Dr. Mathew Nguyen Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Mathew Nguyen?

February 9th, 2017

Awful

I heard he got fired and is working for Children's Home Society now. That's almost worse than when he worked at Shands. He was highly abusive and aggressive towards patients. I feel bad for the CHS patients who have to see him when they are already going through hard times.

December 8th, 2016

Dr. Nguyen served as my primary psychiatrist during my stay at the adolescent unit of Shands UF. I was admitted only to have my medication dosage drastically decreased and told I was better off dead than to make life this hard for my family. I was forced to write essays about how worthless I was and why I did not deserve to recover. He took on authority that was in no spectrum of his degree. He and his staff exaggerated my actions, which only caused great anger to this doctor and gave him the excuse to psychologically abuse me and punish me. Please do not send your child to this psychiatrist - he is malicious and cruel. He has caused many of my friends PTSD, and he attempts to convince you that your traumatic experiences are just cries for attention. I repeat, do NOT send your child to this doctor.

July 11th, 2016

If I could give him zero stars, I would. He's a horrible doctor, who does his work by terrifying and lording his power over his patients and colleagues. I was a patient under his care at Shands Vista, and not only did I leave there worse than I came, I also left showing signs of early Serotonin Syndrome, which was only picked up on because my parents know the signs. The entire time I was under his care I was terrified, nervous, and burst into tears whenever I saw him. I still get anxious and scared whenever I see someone who looks like him, and it's been two years. Please, don't take your children or yourself to this man.

November 30th, 2015

i went into Shands Vista fir an Eating Disorder, major depressive disorder, social and general anxiety disorder, insomnia, and body dysmorphic disorder. I slept on the floor the first week i was there to be on "eye contact" so i wasn't harming myself/doing destructive behaviors. every time i stood up in the morning, i would pass out and they always blamed my ED, not me going from a shallow sleep and being pulled up my arm to have my vitals taken. i was shamed for having a mental illness. when i saw the doctors each morning, i was belittled, shamed, and talked down to. i was required to write my own suicide note, a paper on why i wanted an ED/depression/anxiety, why i liked being a victim, why i was a bad person, why i liked making people worry, and more. during my six week stay, i was told i wasn't allowed to get dressed until i drank Gatorade or until a nurse was available to watch me get dressed. the techs/nurses were constantly bickering and complaining. In six weeks, i had to appointments with a therapist; one on my second day and one on my last day. we could never go outside, i wasn't allowed to talk to anyone, and everyone was intimidated by the staff - everyone cried because of them, no matter their age. They ruled through intimidation. it was a prison. I was nearly assaulted by other patients several times and they did nothing. a girl came out of her room naked and sat on me once. they did nothing. they left severe OCD undiagnosed and exacerbated undiagnosed PTSD. i wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. DO NOT COME HERE. you will come out worse than you entered.

November 24th, 2015

Very sick man

He's insane sick violent dangerous. Keep away from him. Should not have a med license

Never

He is horrible and is a vile person that deserves nothing.

August 11th, 2015

Completly a terrible human being who needs some serious help himself before he should ever be allowed to talk to anyone with problems of the field he works in.

August 11th, 2015

Absolutely the most abusive doctor I have ever been to. Made me write suicide letters and told me that he hoped my parents died so I had to live with the guilt of having them die hating me

May 7th, 2015

Abusive and unprofessional.

January 21st, 2015

The hard truth

Dr. Nguyen was very rude and curt. He made us all as patients feel impersonable and like we all were lab rats. He might have been smart but he was just quick to assume most of his patients were bi-polar and didn't take time a passion to consider our stories or that some like myself were coming off of a post-trauma accident associated with a prescription narcotic addiction. All I needed was detox, prayer and guidance... Not a quick prescription of risperadol supplemented with beta blocking meds that turned me into a thoughtless zombie.

January 18th, 2015

Do not go to this horrid unprofessional

Absolutely horrible. Abuse of power and crude behavior. Revoke license

December 5th, 2014

bootyhole

THIS "DR" IS REPULSIVE WITH HIS STANK BREATH, HIS STRATEGY TO HELPING AN INDIVIDUAL IS HORRENDOUS. HE WOULD YELL AT ME FOR CRYING AND HE THINKS BE INSULTING VULNERABLE TEENS AND MAKING THEM FEEL LIKE THEY DONT BELONG WILL SAVE THEM FROM THE THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE. HE MADE ME WRITE AN ESSAY ABOUT ME HATING MY MOM?!?! IM DONE. YOU GET THE POINT.