Dr. Natacha Umlauf-Barrera Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Natacha Umlauf-Barrera?

rude and condescending

Posted on August 14th, 2015

treated my husband and I like we were idiots when asking legitimate questions regarding our son's examination - will never go back.

Posted on January 8th, 2015

i love her she is such an awesome doctor

Not Happy

Posted on December 4th, 2014

Doctor Umlauf has no personality or patient rapport (at least not to the parents). She was very rude and condescending to my husband and I. My toddler was sick, so we brought her in to see Dr. Umlauf. She heard some fluid on my toddler's lung, and ordered a chest x-ray at Oakwood. The chest x-ray came back negative, so we were unclear on her diagnosis. I called a couple of times to the nurses' station, was still unclear on her condition, so i requested a call back from Dr. Umlauf. When Dr. Umlauf called me back, she was very defensive, rude, and continuously cut me off. During the appt., my husband didn't realize she had pneumonia because she never specifically told him that (his mother was also in the room with her). She had told him during the appt. that she had heard some fluid in the lung, but didn't actually say "pneumonia." Since the x-ray didn't indicate that she had pneumonia, we assumed she didn't have it. The only reason I discovered that she had it (though it was a mild case) was because I called back and spoke with one of the nurses. Rather than making an attempt to put me at ease (this is my only kid and I'm still kind of new to parenthood), she told me that she prefers to talk to me in person, and was very argumentative. My husband took her in for a follow-up (we both work full time, and he happened to be on vacation that week). She immediately initiated an argument with him the moment she walked in the office. She spoke very negatively about me to my husband, and got him really fired up. She was very unprofessional, and she rudely told him that I had called the office repeatedly (i had called twice), and apparently she had a problem with my calling to ask her questions. (By the way, I don't feel that I was rude to her on the phone. I just had some questions, and was concerned that we weren't really informed). She blamed us for not understanding her diagnosis. She further stated that she prefers to make copies of everything and document everything for us, in case his "wife" is unclear. He asked her not to speak to him as if he was a 5 year old. We both have post grad degrees, we're smart and generally laid back people, but she spoke to us (and of me) as though we were idiots. We will never go back. I do like the receptionists and I like Dr. Agomuoh. I appreciate that the receptionists always squeezed us in when I called to bring my daughter in when she was sick.

If you're not Latino you're not treated right.

Posted on February 10th, 2014

Umlauf is rarely at her office. Her determiner when she did see my children is rude, rushy, and unprofessional. She has interns in and out of this office all the time. The "physicans assistants" are always speaking Spanish and favors the Latino clients taking them before my children even though our appointment was 30 minutes before there's. Veronica the receptionist is worried only about her makeup, food, and the Latino clients do not take your children here they have misdiagnosed my son twice and this time I will not return!

If You Care About your Child's Wellbeing Do Not Take Them Here

Posted on February 3rd, 2014

Worst pediatric office I have ever been too. Very dirty for one and the staff are extremely rude. Dr. Umlauf is rarely even there. When she did examine my children- maybe twice in the past two years, she didn't even check their eyes or ears! Her bedside manner is very ridiculous. She walked in very unpleasantly. My older daughter had obstructive sleep apnea which required surgery. I had to advocate for my child and take her elsewhere. I wouldn't advise anyone to take their kids here. An office should not be run by a bunch of physician assistants. I

This DOCTOR is a must

Posted on December 6th, 2011

Dr. umlauf is one of the best doctors I've encountered with her loving staff, that has always met my needs. A+

If your looking for a pediatrician choose Dr. Umlauf, and staff

Posted on July 30th, 2011

Dr. Umlauf is the most caring, and direct doctor I've ever been too.

Posted on February 9th, 2011

Not happy

Posted on December 9th, 2010

i will never come back with this dr. i'm glad i move up ..

Please read before choosing Dr. Umlauf

Posted on September 1st, 2010

Dr. Umlauf failed to diagnose my son's lazy eye. He has gone there since birth and supposedly had annual eye exams. Now two specialists have told me that his vision is so terrible it would have been impossible to miss it during a routine exam. In fact, my son at age six failed the school eye test after Dr. Umlauf's office filled out his health appraisal which verifies an eye exam is complete. He has 20/300 vision and was going blind in one eye. He must wear a patch for the entire day for months in the hope of not letting his eye deteriorate further. His prognosis would be significantly better had this been treated at age 2 or 3 when it should have been discovered. In fact, it is most likely that he would only have minimal loss in his eye instead of lifelong, preventable damage. Please don't regret taking your child there.

Posted on July 30th, 2017