Dr. Mary Wise MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Rochester, NY

3.9

December 30th, 2015
She is a gift!
The only doctor to help me after being sick and going to many many doctors for 3 years!

September 17th, 2012
She's 30 years ahead of my last doctor. I feel 30 years younger.

November 8th, 2011
Missed basic medical diagnosis for over a year
I'm a former patient of Dr. Wise for over a decade. I liked the fact that she offered supplements to treatment and gave me options, considering the "whole" instead of treating parts and symptoms. For that period I was very happy but mostly saw her then P.A. who I liked very much. However, when I fell ill, I perceived Dr. Wise to become quite aloof and went on a wild goose chase of products she sells at her office at retail markup, and expensive tests not covered by insurance, she missed a very obvious basic inexpensive test: my thyroid. After well over a year of agony, feeling like a hypochondriac, physical/emotional/psychological deterioration, barely being able to hold a full coffee cup, much less my job, I was diagnosed with Graves Disease almost immediately after a simple blood test. Additionally, she sent out a letter refusing to accept my insurance any longer effective immediately a month AFTER the enrollment period where I could have made choices to switch to a carrier she still accepted. I felt it was time to seek a more compassionate Dr. who I felt was able to tune in to me. It may have been a difficult time for her as a business person as well as a physician, but I did not approve of the way she chose to handle her affairs or her practice in relation to my health!

July 24th, 2011
Quackery. Spent a ton of money on "allergy tests" which I found from multiple sources have no value other than being expensive. My kid would have starved to death for nothing if I listened!!!Was also told by others that undertreating asthma with the treatments suggested can cause permanent damage and scar tissue. BEWARE!!!

March 28th, 2011
Not What I Was Expecting
Unfortunately, I had high hopes based on Dr. Mary Claire Wise's website. She basically treats with Supplements like Dr.'s treat with prescriptions. If you react to any supplements, this may not be the route for you. Most people who would want to seek the Dr. Wise route probably already take supplements and have educated themselves about them. She uses Metagenics, which may or may not be higher grade. They still contain lots of fillers and inactive ingredients. It took a couple of months to get in and see her, then I had to save $ to follow through with the diagnostic tests which may or may not be covered under your insurance. They were not inexpensive. I think there is still and underlying cause of my deficiencies and symptoms which has not been uncovered. When I do have appointments with her, I am constantly looking at the time because the appointments are expensive and not covered by my insurance. They are based on the time you are with the Dr. So, I don't feel I have time to delve into all the points I want to and have to be choosy with my time. Annie in the office is exceptional. She is the best part of the practice. Follow up is left up to me. Dr. Wise is good about testing for things most Doctors wouldn't think to test for. When I couldn't take the supplements, its been left up to me to figure out what else might work for me. Kind of feeling still lost.

January 7th, 2011
Seems more interested in making money than helping patients. Charges by the minute. Does not take insurance. Very expensive. Prescribes many supplements but does not keep tract of duplication of ingredients. Can end up taking too much of certain ingredients. Disappointing experience.

January 21st, 2010
The best of the best
I am a former patient of Dr. Wise and I still have the best memories of her fine qualities of compassion, understanding, and wisdom when I went to her. She offered options of holistic or standard medicine, with explanations of both. I really miss someone with standards as high as hers!!