Dr. Masami Hattori Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Masami Hattori?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Masami Hattori?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

January 27th, 2016

Great Doctor; Difficult Office

Dr. Hattori is one of the best pain management doctors I've worked with. He knows his field, and he's up to date on the latest treatment options. He's also very collaborative. Unlike some pain docs, he doesn't just throw drugs at the problem without considering the side effects or whether they'll leave you too drugged to be functional. But he also understands that sometimes you need medication in order to function and be comfortable. His bedside manner can seem distant, even distracted or brusque at times, but over the years I've worked with him, I've come to realize that he's incredibly compassionate and really cares about his patients. He also does a good job working with other doctors. I have a complicated condition, and he talked to my other doctors, collaborated with the hospitals where I was being treated, made sure my pain was adequately (and safely) managed, especially when I was having surgery. I've also had a good relationship with both of the Nurse Practioners I've seen at his office. Both of them were very kind, and capable. He doesn't just pawn off patients to his NPs, either: he only had me start seeing them when my condition stabilized, still alternates appointments with me so he sees me about half the time, and if a new complication comes up, I can always see him, instead. I can't give full marks, though, because his office is frustrating to work with. They have a lot of turnover. I've had issues with getting phone calls returned, having appointments incorrectly scheduled, and trying to get important paperwork processed (like for disability or Medicare) can be a nightmare. And while some of his front office staff have been lovely, a few were downright rude, and very difficult to work with. Front office staff aside, though, I highly recommend Dr. Hattori!

September 27th, 2014

Without going into too much detail, I do not believe Dr. Hattori looks at the patient as an individual. I have had moderate to Severe Chronic pain for a long time and I have an entire medical file to prove it. He made me feel as if I was drug seeking. Everything discussed in my visit was uncomfortable. If you are in chronic pain for whatever reason and need to manage it, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. He will suggest cortizone shots, which are short term treatment and horrible for your body (because that is how Doctors make their money), and he will suggest surgery (another way for him to make money). He is limited in the prescriptions he will prescribe and and if he does, I personally wouldn't want to be under his care with them. I don't think he trusts his patients and that is the wrong way to approach medical care. Especially for the real sufferers of pain. I do not know what he is like as a surgeon but if you are going to allow someone to cut into you, you should have a trusting relationship. I feel that an educated patient should be an equal part of the treatment goals and decisions about their body. I do not feel he approaches his patients with this philosophy.

March 11th, 2013

Unable to get pain control or follow up after back sx

Ive been in horrible pain since 1993 after an injury. After sx I was suddenly cut off pain control meds. I'm in a state of constant torture without them verifiable by an emg and NSC studies. After back sx with dr light I've been unable to get pain control or injury mgmt with dr. Light or his pain control md dr. Hatori. I'm trying to find an atty to get pain control and medical care. No one should have this experience this before or after back sx. I would urge the public to publish mds who do provide pain control for everyone's sake.

April 15th, 2012

Review from nurse with injury

wait was not that long but very rude when i was explaining my history. he may have approach me differently if i told him i was a nurse. very disappointed and he even came highly recommended. i will not see this MD again!

January 10th, 2012

MA,PhD,ABD

I find Dr. Hattori to be very patient oriented. He is very straight forward and honest, something I appreciate in a doctor.He has provided more service to me than the average doctor. I highly recommend him for pain management.

December 21st, 2010

not the best in town

love my new doctor now which i found after my bad experience with this doctor... thanks to the so-so treatment i got from this doctor!

November 11th, 2010

searching for a new doctor

i have seen seeing this doctor close to 2 years. i feel he is just milking my insurance company. i have not had good relief. when i complained and explained what has happened since my last visit, he seems not to care and don't want to listen. i get the same talk with no relief. i have no ooptions since my insurance sends me to him. i glad our company changed insurance and i am now seeing a new doctor with better relief!

October 24th, 2010

great Dr.

I have been seeing Dr. Hattori for over a year always right on target to diagnose a problem.

October 9th, 2010

Not the best doctor

not because he went to highly rately school, means that he will have the best bedside manner. i wished i read the posting here before i made my appt.

April 13th, 2010

Professional Manners needs much improvment.

Dr, Hattori, you could greatly benefit by first learning how to respect your patients and being more professional. It has been my opinion that you don't often get along with many of your patients. You stero-type your patients and you do not listen to their needs. My only hope is I pray there are only a few like you in this profession.

June 22nd, 2017