Dr. Mathew Samuel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 7th, 2016
A joke!
If you like him, it is because he is supplying narcotics for you! His nurse is always high on something. I have seen her so out of it that her speech was slurred! The receptionist is rude & condescending toward everyone. They cannot keep their billing straight! The office people have no morals & talk freely about their lifestyle! As for the doctor, by far the rudest person ever! I clicked one star but I didn't want to give him that, but I couldn't submit this without giving something!

December 17th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Samuels for about 12 years. I was in so much pain that I could hardly move. My hands and feet had already started to be non functioning. I thought my life was over. I had been misdiagnosed for over two years and the damage had already started to take affect. Dr. Samuels took the time to examine me, do the necessary testing and blood work and listened to what I had been trying to explain to my family physician for years. He diagnosed me with Psoriatic Arthritis and prescribed me Enbrel. He never prescribed me narcotics of any kind, no matter how much pain I thought I was in. He told me to get up and keep those bones moving, in which I did and lost 100 pounds. I have never felt better in my whole life and I have no one to thank other than Dr. Samuels and his wonderful Nurse Angela who will do whatever it takes to help you.

June 15th, 2015
Dr. Samuel was only interested in any pain I was experiencing and had no further concern with my reasons to visit. Multiple people were quickly in and out of his office with prescriptions in hand. I am NOT returning to a pill doctor.

June 5th, 2015
Dr. Samuels has been an excellent physician for me. I have been going to him for over ten years. He saved my life.

May 7th, 2015
First visit terrible. I've never been treated so rudely in my life my by a health care professional. Will not return, was not receptive to anything other than I was pain medication seeking and wanted to diagnose immediately with fibromyalgia. I have private insurance, and will seek help elsewhere.

October 6th, 2014
I have only seen him a few times now. My doctor referred me suspecting I have arthritis. Dr. Samuel's diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia after examining me and I have no reason to doubt his expertise. You have to see him at least once a month while trying to find a medication that will help you. Then your appointments can be further apart. So far I have found Dr. Samuels to be extremely kind and personable. I rated my diagnosis 4 stars out of 4 since at this point I have no reason to believe otherwise.

March 6th, 2013
self employed truck driver
i have been going to dr matthew for almost four years now and i would have to say that he is the best he really cares about his patients and helps them to have a better quality of life so if you need this kind of doctor then i would highly recomend him

February 25th, 2013
Find another Doctor..
The wait was short because every time I've been there I was the only patient there. He required me to visit every month & I know better. He was raping my medical coverage bad. I dont look for him to be open much longer with no patients. My visit only took 90 seconds. Plus getting my perscription (Humira) turned out to be very hard & he wouldnt write it unless I came in for a office visit. Do yourself a favor & go to another doctor to begin with.

October 2nd, 2012
I've been seeing Dr. Samuel for about six years now and I am extremely satisfied. I found out I had R.A. over a year before I went to him and knew very little about the disease. My first visit I basically had to be carried in because it was that bad. Dr. Samuel explained everything to me and finally got it under control enough to where I could get around. I thought my life was over but he showed me just how wrong I was. I will be forever thankful that I found such a wonderful Dr.Also want to point out that the people that help Dr. Samuel such as the receptionist (Stephanie) and the nurse (Angela) are very good at what they do. They are friendly and actually care about people. There have been a few times when I've gotten pretty bad before my next office visit and Stephanie always manages to get me in usually the same day I call or, if it's too late in the evening, within the next day. And Angela is my favorite nurse out of the many I deal with for my other problems besides R.A. My overall experience with this office is the best. I would recommend Dr. Samuel to anyone who suffers from R.A.

April 17th, 2012
i was referred to dr matthew by a friend and he is the best on a scale of one to ten i would rate him and his staff eleven

June 10th, 2011
I have been taking my Mother to Dr. Samuel for about a year and we both have been very pleased with him. A year ago she could hardly get around due to her severe RA, but now she looks and feels a lot better. This is due to Dr. Samuel's care and treatment. He has a very friendly and helpful staff. We usually wait less than 10 minutes in his waiting room for him to see her, which is amazing for a doctor's office. We would definitely recommend him to anyone needing a Rheumatologist.

January 4th, 2011
You asked me how I knew I could'nt get hooked on hydrocodone. Well my former family doctor was patil and he helped me control the pain with 10 mgs. for more than two years, then he just retired' The new doctor Mathartu said that was too strong and cut it to 5mgs.Then he stopped family practice.After that I got nothing.Other than the pain was back no other side effects was tnere. The pain is never stopped by the pills it only reduced it to a level I could stand it.