Dr. Marybeth Butcher MD Patient Reviews

April 12th, 2016
One of the good ones.
Great doctor.

January 19th, 2016
Having been a patient of Dr. Butcher's for more than 10 years, my time spent in her office today was the last. Having to wait two+ hours in an exam room without being seen is beyond ridiculous. While I love that she always spent time focused on me when she does finally come into the exam room, it just doesn't make sense to make people wait (every single visit) for more than two hours. The older I get, the more precious every moment becomes in my life. After my watch reminded me twice that I needed to move about, it reinforced to me that life really is too short to intentionally be kept waiting!

December 11th, 2015
Not worth it.
I waited over two hours for my appointment and then instead of spending time with me as a new patient, she spent it with someone else that acted like they were in a hurry. Maybe she should learn time management. Also, she ordered tests for me over two months ago and I'm STILL waiting to see why I was ordered these tests and why I should pay for them. Waste of time and money. NEXT!

October 16th, 2015
I am 58 years old and have never met a more professional yet kind physician in my life. period.

October 8th, 2015
Waiting.... Waiting....
I have waited over 2 hours at least 3 times at this office. Staff is friendly, dr butcher is friendly as well, but I don't know how you can make people wait that long and stay in business. Would not recommend her to anyone.

May 4th, 2015
Dr Butcher always spends time needed with patients.

March 16th, 2015
Dr. Butcher is thorough and she spends a lot of time with each patient--very intelligent and knowledgeable. The downside is that she is chronically behind schedule and you may wait over an hour and a half to see her (after your scheduled appointment time). I have to say, though, she's worth the wait.

August 25th, 2014
Makes you wait 2 hours at LEAST to see her. Schedules people at 8am and doesn't even show up at her office till 9am. Fabulous bedside manner. No attention to detail when it comes to anything she says she will do after you leave. Her only concern must be making money. No regard for your time. Overall, her thoughts for you are nil.

March 15th, 2014
Old fashion Doctor.
I have only had two visits so far with Dr. Butcher. I find her amazing. Most Drs these days are big business, you are in and out without discussing any of the issues you wanted too. While the wait to see her is frustrating, I was warned when I made my first appointment, that this is the norm. I think her office staff is unbelievable nice and were very helpful, when my insurance decided not to pay for a wellness physical. You cant have it both ways. Everyone loves the time Dr Butcher spends with them, but no one wants to wait while she spends time with others. I am an RN, from a Medical Family with five MDs. This is the first Dr I have ever gone to in my 62 yrs that shares her knowledge of conditions. She actually listens to what you are saying and answers your questions. My Dad was a General Practitioner back in the day and never made appointments, you came and waited and it was first come, first serve. Sometimes you waited a long time. But like with Dr Butcher, when you left, you werent wondering what just happened here. My husband was an obstetrician. He encouraged you to call ahead to make sure he was on time. They dont get any satisfaction out of grumbling patients sitting in the waiting room. My last Dr had a very high intolerance for over weight patients and patients that smoke, both of which I am. Dr Butcher stated your not dumb, you know its not good for you and is now helping me to over come both. Most Drs now dont even see you, you are seen by their PA's. I have had a heart condition for years, that every Dr I have seen has ignored. Dr Butcher has probably saved my life by not ignoring the symptoms and scheduling follow up care. Well worth the 2 hour wait to me. There are lots of Drs out there you can see if youre in a hurry. Only you can decide if you are worth the wait.

February 22nd, 2014
Extremely unprofessional
I have only had one encounter over the phone with Dr Butcher but from the moment I stated the nature of my call I was verbally attacked with insults and a terrible disposition regarding the business at hand. I believe she took out her frustrations on me possibly from a bad day.

December 12th, 2013
Most unprofessional experience
I have been a patient of Dr Butcher since I moved to the Columbus area 6 years ago, and have always experienced a wait time for an appt with her; but never have I had such a poor experience anywhere as I did at her office this last visit. I had a noon appointment for an issue with my back that was causing me a fair amouint of pain and discomfort. I left work at 11:30 to be on time for my appointment. After paying $50 up front and waiting about 20 minutes, I was taken back to a patient room. Once in the patient room, I waited an hour and half, with no visit from Dr Butcher or her staff. I walked out to the front desk and asked how much onger the Dr would be, as I needed to return to work. The woman at the desk could not have cared less, and told me she didn't know how much longer it would be and that my wait time wasn'y untypical there. I went back into my room and waited another 30 minutes, with no one coming in. After being there a total of 2 hours and not seeing the Dr, I got fed up and left. I needed to return to work. She and and her staff showed no regard for my time, with no appologies for my wait time or experience. I have never had such a poor level of customer service or felt less valued by someone who should have been there to help. I will not be returning there, and I would never reccomend her to anyone. After reading the many reviews on this page, it appears that Dr Butcher is creating a reputaion as an uncaring Dr with no real regard or respect for her patients. Shame on her.

November 1st, 2013
Untrained staff
A friend recommended Dr. Butcher to me, and I liked her. However, she also doubles as the office manager, which causes a lot of problems. Also, her staff is not very well-trained or professional. They took blood for routine testing, but the lab asked them to re-draw because the sample wasn't stored improperly before it reached the testing facility. I lived 40 minutes away, and her office hours weren't super convenient. I drove back in for the re-draw, for which I was told I didn't have to fast (but they were doing a full blood panel, including cholesterol, which always had required fasting when other doctors were testing, so I did fast) and they asked, "Have you eaten anything since midnight?" No (but only because I know more than the person who said I didn't have to.) Just for fun, I said, "I was told I didn't have to." "Oh, no. You always need to fast before complete blood work." Yeah, I know. Thanks. But the nurse/MA couldn't hit a vein, so I wasted a trip. To keep me from having to drive back another day, they called the bloodwork into a medical facility closer to my home. When I got to the facility, they said they hadn't received an order for blood work, so they called the doctor's office and had them fax it over. My name was misspelled, my insurance information was incorrect, and they had that it was a follow-up draw, but it wasn't: It was a re-draw due to an error on the doctor's office's end (they, apparently, didn't know they needed to keep blood cold until testing time). So, the facility had to call to correct the billing method, and almost two years later, I was still getting bills for this blood work (even though my insurance company says it is a fully covered draw) because the facility received the incorrect insurance information (because Dr. Butcher's office sent the wrong information, which I know for a fact because I went to the facility to look at the original order ... phone calls weren't getting me anywhere). I think I recently might have had a breakthrough because I haven't gotten another "past due" bill that I don't actually owe. I called to complain about this mess, and no one ever called me back. I recently moved far enough that I need to find a new doctor. Just as well. I wasn't going back there anyway.