Best ENT in Sarasota show details Best ENT in Sarasota
by Wayne B. on May 14th, 2015

Dr. Byers has stayed on top of my chronic ear problems and I have trusted him to insert ear tubes in the office many times. He and his staff are all very friendly with my wife and children. The office try's to see as many people as possible, so the wait time came be long, but Dr. Byers is worth the wait!

Money hungry over booking Dr. that doesnt care about your issues . show details Money hungry over booking Dr. that doesnt care about your issues .
Aug 27th, 2013

First off the office over books people so when your appointment is at a certain time you still have to wait another 45 to 1.5 hrs later to even get into the room to see the Dr. Then when you do get in finally he doesn't have time to look at you properly and doesn't even seem to care. I ask him about my throat being swollen and how it hurts and all he wanted to ask is were I work and how fun my job was... Six months later and five times seeing Dr.Byers I still have same throat issue. Ever time I have went its the same over booking Problem and still has never looked into my throat with any instrument. Going to new ENT. I recommend everyone to look elsewhere. New ENT said he has heard the same issues with my old ENT and has now diagnosed me the first day I seen him. Wow what a bad doctor DR. Byers is. BEWARE....

Poor communicator, poor listener show details Poor communicator, poor listener
by Tom on Jul 11th, 2013

If this man is a surgeon, he should stay in surgery. Disinterested, poor listener, no documentation and unaware of tests he ordered or phone calls so all has to be repeated. Does not like to be questioned. Hearing loss,pain, vertigo : ok, he looked in ears, nothing more. For this, $300 . No encouragement, no support.

Horrible, lacks respect, Inconsiderate show details Horrible, lacks respect, Inconsiderate
Aug 31st, 2012

I was at Sarasota Memorial, Dr was to stop by at 6PM to review my condition and discharge me, he never showed or called to explain his issue, I called his emergency line at about 6:15PM and he hadn't returned my call till 8:45PM, about 1 and 1/2 hours after my GP had arranged my discharge. Dr Byers would have cost me an extra nites hospital stay.I would never recommend this doctor

Not desirable show details Not desirable
Apr 29th, 2012

After months of dealing with an issue calling for an appt there was no promptness in getting me in my options were weeks out even after calling to say I couldn't wait until that appt. Then when I get offered a day when he actually is going to be in the office when I was told he wasn't going to be there.... I was given three options of times and I took the later of the three so that I could still attend a meeting at work. I arrive that day and the recetionist tells me oh we had you at an earlier time but i guess we can still see you its not that much later after.... so instead of me being half hour early for the appt I scheduled, I was being scolded for being a half hour late for the appt she booked me. Then I get back in the room and the assistant was great- she listened to what was going on with me and was caring and understanding, I felt like she was doing more for me than the Dr. Himself. She tells me that Dr. Byers will want to scope down my nose and continues to put an anesthetic spray in my nose, preparing me. Dr. Byers comes in and only looks at my ear- tells me he doesn't see what I am feeling and that we could possibly be dealing with irreversible hearing loss. I was instructed to schedule for a hearing test, which go figure would be another visit- 2 weeks out. Needless to say I went for a second opinion at another ENT in town whom ACTUALLY LOOKED AT MY EAR NOSE AND MY THROAT, and they diagnosed what was going on instantly and gave me a hearing test that day to rule it out- I scored 100% by the way- Highly UNSATISFIED with Dr. Byers' care.

One of the best show details One of the best
Apr 12th, 2012

I really felt confident in Dr Byers and would highly recommend him.

Poor bedside manner show details Poor bedside manner
Apr 18th, 2011

This doctor did not come across as friendly at all. He misread the notes I had given the nurse, then started to prescribe an Rx that I didn't need until I corrected him. Considering this was my first visit with him, he just didn't seem very sharp or act like he wanted to be there. Maybe I caught him on a bad day?

Parotid surgery show details Parotid surgery
by Mary Pat Revisky on Jan 5th, 2011

Thanks for such excellent care. I knew I was safe and had no fears about the surgery. You have darn few equals and probably none superior in the field.Happy thoughts and a great year to you and your great staff.

thank you Dr Byers show details thank you Dr Byers
by Adam and Paola on Nov 10th, 2010

Dr Byers removed my tonsils 4 years ago. I had not been sick since then. He also removed my daughters adenoids. Great guy. Thanks for everything Dr Byers

Aug 27th, 2010

Needs to learn how to treat people, specially if you are not feeling well. Needs to learn something call manners and compassion. He is not God's gift to earth.He is getting paid plenty needs to spent a little time with patients.

Nasty office show details Nasty office
Nov 25th, 2009

I called for an appointment & the office receptionist was nasty. They said they were too busy and told me to go another doc. This is after being in the ER the night before for a problem. The ER doc said I needed to see Byers the next day since my primary care is in Intercoastal Medicine. Typical of the attitude at Intercoastal offices. Waste of time.