Dr. Mary Van Hal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 4th, 2016
I love Dr. Van Hal. She is the most caring Dr. I have ever been to. I would highly recommend her.

February 24th, 2016
Very knowledgeable and really takes an interst in you and your well being. Never in a hurry and very nice.

January 11th, 2016
When I was going through a severe chronic cough for 7 months Dr van Hal was with me every step of the way until I was diagnosed with Constrictive bronchiolitis a very rare lung damage and put on prednisone that finally stopped the cough.

January 29th, 2013
Always taking care of the whole patient
Dr. Van Hal is simply the best family doctor I have ever seen. I am a refugee from another local doctor with whom Dr. Van Hal used to work with. I followed her when she left, and I know why. Her style completely contradicts the arrogant behavior of this precious doctor. She spends any amount of time needed, and during this listening process will find out the best way to treat the patient according to the patient needs vs. her own. Unlike others I have been to. Se is fantastic.

July 16th, 2010
Dr. Van Hal is my favorite of all Dr.'s I have ever gone to.
I love Dr.Van Hal for her kind, loving and Christian spirit. She is one of a kind and truly cares about each of her patients, many times going way beyond the call. Her knowlege is superior and her her bedside manner unmatched. I highly recommend her to all who are looking for a Dr. who cares and treats you as if you are her only patient.

March 28th, 2009
Superlative physician with uncommon dedication to follow-up
Dr. Van Hal's available hours are limited but as with most professionals in demand, she is well worth the wait for an appt. She offers competence and compassion as if every patient were "family". Her depth of listening is the first major distinguisher versus peers. Dr. Vam Hal's undistracted attention to what the patient says and does NOT say results in her "connecting the dots" in a holistic way that significantly advantages her clients. She treats not just the disease but the person and his lifestyle. I have never felt hurried by her nor felt she was in any way distracted as she determined the best diagnosis and optimal response to my needs. Most of all, her ability to integrate with other specialists -- and reliability in getting back to the patient with understandable translations -- is a sure sign she's dedicated to solving the problem - not merely delegating it to others. Her advocacy for me has stretched even to battling insurers' baffling denials -- with positive results we both celebrate. Dr. Van Hal's consistency over five yrs is evidence that while she always makes me feel "special", she apparently does the same with ALL her patients. It's who she is - and I am a more compliant (and successful) patient as a result of her "self-investment". I feel blessed to be her patient.