Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  show details
Sep 27th, 2014

Without going into too much detail, I do not believe Dr. Hattori looks at the patient as an individual. I have had moderate to Severe Chronic pain for a long time and I have an entire medical file to prove it. He made me feel as if I was drug seeking. Everything discussed in my visit was uncomfortable. If you are in chronic pain for whatever reason and need to manage it, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. He will suggest cortizone shots, which are short term treatment and horrible for your body (because that is how Doctors make their money), and he will suggest surgery (another way for him to make money). He is limited in the prescriptions he will prescribe and and if he does, I personally wouldn't want to be under his care with them. I don't think he trusts his patients and that is the wrong way to approach medical care. Especially for the real sufferers of pain. I do not know what he is like as a surgeon but if you are going to allow someone to cut into you, you should have a trusting relationship. I feel that an educated patient should be an equal part of the treatment goals and decisions about their body. I do not feel he approaches his patients with this philosophy.

|  Unable to get pain control or follow up after back sx  |  show details
by Dr. Light back sx 10-11-10 on Mar 11th, 2013

Ive been in horrible pain since 1993 after an injury. After sx I was suddenly cut off pain control meds. I'm in a state of constant torture without them verifiable by an emg and NSC studies. After back sx with dr light I've been unable to get pain control or injury mgmt with dr. Light or his pain control md dr. Hatori. I'm trying to find an atty to get pain control and medical care. No one should have this experience this before or after back sx. I would urge the public to publish mds who do provide pain control for everyone's sake.

|  No matter what the damage dr. Hatori likes cold turkey even w/ valium  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

I had back sx by dr. Kenneth light on one level that did not handle the problem. Dr. Light abandoned me as a pt, would not provide further evaluation or pain control. That included pain control services by dr. Hatori who I saw before, ( he works in dr. Lights office). In may of 2012 I was in appropriately cutoff 35 mg of Valium a day, 20 mg OxyContin, #12 per day and dilaudid 4 mg #18 per day. Mds aren't allowed to do this. Dr. Light would not come to my aid nor would dr. Hatori. I'm now in horrible constant pain with sciatica and I have kidney damage from drug cutoff( high carbon dioxide levels, low RBC count, and high bun/ creatinine count 25.00). Normal creatinine is 10.00 to 20.00 and reflects kidney damage. No md is suppose to cut a person off high doses of Valium because of possible lethality but I was with no intervention or help from dr. Light or his pain md dr. Hatori. Dr. Hatori,can you explain this conduct??? I never signed up for the dr. Mengele pain control plan. Valium anyone??

|  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

|  Review from nurse with injury  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

wait was not that long but very rude when i was explaining my history. he may have approach me differently if i told him i was a nurse. very disappointed and he even came highly recommended. i will not see this MD again!

|  MA,PhD,ABD  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

I find Dr. Hattori to be very patient oriented. He is very straight forward and honest, something I appreciate in a doctor.He has provided more service to me than the average doctor. I highly recommend him for pain management.

|  not the best in town  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

love my new doctor now which i found after my bad experience with this doctor... thanks to the so-so treatment i got from this doctor!

|  searching for a new doctor  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

i have seen seeing this doctor close to 2 years. i feel he is just milking my insurance company. i have not had good relief. when i complained and explained what has happened since my last visit, he seems not to care and don't want to listen. i get the same talk with no relief. i have no ooptions since my insurance sends me to him. i glad our company changed insurance and i am now seeing a new doctor with better relief!

|  great Dr.  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Hattori for over a year always right on target to diagnose a problem.

|  Not the best doctor  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2010

not because he went to highly rately school, means that he will have the best bedside manner. i wished i read the posting here before i made my appt.

|  Professional Manners needs much improvment.  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2010

Dr, Hattori, you could greatly benefit by first learning how to respect your patients and being more professional. It has been my opinion that you don't often get along with many of your patients. You stero-type your patients and you do not listen to their needs. My only hope is I pray there are only a few like you in this profession.