Oncology Specialist (cancer), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Southdale Medical Center
6545 France Ave S
Ste 210
Minneapolis, MN 55435
952-928-2900
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  He Saved My Life!  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

I was diagnosed with Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer on Friday. I had no insurance and had surgery the next Monday. He then stayed on my case throughout my treatments and was the best doctor I could have asked for. His staff was excellant as well. He is very knowledgeable and took all the worry off of my shoulders. Thank God Ifound him.

|  dr boente saved my life.  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

dr boente is brilliant. i wouldn't be writing this had dr boente not diagnosed, but operated on,.designed a treatment protocol, and been my follow up dr throughout my entire chemo.i owe my life to him and the good folks at MOHPA.I love you all.nancy t, 7 yrs.cancer free

|  Difficult office to navigate  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

No matter what happens to me, I would never go back. Dr. Boente told me that if I had surgery on Friday I could go back to work Monday. It was almost 2 weeks before I could go back and months before I was comfortable. I still have issues with the area but no matter how much I tried to follow up with them they didn't have any more information than to wait. He told me in a couple of months that I would never know I had the surgery which, it's been 6 and I have to go to a different Doctor to see if I can take care of lingering issues. When I made the appointment it was for the middle of summer and I thought it would be a few days off, if I had not called and double checked what Boente had to say I would have been home in my recliner for weeks with a 7 year old to entertain. No swimming, no summer trips, no nothing for about 6 weeks. They are not very good at communication. At one point the NP told me that 90% of their patients call them frequently during recovery because no on is prepared for it. They could do something about this, they just haven't. When I pushed them on this topic, they said my recovery was based on how healthy I was and they have no way of knowing but if they followed up with their patients, they would have that data.

|  about Dr. Boente  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

Dr. boente is not only my docter he is my hero,he save my live in 1996 when I was about 17 years old in my country here back then the didnt knew what to do in my case I went to the state to fccc, doctor matthew boente take a verey spicial care of me and he treat me,I have now 4 children after my treatment I recover from cancer "coreucarcenoma" his the best doctor I ever meet in my entire live,until now I take his advice in allot of things and he give me a good advice,he is the only one I can trust god bless you doctor Boente you are verey smart.

|  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

Excellent surgeon, excellent support staff. Always took time to listen to my concerns.

|  show details
by Cindy on Feb 26th, 2009

Dr Boente is a wonderful doctor.We don't know how to express our appreciation to him and his team when they did my mom's surgery. He cares for patient and spend time with us to answer questions.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Dolores on Nov 17th, 2008

Dr. Boente is very caring and compassionate. I was refered to him and when you get refered to a cancer doctor you panic, at least I did. He is very comforting and let me know that if it was cancer, we would work through it...thank goodness in my case it was caught in time, but if it hadn't I have alot of confidence in Dr. Boente that he would be straight with me and tell me what to have expected.

|  Very caring  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2008

Dr Boente and his staff are wonderful!