Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

• Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
Aug 25th, 2014

Makes you wait 2 hours at LEAST to see her. Schedules people at 8am and doesn't even show up at her office till 9am. Fabulous bedside manner. No attention to detail when it comes to anything she says she will do after you leave. Her only concern must be making money. No regard for your time. Overall, her thoughts for you are nil.

|  Old fashion Doctor.  |  show details
by Rebecca M on Mar 15th, 2014

I have only had two visits so far with Dr. Butcher. I find her amazing. Most Drs these days are big business, you are in and out without discussing any of the issues you wanted too. While the wait to see her is frustrating, I was warned when I made my first appointment, that this is the norm. I think her office staff is unbelievable nice and were very helpful, when my insurance decided not to pay for a wellness physical. You cant have it both ways. Everyone loves the time Dr Butcher spends with them, but no one wants to wait while she spends time with others. I am an RN, from a Medical Family with five MDs. This is the first Dr I have ever gone to in my 62 yrs that shares her knowledge of conditions. She actually listens to what you are saying and answers your questions. My Dad was a General Practitioner back in the day and never made appointments, you came and waited and it was first come, first serve. Sometimes you waited a long time. But like with Dr Butcher, when you left, you werent wondering what just happened here. My husband was an obstetrician. He encouraged you to call ahead to make sure he was on time. They dont get any satisfaction out of grumbling patients sitting in the waiting room. My last Dr had a very high intolerance for over weight patients and patients that smoke, both of which I am. Dr Butcher stated your not dumb, you know its not good for you and is now helping me to over come both. Most Drs now dont even see you, you are seen by their PA's. I have had a heart condition for years, that every Dr I have seen has ignored. Dr Butcher has probably saved my life by not ignoring the symptoms and scheduling follow up care. Well worth the 2 hour wait to me. There are lots of Drs out there you can see if youre in a hurry. Only you can decide if you are worth the wait.

|  Extremely unprofessional  |  show details
by Fellow health care professional on Feb 22nd, 2014

I have only had one encounter over the phone with Dr Butcher but from the moment I stated the nature of my call I was verbally attacked with insults and a terrible disposition regarding the business at hand. I believe she took out her frustrations on me possibly from a bad day.

|  Most unprofessional experience  |  show details
by DP on Dec 12th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Butcher since I moved to the Columbus area 6 years ago, and have always experienced a wait time for an appt with her; but never have I had such a poor experience anywhere as I did at her office this last visit. I had a noon appointment for an issue with my back that was causing me a fair amouint of pain and discomfort. I left work at 11:30 to be on time for my appointment. After paying $50 up front and waiting about 20 minutes, I was taken back to a patient room. Once in the patient room, I waited an hour and half, with no visit from Dr Butcher or her staff. I walked out to the front desk and asked how much onger the Dr would be, as I needed to return to work. The woman at the desk could not have cared less, and told me she didn't know how much longer it would be and that my wait time wasn'y untypical there. I went back into my room and waited another 30 minutes, with no one coming in. After being there a total of 2 hours and not seeing the Dr, I got fed up and left. I needed to return to work. She and and her staff showed no regard for my time, with no appologies for my wait time or experience. I have never had such a poor level of customer service or felt less valued by someone who should have been there to help. I will not be returning there, and I would never reccomend her to anyone. After reading the many reviews on this page, it appears that Dr Butcher is creating a reputaion as an uncaring Dr with no real regard or respect for her patients. Shame on her.

|  Untrained staff  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2013

A friend recommended Dr. Butcher to me, and I liked her. However, she also doubles as the office manager, which causes a lot of problems. Also, her staff is not very well-trained or professional. They took blood for routine testing, but the lab asked them to re-draw because the sample wasn't stored improperly before it reached the testing facility. I lived 40 minutes away, and her office hours weren't super convenient. I drove back in for the re-draw, for which I was told I didn't have to fast (but they were doing a full blood panel, including cholesterol, which always had required fasting when other doctors were testing, so I did fast) and they asked, "Have you eaten anything since midnight?" No (but only because I know more than the person who said I didn't have to.) Just for fun, I said, "I was told I didn't have to." "Oh, no. You always need to fast before complete blood work." Yeah, I know. Thanks. But the nurse/MA couldn't hit a vein, so I wasted a trip. To keep me from having to drive back another day, they called the bloodwork into a medical facility closer to my home. When I got to the facility, they said they hadn't received an order for blood work, so they called the doctor's office and had them fax it over. My name was misspelled, my insurance information was incorrect, and they had that it was a follow-up draw, but it wasn't: It was a re-draw due to an error on the doctor's office's end (they, apparently, didn't know they needed to keep blood cold until testing time). So, the facility had to call to correct the billing method, and almost two years later, I was still getting bills for this blood work (even though my insurance company says it is a fully covered draw) because the facility received the incorrect insurance information (because Dr. Butcher's office sent the wrong information, which I know for a fact because I went to the facility to look at the original order ... phone calls weren't getting me anywhere). I think I recently might have had a breakthrough because I haven't gotten another "past due" bill that I don't actually owe. I called to complain about this mess, and no one ever called me back. I recently moved far enough that I need to find a new doctor. Just as well. I wasn't going back there anyway.

