Dr. Matthew Alleman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 15th, 2015
Simple Surgery, Complicated Location
My surgery would be considered by most as simple (skin lesion removal), but complicated due to its location (anal area). After referral from my primary care provider, Dr. Alleman's office called me within a few days to schedule a consult visit. Dr. Alleman does not waste time nor words, so don't expect to have a weather discussion while in the exam room, but he did take time to explain my circumstance and the surgical solution to my satisfaction and I appreciate his "less talk, more action" approach. Surgery was soon scheduled at the Wake Med Same Day Surgery and service provided at this facility could not have been any better. My recovery period was not without discomfort and pain, but post surgical followups with Dr. Alleman were helpful in helping me to understand what was going on. The only negative point I have regarding the procedure is not with Dr. Alleman nor his staff, but with the phone answering system or procedure for answering phones. Hold times were quite lengthy, but when I finally got to speak with an attendant they were always professional, helpful, and polite. I will most definitely recommend Dr. Alleman to my friends and will call upon him again if needed.

May 14th, 2015
Surgery was successful without any problems afterwards. Previous surgeon said it was not possible due to age and other conditions.

March 10th, 2015
Knowledgeable & skilled surgeon. Great bedside manner. Efficient office.

December 13th, 2014
Excellent surgeon. I recommend this doctor and his staff highly

February 24th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Alleman
Dr. Alleman recently performed Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) on me and I had both positive and negative experiences with him and his office staff throughout the process. His staff was very friendly and I felt both he and his staff provided with me a lot of information regarding my surgery. Leading up to the procedure, I had no hesitation about his competency or any of the potential outcomes of the surgery. The surgery went as expected and I was on the road to recovery as planned. However, that night I was in excruciating pain and found it difficult to breathe due to the pain. I tried to get in touch with Dr. Alleman and his staff using the numbers they provided, with no success. I wound up taking an ambulance to the emergency room. After I had a CAT scan, the hospital sent me home with what was diagnosed to be standard post-op pain. Dr. Alleman finally got back in touch with me the following afternoon. He mentioned that if I experienced the same severe pain, I should go back to the hospital for further tests. 4 days later, I experienced the same pain as before. I called Dr. Alleman again that evening and left a voicemail which was never returned. I decided to return to the emergency room again after 8 intense hours of pain to finally have an MRI done which concluded there was a gall stone retained in the bile duct. I had the stone successfully removed endoscopically without any issues. Overall, both my husband and I were most disappointed with Dr. Alleman’s level of communication. When I was the most desperate for help, I felt that he was the most inaccessible. We were also disappointed in his failure to provide accurate information regarding complications/side effects, pain thresholds, and dietary restrictions. I almost felt as if he and his staff preferred me feeling comfortable over me being accurately informed. Dr. Alleman appears to be a great surgeon (and my incisions are healing very nicely), but the aforementioned areas need improvement.