Dr. Maryum Merchant MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 12th, 2015
Focused on the Wrong Issues
First I would like to say that she isn't a bad person, just not a great doctor. I base this on the fact that she did spend a bit of time with me, and she did seem to listen to my concerns. Unfortunately, she seemed to latch on to one aspect of my lungs, and totally overlooked the more life threatening condition I am dealing with. Even with my CT's, and the major problem very apparent, she failed to address the disease entirely. It was quite a surprise when an allergist told me I needed to see a pulmonolgist right away to halt the progression of the destruction of my lungs, and yet I had just seen Dr. Merchant a couple of months before. She is probably fine for asthma, but I wouldn't trust her for anything more serious. I don't understand why she would completely disregard something that is so serious. It is important to advocate for yourself regarding your health care, so please make sure to ask as many questions as you can, and not accept her word as the whole picture if you have pulmonary disease or a serious condition. I must say she presents as a very intelligent and nice person. I just don't feel she is on par with the other UCLA physicians.