Some ratings provided by DrScore.
in a word- truly amazing!!! (i guess that's 2 words :)...) show details in a word- truly amazing!!! (i guess that's 2 words :)...)
Feb 26th, 2015

i saw 2 other spine surgeons who both were pushing to 'fuse' my spine. i'm barely 30 years old and i was freaking out! i finally got into see dr budway- my primary doc knows him and sweet-talked him into seeing me! i was so, so impressed. he explained to me that surgery was NOT necessary, and that a little time and the right exercise would do the trick. he was SO right. after a couple of months i'm already feeling better. he supported me throughout the entire process. this guy is for real. i can gobble him up!!!

SUCCESS!!! show details SUCCESS!!!
Feb 23rd, 2015

I was suffering from constant day to day pain for at least 2 years. I consulted with at least 3 surgeons in Philadelphia who all told me my case was utterly hopeless. I was about to give up. My family doctor finally convinced me to consult with Dr Budway. It took a few weeks to see him- and I know why: he has the best reputation on the Main Line. He understood my problem, guided me step by step through surgery and my recovery, and I'm finally on the road to recovery. Every day I feel better and stronger, and I have Dr Budway to thank!

Feb 6th, 2015

successful diagnosis and treatment......

A complete success!!! show details A complete success!!!
Jan 18th, 2015

I was in so much pain from my herniated disc in my lower back! I thought my life was coming to an end. Two weeks after surgery with Dr B, I was pain-free! He's the best :)

Best spine surgeon on the Main Line! show details Best spine surgeon on the Main Line!
Oct 26th, 2014

I had surgery by Dr Budway. My neighbor had surgery by Dr Budway. My friend at work had surgery by Dr Budway. We all did great! And we are all singing his praises!

Successful surgery show details Successful surgery
Sep 4th, 2014

I was in pain for over 6 months. My laminectomy went flawlessly. I woke up pain free. Definitely a 4 star experience!

TWO THUMBS WAY UP! show details TWO THUMBS WAY UP!
Aug 21st, 2014

I saw other spine surgeons in Philadelphia who refused to treat me because they said my case was hopeless. Dr Budway took on my challenging surgery. I am certainly not pain-free, but my life is so much better thanks to this wonderful and caring doctor!

Go See Doctor Budway! show details Go See Doctor Budway!
Jul 12th, 2014

I had surgery last month with Doctor Budway. I am feeling SO much better. He is SO kind and caring! I can just eat him up :)

add me to the list of delighted patients! show details add me to the list of delighted patients!
May 25th, 2014

I held off on getting surgery because so many other doctors scared me to death! Dr Budway was a breath of fresh air. He made me feel at ease from the day I met him. My operation was a success, and I recommend him to all of my friends and family.

I am now pain free! show details I am now pain free!
Dec 22nd, 2013

I suffered from unbearable back and leg pain for 18 months. I felt helpless and depressed. I was so scared to have surgery. Dr. Budway guided me every step of the way. It is now one month from my operation. And my pain is gone. I am so grateful!

5 stars! show details 5 stars!
Oct 7th, 2013

My family doctor told me Doctor Budway was the best spine surgeon on the Main Line. I was in pain for over a year. It disappeared the day after surgery. My family doctor was right!

I love Dr. Budway! show details I love Dr. Budway!
Aug 27th, 2013

No one could believe the pain I was in before I met Dr Budway. My family- and primary doctor- all thought I was crazy! Dr Budway diagnosed my problem in 5 minutes- and he assured me that I wasn't crazy! My surgery was a complete success. I tell all of my friends about him- he's funny, talented, personable (and cute...). He really gave me my life back!

Dr Budway rocks!!! show details Dr Budway rocks!!!
Aug 15th, 2013

Before surgery, I was scared to death. Dr Budway (aka Super-Bud) put me at ease. He really cares about his patients. To top if off, I am doing great. It's hard to believe this guy is for real!!!

i have my life back again!!! show details i have my life back again!!!
Aug 12th, 2013

i was in pain for over a year. it took a few weeks to see dr budway, but my doctor said he was the BEST on the main line. and HE IS! it took some time to get better, but dr budway guided me every step of the way. because dr budway spent the time to talk with me, i always knew what to expect in my recovery. now i can walk again! THANK YOU, DR BUDWAY!

great spine surgeon! show details great spine surgeon!
Aug 6th, 2013

dr budway takes on challenges most surgeons refuse to treat. before and after surgery, dr budway was always honest with me. i knew what to expect from my operation. i am not completely better yet, but at least i have hope that my life will continue to get better and better. other doctors were not even willing to give me a chance!

finally happy again show details finally happy again
Aug 4th, 2013

i consulted with 2 other surgeons before meeting dr budway, and they both said my case was hopeless. dr budway took on my case, and i have my life back again. he does not shy away from a challenge. i am so happy i met him!

Aug 3rd, 2013

He talks a good game, but his skills are totally lacking. Four hospitalizations & three surgeries later & hopefully now that this last surgery was done by someone else, she may recover. He & his office staff completely ignored her symptoms. Run to a different doctor ASAP. I wish my daughter had.

