Dr. Mary Vaccarello Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Vaccarello?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Mary Vaccarello?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2016

Mrs

Horrible front desk people thinking of changing doc

June 9th, 2015

The Most Expensive Pediatric Endocrinologist in the Area

I enjoyed meeting this physician. She seemed competent and knowledgeable; yet I was APPALLED when I got the bill. I called four other pediatric endocrinologists in the SAME COUNTY and they charged FOR THE SAME BILLING CODE and SERVICES, up to FIVE TIMES LESS. Basically, a new patient visit costs $1148 with Dr. Vaccarello-Cruz. At other doctors with the same credentials you will pay between $210 and $329 for a first time visit. After a few phone calls, I was offered a 30% discount, which I have paid. Sadly, I will not be returning. Also, I may add, I was NEVER told at our doctor's visit that a 20 minute, second opinion conversation would be over A THOUSAND DOLLARS. I was also never told that this doctor was bought out by Kidz Medical Services, a massive pediatric medical conglomerate that has left other dissatisfied mothers in its wake. I have insurance. I have one of the better insurance plans. Thanks to this visit, I have met my deductible. If you are looking to meet a deductible, this is the medical practice for you. If you are not looking to get exorbitantly overcharged (and I'm being kind), then I suggest you finding another pediatric endocrinologist. What a shame.

February 4th, 2014

6 month wait for follow up visits, front desk doesn't seem to communicate with doctor

The doctor and her NP are fine, and were incredibly helpful during our first few visits last year and helped us avert potential crises - and even helped us with making sure our insurance would cover the necessary items prescribed. What doesn't make sense, however, is that the doctor would ask to come back for a follow up visit in a 1 or a couple of months, but the front desk staff continually insisted nothing was available for 6 months. Earlier, grabbing the doctor right then helped get the appointment set in the right timeframe. But the last time we had to call back once we knew our schedule. The front desk was adamant there was nothing for 6 months, which we reluctantly took. When I spoke to several (regular) pediatricians, they urged me to call back and ask them to follow up with the doctor since I was told something else ("sometimes things are lost in translation between the doctor and staff," the pediatricians said). Well, I never got a response after leaving multiple messages and finally directly speaking to the staff who promised to get back to me. Pity because we really liked Dr. Vacarello Cruz and appreciated how she available she was during those "Do we go to ER now?" crisis level moments. I'm not sure why there is such a big disconnect there.

August 20th, 2013

CHANGE OF OFFICE AND DOCTOR

If you have the chance do not go to this office. Very rude and unprofessional people all of them including the Doctor. Everything has charge,the staff is horrible and mediocre in one word believe me get another specialist, check with your insurance.

May 16th, 2012

Office Staff Caused us to Change

Dr. V. herself is fine, but we switched endocrinologists almost immediately after our son's diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes because of her staff. Her office is incredibly rude. Responses and call backs do not exist. When you do get them, they are short with you and have actually hung up on us before the conversation was over. There are few choices for pediatric endocrinologists, but we recommend going to any others and making the drive if necessary rather than going to this office. Diabetes is hard enough without dealing with people like this.

July 27th, 2011

Ver rude to my son and myself. Was not much help at all.. she did more repramanding than she did helping to fix the issues. Very poor experience.

April 11th, 2011

Bad doctor.

She doesn't NOT know what she's doing...At all.

May 7th, 2010