Dr. Matthew Ben MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 12 reviews

July 11th, 2015
Save your time , money and aggravation. Go somwhere else !
It is quite apparent that this doctor only cares about doing the procedure to collect the big money from the insurance and not caring about the results of the tests. My tests results came back and sat on his desk for days. After several calls to his VERY snotty nurse, she finally called back with my so called diagnosis. She always made me feel like I was a pain. You never get to talk to the doctor. Your only communication is through his assigned nurse, Needless to say, I have wasted a lot of time and money . I would not trust them with my dog.

June 9th, 2015
Poor doctor
Dr. Matthew J Ben is a very professional and careful physician. He is nevertheless poorly assisted by awful and incompetent nurses, who treat patients as dumb and filter any critical message and contact with the doctor.

January 15th, 2015
Easy to talk to doesn't rush through appointment.

November 28th, 2011
When I had appointments with this doctor, I was having gas problems. All he would do was give me pills to take. He never would try to find out what the reason for the gas was! Never any tests for it. He had me taking medicine for an eroded esophagus for about 3 years but never checked on how it was doing! Just kept me taking the pills and never made a following appt. for it. I only had to make appointments if I felt I needed one. I finally felt like getting a second opinion. I wanted to finally get to the bottom of this and find a reason for the gas problem without just continue taking pills!

October 13th, 2011
Dr. Ben, Yvonne & Sandra have been great throughout my whole process of being ill. They are great in all fields of expertise.

September 22nd, 2011
Worst Doctor I've Ever Had
Misdiagnosed me. Gave me the wrong medications. Misdiagnosed me again. Horrible attitude and bedside manner. Please go anywhere but to this "doctor." If I can spare one person my experience, than I am happy!

May 4th, 2011
Having read the complaints, which have spanned a year plus, I have to reiterate that Dr. B has less time to spend with patients and rushes thorugh the discussion after procedures in such a way that a patient has not time to process and ask follow up questions. I also had to see his PA in lieu of him and it was the worst decision I made. She left me woth intense doubt about my long term health having no evidence upon which to base her judgement. She is not an acceptable substitte for the doctor. Dr.B seems distracted, rushed and much less willing to discuss and approach his patients with an indivodualized, comprehensive delivery at this point in his harried and overburdened practice. he is highly capable,but this practice has caused him to foreit much of what we valued about him years ago. Going elsewhere is the only option.

December 27th, 2010
Horrible
Dr. Ben was and is so unprofessional, lacks bedside manner and I will never allow him to be my doctor. Before my surgery he stated that I had stage 1 or 2 colon cancer and it ended up being stage 3 colon cancer. A lot to swollow at age 38 and getting the phone call at 8:45pm from Dr. Ben stating that I had colon cancer. I had my surgery and he visited the patient next to me and never even checked on me. Thankfully the other doctors in the practice care about their patients and their health. Think twice before going to him!!

August 9th, 2010
At my first appointment with Ben I waited 2 1/2 hours to be seen. Even if I was not working and loosing time from work this would still be unacceptable. My time with Ben was 10 minutes at best. I was scheduled for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. I waited an hour and a half on a gurney in the hospital for him to show up. I woke up twice during the colonoscopy screaming in pain. I would NOT recommend going to this person!!

June 1st, 2010
Dr Ben seems to always be behind schedule and in a hurry to get me out of his office. He needs to take more time and listen better - I usually feel intimidated and unsatisfied when I leave. My PCP now always says "ask Dr. Ben" to any question, but then Dr Ben gives me the brush off and makes me feel stupid or a hypochondriac. However, I think he is smart and knows his subject and is very good about sending the results of tests.

March 31st, 2010
Please Seek Help Elsewhere
He did not take me seriosuly and then misdiagnosed me. I have since switched doctors and have found the answers I need.

March 31st, 2009
Spreading himself too thin?
I am a longstanding patient of Dr. Ben's & I like him, a lot, but I have become disillusioned & at times apprehensive about the quality of care I am receiving at this time. Albany Gastro-Entro is a large practice & maybe that's the problem - they've become too large & patients are like cattle with a number branded on their side. Visits: the avg time before you see the Dr. is an hour. I am taking time off work for my appts & show up on time. If I am late, they will not see me. However, I am expected to wait at times as long as 2+ hrs to see my Dr. Making timely appts is nearly impossible. I ended up in the hospital & upon release was instructed to see Dr. Ben ASAP. Although I did my best to relate this to the appt desk clerk she was unmoving stating the earliest I could see him was in 3 months! I spoke with his nurse & even she tried to tell me it would be over a month. I held my ground & did get in sooner but considering the circumstances it was unacceptable. Also, they have a habit of calling & changing the appts you've now been waiting 3 months for - at the last minute! What I find even more intolerable is being passed off to the nurse practitioner instead of seeing my Dr. I have a serious illness - I want to see my Dr.not someone else! Maybe once in awhile but this is becoming the norm with him vs the exception. Also, I know he sees numerous other patients but sometimes I wonder if he even remembers who I am or why I am there. I feel I am being left with no choice but to look for another specialist, maybe in a smaller office who actually has the time needed to provide the care patients need & deserve. I don't expect personal service but I do expect to receive quality care & Dr Ben is failing his patients. Sorry