IMPRESSED! show details IMPRESSED!
Jul 25th, 2013

Dr Budway treats you- not a PA or nurse. He is kind with a sense of humor. He is also an outstanding surgeon- my operation went flawlessly. My experience with Dr Budway could not have been better.

happy happy happy show details happy happy happy
Jun 21st, 2013

one operation and my pain was gone. I am in love with dr budway :)

A Great Surgeon show details A Great Surgeon
by Victor C on May 21st, 2013

It was by chance that Doctor Budway and I crossed paths! I went in for a CT scan to address one issue and found out that I had a much more serious issue...WOW! Doctor Budway came to the rescue. He has a great bedside manner. I had emergency surgery, so my first meeting with him was at the surgical ward. He put me at ease. He gave easy to understand descriptions of the procedure that were going to be done. He was also there in the recovery room to make sure that I came out of everything AOK. Follow-on visits were not rushed. He answered all of my questions fully. He also was open to any concerns that I might have. As others have said, you might have to wait a little bit for him; however he is worth the wait. You get his undivided attention. I would, without reservation, recommend Doctor Budway. He is an excellent practitioner and more importantly a great human being!

AMAZING show details AMAZING
Apr 23rd, 2013

I was in agonizing pain for over a year. And Dr Budway cured me with one operation! I'll name my first-born child after him!

by Wow! on Mar 7th, 2013

This is a guy who actually cares. My internist told me it may take a little while to see Dr Budway- but good things come to those who wait! I saw a couple of spine surgeons before consulting with Dr Budway- I spent most of my time talking to disinterested PAs and nurses- and the surgeons were all-too-interested in cutting me open. Dr Budway was a breath of fresh air. He took the time to discuss my case- and better yet- he had the integrity to tell me I didn't need an operation. I'm now on the mend. I am truly amazed physicians like Dr Budway still exist in today's world of messed-up medicine. I admire him greatly!

by Another happy patient on Feb 9th, 2013

When I was told I needed back surgery, I was scared to death. A few friends and colleagues all recommended Dr Budway as the only guy to see. He is known as the best on The Main Line, so it took a little while to see him, but he comforted me from the start. He doesn't use PA's or nurse practioners, so patients get his undivided attention from the start. He is kind and empathetic. My surgery was a complete success, and I will forever sing his praises.

ecstatic show details ecstatic
Nov 13th, 2012

when i needed back surgery, my family doctor recommended one surgeon: budway. he is one of the best and busiest on the main line. it took about 2 weeks to get a chance to see him, but he was worth the wait. it's been a month since surgery, and i have my life back. i recommended him to all my friends and family!

Donna Sweeney 610-955-7869 show details Donna Sweeney 610-955-7869
Nov 8th, 2012

Office does not get back to you promptly. Called office on Tues. and after recieving no call back took the MRI results to the office in person on Thurs of that week. Office staff took the report and said Dr. would get back to my husband on Fri. or Mon. It is now Thursday of the following week and still no call back! I wonder if the doctor/staff would tolorate this type of unprofessionalizm. Having severe pain in your leg and sitting by the phone waiting for the doctor to give you direction! WE ARE ONLY ASKING FOR A CALL BACK!

Oct 14th, 2012

Simply the best! Smart. Caring. Qualified. If you have any problem with your neck or back, make an appointment with Dr Budway!!!

i got my life back!!! show details i got my life back!!!
Sep 25th, 2012

i was in so much pain after i broke my back. dr budway fixed me! i am so happy i met him! he's kind and caring, and he is a wonderful surgeon and human being!!!

A happy patient show details A happy patient
Aug 2nd, 2012

I consulted with 3 surgeons before electing to have my operation with Dr Budway. I am so glad I found him. Other surgeons had their PAs and nurse practioners talk to me and answer my questions. Dr Budway was the only surgeon I met who cared enough to speak directly to me, without any 'physician assistants' wasting my time. He was a true professional from day one. My surgery was a complete success. I recommend him with no reservations!

glad i met dr budway show details glad i met dr budway
Jul 15th, 2012

my surgery was a complete success. i can walk again! i am so so happy! thank you, thank you, thank you!

very very happy show details very very happy
Jun 27th, 2012

i was in pain for so, so long. i forgot what it was like to be pain free. i met dr budway- and my life has changed. for the first time in years, my life no longer centers around pain medications and physical therapy. i am so thankful!

so very grateful show details so very grateful
May 27th, 2012

i consulted with 3 surgeons before meeting dr budway- including 'experts' at penn and rothman. all 3 said i was too old and my case to hopeless. my family doctor sent me to dr budway. he agreed to take on my case. the surgery was difficult- and the recovery has been hard- but i am so glad that i met him. he has been at my side every since that day i met him. i am finally starting to get my life back thanks to dr budway!

A VERY HAPPY PATIENT show details A VERY HAPPY PATIENT
May 24th, 2012

I WAS IN PAIN FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. FROM THE MOMENT I MET DR BUDWAY, I FELT AT EASE. SURGERY WAS SO SUCCESSFUL THAT I AM NOW BACK TO LIVING LIFE AGAIN. THANK YOU SO MUCH, DR BUDWAY!