|  Are you kidding me???  |  show details
by FORMER patient on Jul 1st, 2013

The title of my review says it all....I left after waiting over 2 1/2 hours and was NOT seen by Dr. Butcher for my SCHEDULED physical. Seriously, she needs to schedule less patients, or more time per patient or something. How can she be that far backed up for a 9:30 a.m. appointment, unless she thinks that only her time is valuable, and not ours. I peeked into the hallway before I got dressed, and she was talking to a serviceman at the desk......can't this wait until after patients have been seen???? Totally unacceptable for a family dr. to keep patients waiting for so long (without any explanation, apologies from staff); it's not like she was in surgery or delivering babies this morning.

|  GRANDMA  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2013

SET UP A APPOINTMENT FOR DR BUTCHER , SHE TOOK ONE HOUR TO SEE ME ONCE I CHECKED IN, THEN REFUSE TO TREAT ME AND TOLD ME TO GO TO HER REFERRAL. I'VE ALWAYS HAD MY PHYSICAL BY MY SPOUSE'S DR AND I GUESS IT BOTHERED HER THIS TIME (BUT NOT CONCERN IN 2010/2011) IN SHORT I HAVE NEVER NEVER BEEN TO A SLOWER DR OR HAVE SO MUCH TIME WASTED BY ONE..THANK YOU DR MARY BETH BUTCHER FOR OPENING MY EYES...I'M JUST SORRY I TOOK TIME FROM WORK FOR THE SUCH A WASTED VISIT.

|  Waitw time too long, no diagnoses and no followup  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2012

My experience years ago, with Dr. Butcher was that she is a knowledgeable and caring doctor. After returning to her practice (had left because of insurance), I can't say the same. She will write a prescription (think diet pills) before she looks at other alternatives. She hasn't helped me get to the root of my health problems it all. It takes, literally, hours of waiting to be seen by her in the office. And, it took several phone calls over a period of months to even get my physical results. Totally unacceptable.

Aug 10th, 2012

She is a skilled doctor, but she needs to hire more staff, specifically an office maanger and actual RNs (not medical assistants). Incompetent assistants are unable to measure blood pressure correctly, and they often have problems drawing blood. It's also next to imposssible to get blood and other test results. I appreciate a dr. who takes time for each patient, but something's gotta give. I've often waited 1-2 hours. It's really a frustrating experience dealing with her and her staff. Oh, and then you have to hear her diatrbies against Obamacare. Really inappropriate.

|  Terrible Wait Times  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I decided to give her another shot hoping her being so late was a one time event. For my next visit, I scheduled a 7:30am appointment thinking that I would be seen right away. I wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes before being called into a separate room to wait for another hour. After a total of an hour and forty five minutes of wasted time and with my actual appointment not even starting yet I decided to leave. I found this entirely rude and inconsiderate. It turns out she doesn't even show up to the office until an hour after her first patient is first scheduled...it happened both times I've been there. The office staff could not have been less concerned. I will never return and would certainly not recommend this office.

|  Worst Service Ever!  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

From the inside this clinic looks like a spa, but the service is very bad. Long waiting time-about 2 hours; no follow up;rude assistants; totally disorganized; they might hang up the phone if you call more than one time to ask a question or request a refill prescription.

|  Long waiting time and long diagnosis process  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

unfortunatly I was going to this Dr from past one year... avg. waiting period was more than 2 hrs ALWAYS.. there is long dignosis process for a small issues and with no reason we end up spending lot of money from pocket and insurance as well. The office staff of very careless in nature neven get any direct response... May be she is experianced but now I feel she is not doing great with new patients

Apr 12th, 2012

AN EXCELLENT DR, BUT NO CONSIDERATION OF A PATIENT WAITING IN OFFICE,

|  NOT worth the wait  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

Mary Beth seems to be a very compassionate person, but I can't verify that since I've hardly seen her. I've walked out on most appointments because of 1 to 2 to 3 hour wait times without ever seeing her.I finally got the message and left entirely, after an annual physical where we made 3 appointments but I never saw her because she was so behind with other people. ON the last scheduled apt, first in the morning, she hadn't even shown up at the office yet and it was past our appointment time. And there were 2 other patients besides me who had signed in an hour before me.Shameful way to treat people.

Dec 22nd, 2011

was the first appt of the day (7am) and waited over 1 1/2 hours and still never saw a doctor. I left.

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

I went in for an annual physical, and had my newborn baby with me. I waited 1/2 hour just to be called back, and then waited over an hour in a freezing room after the nurse did the basics and ekg. Finally the nurse told me the doctor would be there shortly, and another 15 minutes she finally was...without a single apology from anyone on my wait. She seemed oblivious of the fact that my baby would need care by this time, and then wasted another 20 minutes at least talking about herself, her practice, and how much her patients love her. I then had to call 3 times to get any kind of results from the visit. The letter I received told me I would need medication for cholesterol, without suggesting I try to change diet and exercize first, and also not acknowledging that I had just had a baby and hadn't exercized in over a year!

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
by brewern on May 28th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Butcher for 10 years and everyone I recommend go to her loves her as well. She is personable/relatable and truly cares about her patients.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  WONDERFUL Doc  |  show details
by havensma on Feb 27th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Mary Beth is a wonderful doctor. I have never ever (and don't believe it exists) found another doctor who takes the time and care and has the patience that Dr. Butcher does. She has been there 100% for myself as well as my family several times. She truly cares about learning as much as she can about her patients and helping them as she sees necessary.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com