Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Inga Kennedy on Apr 20th, 2015

I love Dr Beckwith! He really sat and listen to my long list of symptoms and was the first doctor to help me come to a diagnosis so I could receive the proper treatment. I never have a problem getting right in for an appointment and he's always on time.

Feb 27th, 2015

Very thorough and professional. Really listens to patient.

Jan 17th, 2015

This doctor is very rude and mean. Horrible bedside manner and doesn't allow his patients to speak nor does he listen.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Leila Stottlemeyer on Dec 29th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Beckwith for over 10 yrs now. I have to say, he is a very good doctor or I would not continue with him. He does have a routine, where he greets you, then reviews your file to see where you are with any lab tests, physical, meds, etc. Then he addresses your reason for the visit. He is very thorough and has a no-nonsense manner, which in my book is how it should be. He smiles and is pleasant and cordial, but when he is finished he as addressed all my issues and questions. Because of him I still have sight in my right eye, the use of my left shoulder and arm, no more depression, no bronchitis/pneumonia in over 6 yrs and fabulous diabetes control, to name a few things. He knows the right referrals to make when necessary which is a huge help. What more could you want of a doctor?

gets to the root of the problem! show details gets to the root of the problem!
by M. Kathryn Snyder on Nov 23rd, 2013

After reading a couple negative comments about Dr. Beckwith, I found it necessary to comment myself. Apparently the people that made the comments expected to go to a doctor and have a pity party, get some medicine, a few days off of work or school get a kiss on their boo boo and go home feeling loved! That's NOT what you get from Dr. Beckwith. He has been my doctor for about 15 years and I learned right from the very 1st appointment with him to let do his exam, questioning and entering information into the computer and then it's MY turn to spill my guts! If I'm speaking while he's working, he can't do his job. He only needed to tell me that one time and I 'got it'! If it weren't for him I wouldn't have found out that I had been diagnosed. With several illnesses that a local heart group found while I was admitted to the hospital. I was released without being told and when I went to Dr. Beckwith for my regular check up appointment he ask how I was feeling since my diagnosis of these illnesses. When I told him I had no idea what he was talking about, he picked up the phone and called the heart doctor and sent an email. All of this was done while I was sitting with him. Thank you Dr Beckwith for taking such good care of me for the last 15 plus years.

by Amanda Bussard on Aug 1st, 2013

I have been under D.R. Beckwith's care for four years. He always listens to what i have to say and has helped me with alot of health concerns!

A wonderful doctor that cares about his patients. show details A wonderful doctor that cares about his patients.
by Mrs. Fallin on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Beckwith is a no nonsense doctor, what you see is what you get. There are no cuddles and no aww poor you. he is by far the best doctor I have ever had and I have been to some of the best doctors in the Northern Virginia area. He cares how you live and is not a doctor that is going to prescribe medication just so you can have it. He is everything that you want your doctor to be.

A Very Caring Doctor show details A Very Caring Doctor
Jan 21st, 2012

Dr.Beckwith is a wonderful doctor. He spends time to explain things. This doctor has sent me to the necessary specialists to help diagnose me. He doesn't like to jump around and prioritizes and treats the most critical issues first. He has a great sense of humor!

This is a terrible doctor show details This is a terrible doctor
Oct 13th, 2011

I have had this doctor for 8 years now and since I only recently started to really need a doctor, I now realize he is terrible. His bed side manner is horrible to say the least. The last time I was in I made my appointment via the web, which they encourage, and stated in the web page that I wanted a cholesterol and liver check. When I got to the appointment he started going over some back problems that I had previously seen him for and it was clear that he had no idea what the appointment was actually about. There were other numerous issues that have made me search for a new doctor. Don't waste your time with this one and certainly I would not subject my kids to such an experience.

A poor excuse for a doctor show details A poor excuse for a doctor
Oct 5th, 2010

Went to this doctor once as a new patient. Expected a complete physical and a review of my medical history, but was greeted with cryptic comments, so I walked out. My wife also went, ended up getting a complete physical by an intern. We left, filed a complaint with our HMO and will never return. It was our plan to bring our entire family to this practice, but would not even consider or recommend. He is nothing but a poor excuse for his profession.

Sep 21st, 2010

Uncaring, sarcastic, unprofessional. Cannot imagine why he became a doctor in the first place. With his personality he would have been better suited to be a lawyer. Run, don't walk, to another doctor!