A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Matthew Friederichs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Matthew Friederichs is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Matthew Friederichs, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- He specializes in sports medicine with a special interest in shoulders and knees. He recently completed fellowship training in Sports Medicine at the University of Utah.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Friederichs graduated from University of North Dakota , Grand Forks. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Friederichs has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Union Hospital - CAH
- Meritcare Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Friederichs accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota - 38 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Matthew G. Friederichs practice?
Dr. Matthew Friederichs practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Fargo, ND.
Additional practice locations include: Wahpeton, ND.
See Fargo Orthopedic Surgeons, Fargo Surgeons, Fargo Emergency Physicians, Fargo Sports Medicine Doctors, and Fargo Family Physicians.