Dr. Matthew Budway MD Patient Reviews

• 56 reviews

September 5th, 2016
great spine surgeon!
I just had a lumbar spine operation by Dr Budway. I was in pain for 6 months, and when I woke up in the recovery room, my pain was gone. I still can't believe it. He's a real miracle worker!

August 23rd, 2016
Excellant Doctor
Outstanding Doctor. Office staff is the pits !You have to leave a message and wait for them to get back to you. Hopefully they do but not always. Doctor Budway should look into this situation and resolve it.

July 30th, 2016
outstanding care!
I recently had a complicated operation done by Dr Budway. It was a complete success! He guided me through the whole process and made certain all of my fears were addressed and all of my questions answered. He is one of the busiest- and best!- spine surgeons in Philadelphia. But speaking from personal experience, he is well worth the wait!!!

June 15th, 2016
I am very disappointed with the overall lack of communication and response times with this office and Dr. Budway. He was very nice in person when I was finally able to schedule a follow up appointment after a serious accident and hospital stay. However, the office seems to be disconnected from Dr. Budway and getting a call back is difficult. I feel as though they have taken no initiative or personal interest in me as a patient. I am recovering from a neck and spine injury.

December 31st, 2015
Great experience!
Dr Budway is the best spine surgeon on the Main Line- plain and simple. He's Harvard-educated, but down to earth. He's personable, but extremely professional. He's one of the busiest surgeons in Philadelphia- so it takes a little time to see him. But he's worth the wait!

December 5th, 2015
He's great!
I went to see Dr. Budway after my primary care doctor recommended him, and after I'd read other favorable reviews. After seeing four other surgeons, who either said I didn't need surgery, or were ready to perform what would've been the wrong surgery on me, Dr. Budway quickly and accurately diagnosed my problem. He advised me of my options and didn't pressure me to have surgery. Once I decided to go ahead, I found that all the good things others have said about him are true. He talks to you like a normal person, not like other high and mighty surgeons, and he respects you as a person and a patient, and doesn't talk down to you. He has great credentials. He's friendly. He spends as much time as you need to have all your questions answered. He responds to follow up phone calls, questions and concerns after surgery. Most of all, I was impressed with his accurate diagnosis, and thus far his apparent skill as a surgeon in correcting my problem to the fullest extent possible. I would recommend him immediately and whole-heartedly to anyone who might need back surgery.

November 24th, 2015
Excellent surgeon. Highly recommend.
Quite possibly the best surgeon on the East Coast. Extremely skilled, excellent bedside manor. Explains everything in detail every step of the process. Can recommend without reservation.

February 26th, 2015
in a word- truly amazing!!! (i guess that's 2 words :)...)
i saw 2 other spine surgeons who both were pushing to 'fuse' my spine. i'm barely 30 years old and i was freaking out! i finally got into see dr budway- my primary doc knows him and sweet-talked him into seeing me! i was so, so impressed. he explained to me that surgery was NOT necessary, and that a little time and the right exercise would do the trick. he was SO right. after a couple of months i'm already feeling better. he supported me throughout the entire process. this guy is for real. i can gobble him up!!!

February 23rd, 2015
SUCCESS!!!
I was suffering from constant day to day pain for at least 2 years. I consulted with at least 3 surgeons in Philadelphia who all told me my case was utterly hopeless. I was about to give up. My family doctor finally convinced me to consult with Dr Budway. It took a few weeks to see him- and I know why: he has the best reputation on the Main Line. He understood my problem, guided me step by step through surgery and my recovery, and I'm finally on the road to recovery. Every day I feel better and stronger, and I have Dr Budway to thank!

February 6th, 2015
successful diagnosis and treatment......

January 18th, 2015
A complete success!!!
I was in so much pain from my herniated disc in my lower back! I thought my life was coming to an end. Two weeks after surgery with Dr B, I was pain-free! He's the best :)

October 26th, 2014
Best spine surgeon on the Main Line!
I had surgery by Dr Budway. My neighbor had surgery by Dr Budway. My friend at work had surgery by Dr Budway. We all did great! And we are all singing his praises!