Dr. Matthew Ewend MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 25th, 2016
Impressive in Manner and Performance
I like his willingness to answer questions and the way he follows through following surgery. Also, the bow tie's a nice touch! Seriously, he is clearly an expert practitioner, and I appreciate his efforts on my behalf.

June 6th, 2014
Dr Ewend is great but the nurse navigator is nonexistent afterwards
Dr Ewend performed surgery on our daughters cancerous brain tumor. While he was excellent in explaining the surgery, performing the surgery and post op, he emphasized the "team" approach which would follow her through this horrendous ordeal of chemo etc. The team was to consist of a nurse navigator who could answer questions, order chemo and set up appointments. She is a joke. She doesnt answers questions, she forgot to order the 2nd round of chemo even after 3 days of emails inquiring about it, leaving us feeling as though we are on a deserted island rather than part of a team. Trust Dr Ewend's ability to do surgery but don't look for a team to follow you.

September 12th, 2012
Amazing!
Dr Ewend is a great doctor! His manner completely put me at ease! Facing brain surgery and he has the ability to make you feel completely comfortable! I love that he has a sense of humor too! Always a great thing! Dr Ewend strives for the best and I believe that he is the best! If you have a choice of which neurosurgeon to you go to,choose Dr Ewend!

August 12th, 2012
He didn't listen to me when he was in the room with me. And got rid of me quick and didn't diagnose me at all and sent me back to my physician. He was very cold and barely made any eye contact.

June 4th, 2011
Best Doctor
I would recommend Dr. Ewend to anyone who is facing brain surgery. I had a massive brain tumor that was close to my brain stem and it took him over 7 hours to remove it. He took great care to make sure I knew all of my options and once I decided on have surgery to remove the tumor, he explained the entire process and left me without questions. He spends so much time with you at your appointments and never makes you feel rushed to get out. Dr. Ewend is one of the most friendly doctors I've ever met. I also don't like it when doctors sugar coat things and he managed to be direct about my situation without scaring me to death. Without a doubt, this man saved my life.

January 4th, 2010
ms. nadine cofield
Dr. Ewend is an excellent doctor. I had to be operated on three times for brain tumors and each time he did an excellent job. My follow up care was excellent. I thank Dr. Ewend for saving my life when the local hospital had know idea what was happening to me. Thank you!!!

November 19th, 2009
excellent surgeon
Dr. Ewend is an excellent neurosurgeon. He did a very complex craniotomy on me to remove a lesion near my brainstem. His bedside manner just can't be beat either! I had to wait a while for him on my office visits BUT it is because he never rushes you and spends as much time necessary with you.

July 25th, 2009
Saved my life.
What luck I had when I ended up with Dr. Ewend after having a seizure at work one night last august. It was my good fortune that my local hospital didn't have the ability to treat my brain tumor, to get the 3 hour ambulance ride that saved me. I'll be forever grateful to him and his staff, as I wasn't the best patient to be around! He's very forthcoming with the important info you need to stay alive.

July 13th, 2009
Great Dr.
Dr. Ewend saved my eyesight and fixed my brain