Dr. Mary Stowe spent 8 of my 10 minute visit complaining about the ACA and the coding changes versus giving me what was supposed to be a preventative visit. Only to find out she coded it an office visit because she had to refill a prescription. She then went on to "nicely" recommend I see another doctor because I am essentially young and healthy and the majority of her patients are older with multiple chronic conditions.......Just because you can't up-code a healthy person but try to get away with it by coding an office visit that costs me multiple hundred dollars to refill a script I've taken for years with no complications is ridiculous! Plan to be overbilled and plan to be a counselor to your provider that will spend the majority of your visit you're paying $$$ for to complain about the ACA and the coding reform.

December 12th, 2014

Long Time Patient

I have seen Dr. Stowe for many years. In addition to tracking all the data about me and doing all the follow up for my health that a primary care physician must do, she has given me good practical advice for improving my overall health. She is a very competent physician.

May 23rd, 2012

Unprofessional-condescending

Dr Stowe does not want any comments from patient other than the rigid "yes" or "no" formulated questions on her sheet. Poor listener; comes across as critical, condescending, and uncaring. I have an MBA, run a large customer service department; and would never allow anyone in my firm, who demonstrated such disrespect for the customer/patient to continue in their position. Mecklenburg Medical Group has a good reputation-but they risk it by allowing her to continue as a partner.

May 1st, 2012

Verbally Abusive, Failed at Diagnosis

My primary care physician was out of town and the next available appointment at MMG was with Dr. Mary Stowe. She walked through the door complaining about her job; I literally had to ask her to stop. After listening to only two of my symptoms, she told me I needed to accept that I am getting older. She said my symptoms were in my head and gave me a lecture about how she has been "doing this a long time. Tests are unnecessary." I was in the ER less than 24 hours later. The ER docs ran tests and I was diagnosed with a serious condition that can be managed with medication.) I shared this experience with my AETNA case worker.

April 27th, 2012

Burnt out

This physician spent the entire visit complaining about her job. She streamrolls rather than listens, and you will leave her office knowing more about her personal politics and religious beliefs than she knows about your health history and illness. A very bizarre doctor. She also needs to learn how to use the patient record system. She referenced other patients' information numerous times during my visit, and I could see other patients' full information on the screen.

October 12th, 2011

Financial

Extremely, knowledgeable, caring, precise, intelligent and informative.

April 18th, 2011

My experience with the office staff has been a positive one, even when I first checked in, waited 45 minutes and went back to the front to see how much longer only for them to realize whoever checked me in had not actually noted on the official sheet that i was indeed there. This was corrected quickly and professionally, with no problems the second visit. However, my experience with Dr. Stowe has been much different, and after a 2nd chance just in case she was just having a bad day, I will not be returning. She is quite the know-it-all, which i usually appreciate in a doctor, but i have never experienced one as rude as she is. I'm a pretty intelligent individual, and I've never really been talked down to in that way either. Don't even think about mentioning what you think could maybe be going on with you because she will get totally offended and give you a sermon about how "she is the one that went to medical school and that through her years of training she learned to disregard certain things if the person doesn't look like or is not fat enough/old enough to fit the prime candidate for certain issues" (without even asking if there had been a recent weight gain, even though i'm technically still somewhat skinny). She didn't ask any questions to further understand my actual symptoms or what was going on, and she sent me on my way with the explanation that "if you are looking for a problem, that can be a problem in itself". (My mother is a nurse and has been asking me to go see someone about this for years, and it took a bad result on an actual blood test for me to do so, so it is not as if i ran to the doctor at the first appearance of a minor symptom and am actually some sort of hypochondriac). DON'T waste your time and money to go to her unless you present with every single obvious dead on straight-from-the-book symptom - and if you do, don't mention it to avoid the "i'm the doctor, you didn't go to medical school speech"

April 8th, 2010

used to be a great doctor but got carried away with how many patients she had to see rather than spending quality time with each one. gave me wrong diagnosis and now i have many problems as a resul.

September 12th, 2017