Dr. Matthew Bressie MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 4th, 2016
Out of touch with his patients
He does not listen appropriately and there is a lack of communication between his assistant or reception to get messages. So you get message after message from them relaying the same information and still they say not recieved. He was competent when he first started at Pacmed but he does not listen when I made an entire separate appointment to meet in private without my child there to discuss depression medication he prescribed a med one I told him numerous times I had bad side effects from. When I asked about prescribing strattera a medication that helped in the past he said he believed it would not help depression and serequel xr would be good. I was willing to try medication once more but he never followed through with the pre authorization for the med. since I have seen him I have had 2 separate visits to dr at his office recieved a call from his assistant sayinb tell my new doctor to deal with my refills. It seemed very unprofessional like he was trying to get back for me telling him to please stop calling and sending me letters regarding my sons eye appt that I had repeatedly called to tell Pacmed the location and time of his appointment. Bressie used to be a doctor that gushed about treating his patients like family. He now seems so out of touch not listening to his patients but instead is like so many new parents who use their experience to compare and tell you how to parent. I have 4 children ages 3,6,14and 17. My first 2 had no delays but my 3rd has developmental issues. Any parent who has child/children with developmental delays knows no parent with kids born with no delays can ever compare or give advice. He should stick with doctoring not spending his time trying to mentor to parents who have differing life experiences.

October 30th, 2015
He seems really focused on the patient and takes time to explain the problem and how to cure it.

September 21st, 2013
Best Doc I have had in many years
I have had bad experiences with other doctors, so when I came to meet Dr. Bressie I didn't think he would be any different. It turns out he has been the best doctor I have had in 20 years. He is very caring and considerate of my feelings, He is very thorough and make sure he answers my questions and concern completely if he can. He doesn't try to rush in and out because he is in a hurry, he takes the time to actually make sure he doesn't miss anything. I had a serious medical issue in 2011 and had to have surgery, I decided before the surgery to go home to North Dakota to see my family just in case I didn't make it through the surgery. when Dr. Bressie found out I was having to have the surgery he called me to make sure I was alright and to ask if I had any questions that needed answered. I have never had a Dr. show that they actually cared about their patients like that, and that is why I think he is a great doctor.

February 23rd, 2013
Very thoughtful and friendly.

July 7th, 2010
Professional, Personal, and Thorough
I was a patient of Dr. Bressie's for five years, and from the beginning found him to be friendly, genuine and methodical. Dr. Bressie is flexible, and in several instances gave us different options so that we could pursue treatments in line with our family preferences. (I was thus surprised to see the previous "BIASED" review, which does not at all reflect my experience.)In a distressing and time-sensitive circumstance where other care providers were unhelpful, Dr. Bressie worked extra to what I needed. He spoke with me numerous times on the phone and fit me into his schedule (multiple times and at the last minute). He clearly wanted to provide me with the best information for my family's health and priorities.I have found Dr. Bressie's diagnoses to be accurate and his advice helpful, and I strongly recommend him as a family doctor.

May 19th, 2010
Biased
He is biased. He judges patients only by what he has read and has no insight to individuals. He puts his own personal beliefs in front of medical care. He is one who judges a book by its cover

July 10th, 2017