Dr. Matthew Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2012
urology appointment
On very short notice, I was able to make an appointment and see Dr. Cohen. During my first visit, he made me feel important and treated my case and attentively listened to each of my symptoms. He then explained to me that due to the severity of some of my symptoms he was going to treat my case aggressively to assure that there was no serious cause for the symptoms. I informed him that I would be going back to college out of state at the end of the month and really appreciated that he was going to cater to my needs. That same day I managed to schedule the CAT scan he ordered. Up to this point I had nothing but praise for Dr. Cohen and his office. Then, despite my efforts to get my results released, after a week of being given the run around from Dr. Cohen, his front desk staff and one of his nurses, I was told I needed to come back in to get my results. I did not understand why I couldn't just be given the results over the phone, as it had already been long passed the deadline promised by his office and they assured me it was to set up a plan of action before I had to leave for school. Upon my return visit, he explained he had just looked at the results that morning (8 days after the cat scan) and there was nothing serious going on with me. Why I had to drive all the way back to his office to receive that information still can not be explained in any way other than he was looking for the additional co pay. After that I switched to another urologist. He then ordered a specific test to be done on my urine despite my records claiming he had already administered the exact same test almost 2 weeks prior. I then struggled with his office again to get the results of that test. As the patient I felt unimportant, mistreated and taken advantage of. I do not recommend this practice or this doctor to anyone despite the fact that he is clearly a talented doctor who possesses more than enough knowledge of medicine to correctly diagnose and treat all the patients that he sees regardless of the specifics of their condition. This was a terrible experience for me and I do not recommend that anyone visits this practice if they are looking for timely results.

June 20th, 2012
In the dictionary under the word doctor, you will find his picture. He is everything a doctor should be.

February 11th, 2010
Truly caring doctor
Caring, bright, professional. Perfect doctor for my problem.

March 23rd, 2016