Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not a healer show details Not a healer
by Terri R. Schab on Dec 20th, 2014

I came to find a new primary care doctor. I was diagnosed with fibro/cfs 20 years ago and have complex ptsd. I've had experience with a number of doctors and insurance companies. I told her I was hoping for a compassionate relationship. I was there to talk about extremely painful periods that make the already horrible pain of the fibro worse and that I wanted to get back on the pill in order to not have periods. I wanted her to read my trauma history synapsis so I would not have to talk about it. She refused to get it printed out to read it, as I brought it on a thumbdrive (I don't have a printer). I was ok with that...but had to talk about my traumas and doctor experiences...I was visably trembling. She sighed heavily and interrupted me, asking what I wanted today. I calmly said the period information and I wanted to talk about making my dog an ESA animal. She protested and claimed it had to come from a training facility. I explained that actually wasn't true. She abruptly said, "Well, I don't know." I said, "Well, perhaps you can do some research." She interrupted again and said, "NO, I will not do that. I don't have the time for this." I politely got up and left and said it didn't appear she'd be a good doctor for me. I explained patiently on my way out that compassion and taking the time to understand your patient's conditions are very important when you are a doctor and perhaps she can realize that someday. It was THE most horrible experience with a doctor I've EVER had and I've had a lot of experience with doctors. Now I'm without one and suffering and almost out of meds. I was actually suicidal for days afterward. Really bad experience.