Dr. Matthew Carmody Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Carmody?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Carmody?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 30th, 2016

Dr. Carmody is an exceptionally wise and sensitive person, a dedicated and empathic physician, a careful and intelligent diagnostician, and a far-sighted therapist. All that, and a capacity for clear communication, a teacher as well as a healer. He understands --and treats-- his patients as complex persons, whose health depends on their psychological and social as well as their physical conditions.

March 11th, 2015

Wonderful, caring, compassionate doctor who is great with discussing and diagnosing symptoms with patients.

January 23rd, 2014

Pinnacle of healthcare providers

Dr. Carmody is, hands-down, the very best that the medical profession can offer. Other reviews have credited Dr. Carmody's wonderful professional attributes, but I find they just don't do enough justice. Healthcare should be about results, but unfortunately the system was not developed that way so many patients feel rushed, overwhelmed and patronized when they have to see a generalist or specialist. Dr. Carmody's demeanor shuns such trends as he approaches each patient (I know because two generations of our family go to him) and every appointment with undivided attention and utter thoughtfulness.

October 11th, 2013

Best doctor experience of my life.

I just met with Dr. Carmody for the first time and I could not be more pleased. I was promptly called in and barely waited at all. I saw the nurse for a few minutes and got a flu shot. Then I met with Dr. Carmody and he was incredible. He introduced himself and began asking questions about how I found him and what my healthy concerns and goals were. He really took the time to listen and then provided great feedback and ideas on some of the things I was looking to do (get in better shape, etc). He asked about family history of health issues, did a thorough exam, and recommended some blood work to check my vitals. I was just so impressed with his demeanor, the amount he listened, and the time he spent with me. It did not feel rushed or anything. I trust his expertise and am so glad he's my doctor!

February 4th, 2013

The best PCP doctor

Dr. Carmody has been my PCP for the last 18 years. I have received excellent care for all this time. He has been always available in case of an urgent office visit. He is very good at listening to my various health problems. I recommend him most highly

November 26th, 2012

Excellent care

Dr Carmody is one of the most knowledgeable and caring primary care physicians. He takes adequate time to listen to concerns, and carefully addresses them one by one. His staff follows up as promised. I have a condition that was difficult to diagnose since little is known about it in the medical community. Dr Carmody was able to review relevant medical information and scientific research and help me with the solution. Truly the kind of healthcare professional who is able to focus on patient needs.

May 29th, 2012

No doctor I've seen has ever been more empathetic, generous and effective

August 24th, 2011

only doctor of his quality can afford such a horrible stuff!!!!

besides the office manager, who is absolutely amazing, talking to ANY other front office girls, not ladies, is a torture - unprofessional; poor, incorrect, gramarless english, unable to understand the simplest questions, constantly trying to get rid of you - only the union keeps them in their jobs!

July 1st, 2010

Amazing doctor!!!

Dr Carmody is a great medical doctor who holistically treats his patients. He listens and if you are being obtuse, he gently probes for more information. He always comes up with the answer-- and if he can't help you himself --he refers you to a an excellent specialist who can. Unfortunately, he isn't accepting new patients, but perhaps you can get in with one of his colleagues.

January 20th, 2010

I'm lucky to have him as my doctor!

Dr. Carmody has an old-fashioned regard for his patients with a very modern knowledge of medicine. He's a great diagnostician and open-minded about treatment options. He is probably the best doctor I've dealt with in my adult life.

October 7th, 2009

Great doc if you have the time

I can see why Dr. Carmody got behind in his schedule. I was just there for a routine physical, and he spent a great deal of time with me. He explained things well and didn't talk down to me.

July 10th, 2009

Good Dr with the worst staff in the business

I'm typically healthy and do not need to see a Dr very often. The last time I saw Dr Carmody was several years ago. His manner and knowledge appeared to be better than average.Since then I tried to schedule a new visit. His staff didn't want to talk to me because I'm not a frequent patient. After explaining to them that he's still my Dr even if I don't see him every month, they stated that it's "been too long" and that he will not see me. They also said that even if he agreed to see me, the next appointment they'd book would be 7 months from now! He's a nice Dr but it's not worth dealing with his staff. He needs to improve the "front-office" of his business. We all deserve to be treated like a humans and not a meal ticket. Hopefully he'll realize how his staff affects his reputation.