Dr. Mary Whited Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Whited?

April 22nd, 2016

Cool manner and dismissive of concerns

I must agree with another reviewer. I've seen Dr Whited a few times and she does not come across in a warm manner. I'm sure she is a perfectly good physician, but I do not feel like I am connecting with her and some of my concerns were dismissed. My father's doctor wanted me to get a early colonoscopy due to concerns for family history and father's condition. She essentially shrugged and said well, if you want to. I stated that I wanted to address hormonal therapy post menopause. She said 'we don't do that here', not telling me that the Mayo has a women's division that specializes in these issues. Not a major health concern, but an issue to me nonetheless. I would like to request a different doctor, but the Mayo is quite strict, limiting you to a one time change and I don't want to get another one that I don't like.

September 21st, 2015

Going Elsewhere!!!!

After several years with this doctor, I can't see her anymore. I never feel that she is listening. She is the type that sees you, doesn't respond verbally to anything you tell her (just a blank stare), and then refers you somewhere else. No communication, no follow-up and she should be the point person for all of the patient's care. I miss the days when my doctor actually knew me, knew my history and actually CARED about my health!! I have had the genuine feeling that this doctor has never liked me since the day I first walked in the door. I hope I can find better care with another doctor within Mayo Clinic. I guess I will find out.

August 4th, 2010

Premium Pricetag, but For What?

Mrs. Whited seemed professional enough, though she was incredibly rushed through the entire appointment. Perhaps she really was exceedingly busy-- my wait time would seem to support that theory. However, her waiting room was empty, and overall the appointment felt like the staff was doing me a favor by staying open until 11am to facilitate my appointment.I'd recently spent some time with my parents, and the trip concluded with both my mother and I feeling under the weather. Her doctor diagnosed her with pneumonia-- Mrs. Whited told me after being informed of this fact that it was probably nothing, and condescendingly explained to me what a cold was.Despite it 'not being anything' she encouraged me to have a number of tests performed, including a chest X-Ray (perhaps she wasn't as sure as she projected?) blood work, an EKG, etc. All told, my doctor's visit ended with a lot of time spent but no answers gained. Then I got the bill for $1500.If you can afford the superfluous luxuries of a semi-disinterested doctor rushing herself through the dismissal of your repeated attempts to clarify your concerns, Mrs. Whited is a bargain at $10k. For anyone else, I suggest you find another doctor.

August 5th, 2009