Bad surgery show details Bad surgery
May 17th, 2012

Do not go to this doctor if you want good results. Cut the muscle in my mother's neck and cannot be fixed.

Terrible results show details Terrible results
May 17th, 2012

My mother had a broken neck. When Dr. Budway operated he cut the muscle that holds her head up and didn't reattach it. Went to Rothman to have it "fixed". THey could do a little bit but nothing could be done for her neck. Cannot hold her head up at all. Had lots of other complications too,.

Apr 19th, 2012

My internist said that Dr Budway was among the best in Philadelphia, and she was absolutely correct! He is warm, caring, and an outstanding surgeon and human being. I am so happy I met him!

A very happy patient show details A very happy patient
Jan 19th, 2012

I heard from many sources that this guy was amazing- and Dr Budway lived up to my highest expectations. He's the best.

Amazing doctor show details Amazing doctor
Jan 12th, 2012

Dr Budway was recomended to me by my pain speciatist. On May 3 2011 I broke my back. After several different types of treatments it was clear that I had to have surgery. Dr Matthew Budway is an amazing doctor! He was very clear explaining the steps of the surgery. His bedside manners are unbelievable. I had so much confidence in him that I wasn't even nervous the day of the surgery. The surgery was a success. Im going through a day by day recovery. Thank you Dr. Budway!

Best surgeon that never operated on me! show details Best surgeon that never operated on me!
Jan 10th, 2012

After two surgeons said they wanted to do a spinal fusion for My back pain Dr. Budway said he would not. He told me the pain would resolve. It took a long time but he was right. His recommendation was spot on and he allowed me to avoid surgery! Best outcome possible.

a happy patient show details a happy patient
Jan 1st, 2012

great surgeon! and kinda cute :)

Dec 6th, 2011

I lived with pain for so long until I met Dr Budway. After surgery, I couldnt believe that my pain was gone within days. I am so grateful!

Dr. Budway gave my husband his life back show details Dr. Budway gave my husband his life back
Oct 11th, 2011

My husband was almost totally disabled becasue of back pain. He had tried 2 rounds of steroidal injections which did nothing. Dr. Budway performed major back surgery and it was an outstanding success. My husband can do anything he wants now

Oct 9th, 2011

Amazing! I thought my life was over before I met Dr Budway. After surgery, I could walk again- pain-free! He's the best.

Sep 5th, 2011

I was in so much pain before I met Dr. Budway. After he performed surgery, I got my life back. I am so, so grateful!

Aug 14th, 2011

my life was miserable until i met dr budway. i am so thankful!

Aug 2nd, 2011

This surgeon saved my life!

Jul 17th, 2011

An alcoholic

Jun 25th, 2011

The best!!!

Kathy Sweeney show details Kathy Sweeney
by Kathy Sweeney on Jun 28th, 2010

My mom (who is 90) was admitted to the hospital for a broken foot from a fall. Later that day it was determined that the fall was caused by bleeding in the brain. We were fortunate enough to get Dr. Budway as her surgeon. He removed part of her skull and drained the blood. 2 hours after surgery she was eating dinner. He did explain that in 10% of the cases, there is a re-bleed. This unfortunately happened with my mom. Three days later he repeated the surgery again. Today we went for her 2 month check up. She is completely back to normal. Dr. Budway has a great bedside manner, explained everything to her in detail, he is caring - plus an excellent surgeon. We would recommend him to everyone.

If it Can be Fixed, He can Fix It! show details If it Can be Fixed, He can Fix It!
by Roger Hoilman on Sep 16th, 2009

I had suffered with chronic back pain for over 14 years when I met Dr. Budway. Even though I was totally functional and active, I was in severe pain All The Time and it was getting worse! Dr. Budway and his practice came highly recommended and I was at the end of my rope. Something had to be done! I was seen promptly, diagnosed and scheduled for surgery. Not only am I totally fine now, but I cant tell enough people to see the doctors at Chesmont Neurosurgical if you have back pain. They found and corrected what many DE doctors missed. I had a microdiscectomy. Just a 1.5 inch, very thin scar and I feel at least ten years younger, so at 48 that makes me 35 or something. Seriously, I cant recommend this enough! Dont believe the horror stories about back surgery anymore! It kept me from getting this fixed for years.

Aug 5th, 2009

Would gladly recommend him to anyone; he performed a micro-disechtomy on my back and I could not have been more pleased with his professionalism, candor, and integrity.

Aug 2nd, 2009

Amazing!!!

Amy Quinn show details Amy Quinn
Jul 13th, 2009

Dr Budway is an amazing doctor, not just because my surgery was a success, but because he cared about me as a person. I was getting married 24 days after my surgery, and everyone who was with me knew about my upcoming wedding that was on his staff who I had never met. AND the first thing out of his mouth when I saw him was 24 more days. Everyone was great at making me feel comfortable and I was really scared, crying, everything. This Dr is the best dr with bedside manner I have ever met and will answer any and every question you have very quickly! I would recommend him to anyone.