Dr. Matthew Colligan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Colligan?

September 28th, 2016

Don't Complain About Pain!

Dr. Colligan has terrible bedside manner. Told me my left knee was shot. Due to an open diabetic wound I cannot have knee surgery yet. He recommended injections of a gel that was done in three visits. He made it perfectly clear that he did not give pain meds for patients before I even asked. After the first knee injection when I returned for the second and third injection, they kept asking me if I were there for my first injection... I then went in for my left knee first injection and asked him what the difference was between the temporary fix of a gel injection and apin meds and he became very irate. I told him I could see how people could get suicidal with massive pain and that the CDC (center for disease control) had to right to classify everyone as a drug abuser. He then told me he would arrange for pain management to come see me, he then stormed out of the exam room. 15 minute later the police came in telling me that I said I was going to shoot the place up! an out and out lie! I was taken to brown county family services to be questioned. I was never charged and Family services found me to be 100% in my right mind. Dr. Colligan was aggravated that I questioned why he is okay with making money doing knee injections that have no proven history of helping the knee pain, but refuses to administer pain meds that do help some people that cannot have surgery right away. After I began researching him, I found that almost all of his reviews from patients are NEGATIVE! Think before you use this quack!

September 26th, 2016

Total knee replacement!

I love this doctor! Got in relatively soon! Doesn't beat around the Bush! My scar is alot shorter than my other leg done by a different doctor! Totally recommend him! My sister also had him for both her knees with total replacementsize!

January 13th, 2016

Ubsurdly unprofessional

We sought a second opinion from Mr. Colligan on a serious health issue... He made several inappropriate comments to both of us, repeatedly insisted that he doesn't "hand out narcotics" when we didn't even bring narcotics up, kept asking if the patient was depressed over & over, cutting her off when she tried answering. Told her that her condition was imaginary & that she should look it up on the internet, even though we have already looked for information online. Said we shouldn't bother going to physical therapy at all because it wouldn't make us happy. Going back to the first doctor, continuing successful physical therapy.. Don't waste your time with this guy.

September 17th, 2015

uncaring, worthless physician

had him Oct. 1st, 2014, Marquette General..... he replaced my right hip, and tore up all my upper leg muscles, said in report he sent me home able to walk up steps, etc. not true, fell the night I came home, sent me home with no pain killers, could hardly stand, almost a year later I live with constant pain in the upper muscles, walk like a cripple, he ruined my ability to walk, use a cane to get around, would never want him to hurt any one else like he did me.....there are 4 more in our town that I know of that had the same thing happen to them with their hip replacements, they are in the same shape as I am...

September 17th, 2015

Great Doc

Dr. Colligan did total knee replacement on both knees. My experience with him was very positive. I would totally recommend Dr. Colligan !

July 28th, 2014

I felt abandoned.

Immediately after he completed my total hip replacement, he flew to North Carolina, leaving me in the care of his P.A.-C. I recall seeing her once during my stay. Before I was discharged I needed a Fleet enema. During that procedure, I was injured and bleeding profusely. The P.C.-A never examined me. I am not sure if she even knew this injury had occurred. When I saw him for my post-op exam, I asked him about it. He didn't even know it had occurred, so one wonders is he even read the chart before my post-op checkup. The injury took 6 months to heal. I would never go to him again.

April 29th, 2013

Total knee replacement

I could not have been more pleased with a Surgeon! Dr. Colligan and his staff are a shining example of true professionalism. I had a total knee replacement in 2011. I felt very informed on all levels of pre-op, surgery and post-op. Not being a medical professional myself, he and Vicki put me at ease and I am now scheduled for my second total knee replacement. I would recommend this Surgeon to anyone, especially needing knee surgery!

May 22nd, 2012

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone needing shoulder surgery, he has a very condenscending nature and did not fix my husbands shoulder but made the situation worse. Horrible hospital follow care.

October 1st, 2017