Dr. Matthew Berger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 20th, 2016
Appreciative
Dr Berger is a genius in psychiatry, He is to psychiatry what John Forbes Nash was to Mathematics.

August 20th, 2016
He is a discusting speciman of a human being never mind a Dr. He has no empaty or compassion! I know since hr started practice in wilkesberra pa in 1990 . as he started to get popular, because there is a shortage of. Phys. he started getting worse!!! He thinks he is God he is a glorified pill pusher!!!!! all he does is hand out samples form the pharmacuticals that pay him to do so he caused terrable uproar in my life with my mother & myself he signed off that my mother be placed in nursing home & that wasent necessary. & caused me to become verry ill instead of trying too help he said he would no longer see me as a patient. Please dont trust him he is just interested in $ insteat of a persons wellfare, because the phyics r hard too find, dont be fooled by the hype, that glorious office is because most people cant find anyone too go too . Dont be fooled!!! He is only interested in hireing good looking women! To do his work, he has people on so many anti depressents they cant function normaly,

July 14th, 2016
I see Dr. Berger, and sometimes his staff as I am diagnosed with pronounced adult ADD/ADHD, mild depression and occasional panic attacks. Dr. Berger is empathetic, understanding, and I feel, "in my corner". I was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD as a young child, and have been treated by numerous doctors. Dr. Berger is the best.

June 18th, 2016
I am pleased with my cousler , my pa and dr berger they have helped me out a lot they are there for u when you need them I even call at 3am sometimes and dr berger always calls me back and his staff is kind and courtous

August 31st, 2015
This office seemed to be functioning very well in the past. However, there has been a decline in services within the past two years. The clinicians do not always get messages in a timely manner, and the office staff seems to have difficulty finding time to answer the phone. I have been a patient of Dr. Berger's since 2013. I have yet to meet him.

August 17th, 2015
I see Katie and she is fantastic. Very friendly and down to earth. I had seen three others at this facility and we kept trying till I found someone I was comfortable with. Dr. Berger is also very good. He knows his stuff and is also very funny which is nice to see.

July 1st, 2015
How do you sleep at night, Dr. Berger? Perhaps you are a Sociopath.
What is noteworthy to my about you is the sundry patients you have treated in the past who eventually leave your Psychiatric Warehouse to seek treatment elsewhere.

April 20th, 2015
Dr. Berger is a no nonsense person who focuses on the issue at hand.

April 15th, 2015
Terrible, Dr. Ignorant staff.
What a poor excuse for a DR. I went to Dr. Berger when he just started out. He moved to Montage and his office became a cattlehouse of dispensing drugs. His staff are the most uncourteous, unsympathetic I have ever encountered. He makes a ton of money and does nothing. He is useless. I can not believe how rude I was treated by PAT, his assistant. I needed refill, I was going out of town..They fired me as a long time patient for supposedly not showing up for appointments. not true. I had to cancel several but always called the day before. I had cancer, car trouble etc. Anyway he didn't give me enough refills to find another dr. I needed 7 pills t last until next Friday. I called today spoke to PAT, she threatened me not to call again. he said I called 5 times and never to call again. as a dr of his kind he know you cant just stop taking these meds. I told her i was calling my lawyer and finally they refilled my prescription

January 22nd, 2015
Excellent doctor Jennifer ,very concerned about my mom and us .

October 4th, 2014
changes diagnosis constantly
He does not spend a reasonable amount of time with me and he can't seem to stand by his diagnosis. He has too much power considering he had to get his degree in Central America. Which is always alarming considering what his position entails. He also has a rating of 2.5 out of 5. He does not communicate why he makes the medical decisions he does. I would rate him a 1 out of 5. My question is, how do I fire him.

December 11th, 2013
Horrible experience
So it took me a month to wait for my appointment. I get it scheduled his office is 50 minutes away. I get there for my appointment on time, actually one half hour early and the receptionist tells me they called me that morning to tell me my appointment was cancelled. I will be sending them a $50 cancellation fee for my gas and my time that I wasted going up there just like they would have charged me had I canceled the day of my appointment! Don't waste your time because they have no consideration for yours!