Dr. Masayoshi Takashima MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

October 30th, 2015
Good doctor, woefully overpriced.
Dr. Takashima himself was great. The visit was brief, but he was very knowledgable and friendly. I had a big issue with the cost of his services. It was my first visit, totaling only 30 minutes (5-10 min with Dr. Takashima) and I walked out with a $1400 bill for the consultation and a nasal endoscopy that I wasn't informed I would be having. The nasal endoscopy was about $500 over what I've payed in the past for the same procedure (coded here as a surgery). My experience directly with Dr. Takashima was good, but Baylor College is woefully overpriced. I would go somewhere else if you are simply in need of nasal spray and a neti pot.

December 26th, 2014
Dr. Takashima is the kind of the doctor that tells you everything you want to hear in the pre-surgical consult so that he can book the surgery and make the big fee. Then when you have any issues with the recovery or pain management he is MIA. Calls into his staff get returned by on call staff with zero desire to find a solution. Their only concern is how to get you off the phone the quickest and book the next surgery.

December 17th, 2013
Thank you!

May 7th, 2011
Intergrity and doing what is right for his patients
I'm very glad to have found Dr. Takashima. On my first attempt at nasal surgery, I got as far as being prepped at the hospital. Due to an infection near my nose that popped the day before, Dr. Takashima choose not to operate out of concern for my health due to the risk of the infection entering my surgery wounds. This showed his great concern for doing what's right for his patients. He has a great, kind bedside and office manner. I had no pain on my later nasal surgery. During this later surgery, he had planned to remove my tonsils if they were the source of my sleep apnea. During pre-surgery discusssion of his normal procedures for removing tonsils, he suggested an alternate method in response to my concerns about pain. He did not end up removing my tonsils, because he determined they were not the main cause of my sleep apnea. I was very impressed and thankful that he was open to using a different technique and that he didn't perform unnecessary surgery. He displayed great intergrity in doing what's best for his patient. All the staff at his office have also been very kind and knowledgeable.

August 13th, 2009
Overview
Dr. Takoshima comes accross as very respectful, caring and professional. He has been seeing me over the last year and ever since my first appointment he has maintained a very sensible caring approach to my needs. He answers questions and takes time to explain if you need it. I highly recommend his services for anyone who needs an ear, nose, throat speciaslist.

March 3rd, 2017