Dr. Matthew Engelbrecht MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 6th, 2016
What happened to the oath you took?
What kind of dr refuses to see a patient who calls in crying & begging to be seen? What kind dr decides he can't help someone he's never met based on previous test results? What kind of dr claims to care about patients yet plays God in deciding on if he will treat them or not? The answer to all 3 questions, Dr Engelbrecht! What happened to the oath you took?

January 19th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. Englebrecht for several years now and have been treated with great professional care. So far he has been honest and has had not been afraid to actually "treat" the diagnosis/symptoms rather than just send me home to "deal with it then best you can" as other neurologists have done. For this my life has been better and I am grateful.

December 3rd, 2014
Dr. Engelbrecht does an amazing job taking care of all his patients. Best Neurologist!

June 7th, 2013
Stay away from this doctor
I called with severe pain as I was already his patient from 2 years for and was told that he could not see me for TWO months.

May 22nd, 2013
Good Doctor.....not so good staff
I would give Dr. Engelbrecht 4 stars if it weren't for a particular staff member named Gretchen, who has done nothing but make getting prescriptions, medical equipment and stuff that I need due to MS difficult to get. She has screwed up my financial assistance, won't fax prescriptions to my pharmacy or fax needed documents to other providers who are helping me obtain a power chair that I need. Gretchen is the worst administrative assistant I've ever experienced.

October 15th, 2011
Jamie Calhoun
Dr. Engelbrecht was my neurologist at UNC-Chapel Hill. I wish all of my doctors were like him.He's very caring. He will take extra time to listen, answer questions and explain things. He shows determination to find out what is wrong and find the best path to treat the problem.Anyone who sees Dr. Engelbrecht is a lucky person. Be honored to have him help you and appreciate him.

August 17th, 2009
UNAVAILABLE
SUPERIOR PHYSICIAN WITH "TOP NOTCH" KNOWLEDGE/INS AND OUTS OF "NEUROLOGY". EXCELLENT BEDSIDE MANNER.