Dr. Maryam Zand DO Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

December 2nd, 2016
Dr zand wasn't the best for gynecological visito. She seemed to rush through them and she wasn't very thorough on follow-ups. However, she is fantastic for obstetrics. Her wait times on average were pretty low (that may have changed by now) and she was always good at explaining how your pregnancy was going. When I delivered, she arrived at the hospital very quickly, which was a relief because my delivery was going very fast. She was very quick on her feet and was very skilled during the entire delivery. I will definitely be going back to her for this baby.

April 17th, 2015
i went on a visit with my future daughter in law to her last appt there and they took people in that came after her and upon her appt she did the ultrasound which showed she had Polyhdramnios and she is almost 38.. she really didnt address the problem or expalin the difficulities that came with this but told her we will schedule you for diagnostic ultrasound and see you tuesday but in the same breath you need to find another OB/GYN who takes your insurance as Desert Valley doesnt. i was in shock treat her all this time with the same insurance and this at the end.. to find a doctor and try to figure all this out at the last minute is stressful for her not knowing exactly whats going on... very unprofessional when she couldve done things different at the start of her visits by saying she didnt take her insurance or send her STAT with orders to the ER because every ER takes anyones insurance..

February 22nd, 2015
She's seems not too concerned about her patients... I tried to tell her what was going on with me and she didn't even give me a chance..

January 12th, 2014
THE MOST HORRIBLE DR I HAVE EVER HAD!
This is my first pregnancy and she makes you feel like you are on an assembly line.. She is very rush rush and if you even think about asking questions about your lab results (because if you dont ask you will never find out your lab results) or about how you are feeling she makes me feel as if i am ruining her day. If i ask more questions and make her talk to me she will tell me "your fine your fine" well walking out of the door to call someone else! It makes me so mad. So needless to say i am going to look for another DR because i refuse for her to deliver my baby!! If she is in such a rush to get me out of her office what makes me think she will not be in a rush with me and my baby when the big day comes! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DR TO ANYONE !

January 8th, 2014
loved her :)
Dr. Zand always got me in right away never had to wait long in the waiting room. Her care was on point. She shows alot of passion for her patients and how are they feeling. Quick to answer questions. when you see her you go into her office and sit by her desk she then goes over your file with you goes over measurments of baby and anything you would like to say or ask. Anything i asked for she gave it to me. I requested to be put on light duty due to me working in a hospital she had no problem writing out a paper. When i wanted to be takin off work 2 months before i was due she had no problem in that too...I do have to say much better experience then Dr Viruch. less wait time and Dr Zand doesnt have a PA to fill in for her. You always see the doctor. That was a big plus for me. And you always get an ultrasound. :)

September 19th, 2013
terrible
everytime i go to my doctor visits with dr. zand i wait anywhere from 30-45 minutes just to get to the room then about 15 more to see the doctor. all my appointments seem very rushed about 5 minutes with the doctor. most of the staff isn't very friendly. my questions dont get answered just tells me not to worry. she's very rude . makes patients feel like an inconvenience. i would not want or trust dr. zand to deliver my baby. changing obgyn!! would not recommend dr. zand!!

March 28th, 2013
Ridiculous.
This is also my first pregnancy and it's sad that I only see her for literally 30 seconds or less every appointment! Doesn't matter what kind of question I try to ask, even if its a concern because she will just wave it all off as normal and constantly says "insurance" doesn't cover it so it doesn't matter. "Okay see you in 4 weeks" and that's it. I know for a fact it's bull because after switching over to an actual CARING doctor, my insurance paid for it and those same concerns were heard and taken care of!

March 5th, 2013
very careless
All i have to say is..Dr Zand is a horrible Doctor,very rude and careless about her patients and not only her is rude but all the medical stuff on that clinic are very nasty,they never smile.The waiting time is horrible as well i really disliked the time i was there as a patient and im glad i changed my Doctor.

January 18th, 2012
Horrible
Zand is by far one of the rudest docs i have ever met. This is my first pregnancy and like any normal person, i have alot of questions... But zand gets irratated when i ask her more then 2 simple questions and god forbit i want a detailed answer because she will just give you her pissy attitude. She wont explain anything to me, shes extremely rough with vaginal exams and ultrasounds and always has her staff do anything medical related to me. the only time i see her is at the very end of the appointment when she pops into my room and asked if i have any questions... which is funny because she wont answer any of them. AND she will only diliver at Desert valley.

July 20th, 2011
She is my doctor she is great careing respect also helpful.

March 9th, 2010
Errr
Dr. Zand showed no concern for me or my baby during our visits while I was pregnant. I saw her many times, yet do not know her at all. During our visits, she never really did much. She was never in the room for more than 5 minutes (even that's a stretch). She checked the baby's heartbeat (usually, not even every visit) and one time she measured my stomach. She never asked me if I'm eating right, if I'm taking my vitamins, if the baby is kicking, etc.. Long story short, Dr. Zand just tried to get me out of there as quickly as possible and I wasted a lot of time and gas money to see her.

March 11th, 2016