Dr. Matthew Edlund MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 27th, 2016
I really appreciated the time he took to listen to me and how I have been feeling. After so many years of dealing with my issues myself I see a light at the end of the tunnel I know thru hard work and his help I can get there, looking forward to the future.

March 2nd, 2016
Dr.Edlund has written several books. He has been my doctor for years. He's very smart and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs his care. He listens, absorbs what you tell him and gives very good advice. Not only is he a psychiatrist but he's also a MD.

February 22nd, 2016
Great sleep doctor
Very detailed,intelligent and caring doctor. Helped with my sleep problems in a very short time.

August 14th, 2015
Nice to have a person of this caliber in our city.

February 24th, 2015
Very Knowledgeable Physician
When I saw Dr. Edlund last month, I had just been diagnosed by my PCP with hypothyroidism, and I was upset about my diagnosis. Dr. Edlund tried to help me, but I was in a bad mood and I was not receptive to his good suggestions. I wrote a negative review of him, and I would like to retract it. He knows his stuff.

January 26th, 2015
Arrogance Personified!
I would not recommend Dr. Edlund to anyone who has psychological issues. He refused to address my psychological concerns but instead referred me to a psychologist. He disagreed with everything my primary care physician said to me about my medical problems and he came across like a know-it-all. As a former medical editor, I know quite a bit about my own medical issues. I was looking to him for counseling and the counselor in him just wasn't around.

April 25th, 2014
Great Dr and nice person
Dr Edlund has been treating me for many years. I have ongoing diagnoses and will most likely always need care. I find him to be very attentive , one of the best listeners i have met. would highly suggest him. No matter how i am feeling, i always leave his office with a smile from laughing with him.

January 10th, 2014
A Caring Doctor !
Dr. Edlund is very caring. He listens and lets you feel like you have so many avenues to chose from. I have so much respect for his knowledge and experience . We are so fortunate to have someone of his caliber right here in Sarasota .

March 2nd, 2013
The Best
I find Dr. Edlund to be a caring, helpful, a life transforming doctor. He listens and is very patient. His books on sleep have given me a whole new perspective - he is brilliant. Never a wait, always on time. I look forward to our visits! He is witty, calming and one of the finest doctors I've been to.

April 24th, 2012
This is not a genuine psychiatrist!
I have never met a doctor in the business of helping people psychologically, who is such an arrogant, haughty, despotic, narcissistic, delusional, egotistical excuse for a man, I have ever met!! I believe he is only in the business to stroke his ego, inflated by the fact that he "writes books". Don't waste your time or your money on this supposed Doctor. You will be very disappointed!

February 18th, 2011
pathetic
The WORSE doctor ever in Sarasota this is not a joke, he like money, not even kidding he does not even care about you only take about less than 30 min talking with you and he make the follow up like 15 days after each time he is NOW WORTH TRYING. DON'T WAST YOU MONEY.

February 9th, 2010
Dr. Edlund is the best psychiatrist I have used. He is always professional, very caring and accurate in your diagnosis. Overall I have felt better--more stable-- under his care than other doctors. I have never been kept waiting more than 5 minutes for an appointment and that was once.He does not suffer fools lightly; he is small but mighty. I heartily recommend him.