Overall Review

3.8

June 22nd, 2016
Can you say you love your gynecologist? I can.
Dr. Romano is excellent. She's extremely smart, knows her medicine, is kind, compassionate, and still maintains the old-fashioned (sorely lacking in most practices today) doctor/patient relationship; she will call you personally to relay test results. I have been her patient for about 20 years and have referred many friends to her. She is deserving of the highest accolades. An excellent provider and a truly caring individual.

September 1st, 2015
Terrible doctor.

January 30th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
Have been a patient of Dr. Romano on the advice of some of my friends. Her office is clean and staff ver professional. Treated with the utmost respect by all. Dr. Romano was kind and spent time listening to my list of ailments. Never did I feel rushed. She took her time to answer all my questions. Through gentle exam. Was prompt to call with test results. Would recommend highly.

March 6th, 2014
Excellent doctor and associate
I have been going to Dr. Romano and her assistant physician for a few years now, and I am so happy with their services. They are gentle, take their time, are thorough, and very down-to-earth. They make the experience not as painful as it could be. I feel very comfortable with the doctors and the office, and team are all quality, and excellent at what they do. I highly recommend this office to anyone looking for a professional, relaxing experience. God has blessed us with them.

January 30th, 2014
Don't use Dr Romano unless you are a masochist.
Dr Romano is very cold, nasty doctor. My first visit I loved her she seemed so warm and I assumed her bedside manner would be the same. That changed on the second visit, where it was like Dr Jekyll/MrHyde. Dr yells at me during the attempt to get a biopsy of a polyp in my uterus. I requested twilight sleep or outpatient visit and she insisted that it be done in her office with no local or twilight sleep. It was very painful and I almost yelled. Dr Nasty screamed at me not to yell in HER office. She ignored my requests for an outpatient procedure. I was repeatedly scheduled for Sonogram every 30 - 60 days. She still could not tell me what is wrong since she never completed her exams..... She yelled at me when I requested a copy of my ultrasound tests and was told I could pick them up on my next visit. I tried to explain that I needed them for another dr and she hung up on me after she yelled at me some more.. She is a WACK job..

May 11th, 2012
very dissappointing ......
Dr. Romano was my gynecologist for about 5 years until 2005 when she (after a battery of tests, including sonograms, MRIs) diagnosed me to have ovarian cancer and in a very cold and matter-of-fact way told me that "You will not see me any more, from now on you need to follow-up with an oncologist." We were still waiting for the results of the biopsy, but she was so sure of her diagnosis that she coldly dismissed my request for a future followup visit. Dr. Romano made me feel as damaged goods for which she had no time or compassion. I made the appointment with the oncologist who after examining me and reviewing the sonogram and MRI films and reports advised me quote "Smile you are going to live" "You do not have cancer" and advised me to continue just doing my yearly gyn exam.The results of the biopsy came out "NEGATIVE'. DR. ROMANO in the most dispassionate way put me through needless agony and despair. It has taken me 7 years to be able to write about this experience. I have not seen or spoken to Dr. Romano since then.

April 14th, 2012
This is a heads up to women who are looking for help for menopause. I went to Dr. Romano on the advise of several women. They all warned me that younger women are not fond of her bedside manner, but since I am older I didn't worry about. I prefer female doctors because I want someone who would understand female problems because she veryly likely same things most women do. I was desperate for memopause help and since she is an older women I felt she would understand what I was going through. After my exam (which was fine, but quick) I spent about 4 minutes in her office. I was told to get blood tests from my regular doctor (I was not given a script and I don't know why they didn't do the blood test themselves). She advised since I was waking up 12x a night (it was the hot flashes) I would need to go to a sleep center to check for sleep apnea. I don't have sleep apnea. I have hot flashes. There was no dicussion. I was ushered out the office. I had my tests done and it was confirmed I was in menopause, but did not offer any help other than to take Tylenol PM or OTC stuff for menopause. I advised I had taken OTC, but nothing worked. To make a long story short, after my appointment one of the women who had recommended her needed hormone therapy help and tried to discuss it with her. Dr. Romano advised her she did not believe in hormone therapy. She didn't tell me that and made me waste my time doing the blood work and following up with her office. If I had no issues with menopause and just wanted a yearly exam and mammo script I would go back even though she had no bedside manner because they do generally take you on time and you are out very quickly. Her office staff is tricky. You can get someone great on the phone or someone who is really nasty. This review is only because she should have advised me right away she did not offer Hormone Therapy because she didn't believe in it. I found another doctor (ironically a male doctor) who had no problem spending 15 minutes explaining how the therapy worked.

September 30th, 2011
Amazing
I have been going to Dr.Romano for about 6 years now. I had a doctor before her that I was not happy with. Dr.Romano is very calm, gentile and understanding. She doesn't rush you and she takes every one of you concerns seriously but in a manner that does not worry you or make up upset. My mom and sister recently started going to her because their doctor retired. Her staff at the office are also great. Her assistant Gracie is very nice and caring. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful with getting you appts, whether its far in advance or an emergency. I am getting married next year and moving. I am upset that I will have to find a new doctor. Hopefully I can find one that comes close to her!