A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Matthew Shepherd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Matthew Shepherd, General Surgery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Matthew Shepherd, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Shepherd graduated from The University of Toledo.
Dr. Shepherd has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Queen of the Valley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shepherd accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 16 plans
- Premera Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Providence Health Plan - 17 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans