Rheumatologist
2154 Carter Ave
Ste D
Ashland, KY 41101
606-325-9224
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  self employed truck driver  |  show details
by donald russell on Mar 6th, 2013

i have been going to dr matthew for almost four years now and i would have to say that he is the best he really cares about his patients and helps them to have a better quality of life so if you need this kind of doctor then i would highly recomend him

|  Find another Doctor..  |  show details
by Not happy one bit... on Feb 25th, 2013

The wait was short because every time I've been there I was the only patient there. He required me to visit every month & I know better. He was raping my medical coverage bad. I dont look for him to be open much longer with no patients. My visit only took 90 seconds. Plus getting my perscription (Humira) turned out to be very hard & he wouldnt write it unless I came in for a office visit. Do yourself a favor & go to another doctor to begin with.

Doctor's Response

I think I know this pt.He misseed his follow up visits .He wanted us to keep calling his medications which we had to stop due to non compliance.We even gave him free samples.He refuses to see the doctor.We practise quality medicine and donot make any compromise.Cannot make every body happy.In fact this person came back to see us after seeing us for few visits many years ago as he was getting worse on his treatment from another doctor.Good luck to him.

Oct 2nd, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Samuel for about six years now and I am extremely satisfied. I found out I had R.A. over a year before I went to him and knew very little about the disease. My first visit I basically had to be carried in because it was that bad. Dr. Samuel explained everything to me and finally got it under control enough to where I could get around. I thought my life was over but he showed me just how wrong I was. I will be forever thankful that I found such a wonderful Dr.Also want to point out that the people that help Dr. Samuel such as the receptionist (Stephanie) and the nurse (Angela) are very good at what they do. They are friendly and actually care about people. There have been a few times when I've gotten pretty bad before my next office visit and Stephanie always manages to get me in usually the same day I call or, if it's too late in the evening, within the next day. And Angela is my favorite nurse out of the many I deal with for my other problems besides R.A. My overall experience with this office is the best. I would recommend Dr. Samuel to anyone who suffers from R.A.

Apr 17th, 2012

i was referred to dr matthew by a friend and he is the best on a scale of one to ten i would rate him and his staff eleven

Jun 10th, 2011

I have been taking my Mother to Dr. Samuel for about a year and we both have been very pleased with him. A year ago she could hardly get around due to her severe RA, but now she looks and feels a lot better. This is due to Dr. Samuel's care and treatment. He has a very friendly and helpful staff. We usually wait less than 10 minutes in his waiting room for him to see her, which is amazing for a doctor's office. We would definitely recommend him to anyone needing a Rheumatologist.

by Wayne Massie on Jan 4th, 2011

You asked me how I knew I could'nt get hooked on hydrocodone. Well my former family doctor was patil and he helped me control the pain with 10 mgs. for more than two years, then he just retired' The new doctor Mathartu said that was too strong and cut it to 5mgs.Then he stopped family practice.After that I got nothing.Other than the pain was back no other side effects was tnere. The pain is never stopped by the pills it only reduced it to a level I could stand it.

Doctor's Response

It is difficult to satisfy patients who are requesting pain medications especially narcotics.That might explain why this patient is unhappy with my care.

|  Another satisfied patient  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2010

I would like to give the highest recommendation for Dr. Mathew Samuel. I have a form of RA that is not typical and he has managed to accurately diagnose my condition and give me great relief. He has an extremely friendly staff who give great care and keep your visits as short as possible. You won't wait long in the waiting room but Dr. Samuel will give you all the time you need to treat your condition. If you find yourself in need of a Rheumatologist in the Ashland area do yourself a favor and make an appointment with Dr. Samuel.

|  Satisfied patient  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Samuel for 5 years. My RA has been kept in check by his treatment and I am doing very well. His office is the most efficient I have found. You rarely have to wait long. As many know this is truly different!! I am very pleased with the treatment I receive from Dr. Samuel.

Oct 18th, 2010

Dr Samuel is a very caring doctor he always seems concerned on how you are doing and his wait time is awesome,he has a very friendly staff to help with what any needs you have. I would highly recommend him, so visit the doctor's office and see for your self!!!

Oct 9th, 2010

This is an update on my earlier comments. As I reflected on the quality of care,(excellent), efficiency of his office (excelent) and wait time....here that depended on the number of patients, their problems, etc. I have found Dr. Samuels to be not only interested in my condition, but also willing to comment about other things that interest him. However, as with all physicians, the time spent over the insurance reimbursement is on his own.....the current medical reimbursement system by insurance companies limits the time doctors can spend with patients.

Oct 7th, 2010

I had had a number of years of multiple doctors, tests, tests and more tests. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Samuels. Within weeks my condition was under control and I have now been stable for sometime. I am impressed with the efficiency of the office, the attitude and support of his staff, the short waiting period, reminder calls, and of course Dr. Samuels care. If I have questions, he answers them....making sure I understand. Occasionally, the wait is longer, but not every patient's need can be accurately timed.

by Robin Queen on Oct 7th, 2010

Dr. Samuel has helped me when no one else could or would. I have a rare autoimmune disease with no cure. I went to 5 other doctors including 3 dermatologists and 2 other rheumatologists, one of which was at Cleveland Clinic. One of the dermatologists worked with me for 5 years but had exhausted all she could do. My aunt referred me to her rheumatologist, Dr. Samuel. He had no experience with my disease either but has worked with me and tried every avenue to get me treatment which the insurance was refusing. He never gave up until the insurance finally approved a new treatment and we are both excited to say the treatments are showing signs of success.He has worked with me in every way possible including financially making arrangements for assistance to pay for the medicine.He spends time with me at each office visit and does a physical check of all joints as well. I cannot say enough on behalf of Dr. Samuel.

Sep 22nd, 2010

Very poor bedside manner. Can be very rude.

Doctor's Response

I think this must be a patient who came to me with some hidden agenda or preconcieved impressions.As you know a physician cannot be rude to a patient on the first visit.But it is also a fact that no human being can please every body.

Aug 26th, 2010

this dr. has no empathy what so ever. felt like i didn't know my own body/symptoms after i left. he's extremely rude and arrogant. interrupts you while you are trying to explain your symptoms, rolls his eyes,keeps repeating his question...louder and louder if you don't answer it the way he expects, makes noises as though i am a child/dog. VERY disrespectful.i bit my tongue my entire visit... just because of the fact i know it would not accomplish anything and would feed his tyrant ego. i would like to point out that this was my first visit/ with insurance. i am a 42 year old professional woman, well dressed. my other comment is i feel sorry for his wife...

Doctor's Response

A doctor has no reason to be rude to his patient on the first visit as it is not a good business strategy.Patients come to a doctor with different agendas.If you donot fulfil it then you are a bad doctor.A doctor can only help patients if a diagnosis can be made.Other wise they move from doctor to doctor.