Dr. Matthew Gambee MD Patient Reviews

2.1
  • 19 reviews

September 21st, 2016

May 29th, 2016
This was the worst experience with a healthcare professional that I have ever had. He was completely disinterested in my symptoms, wouldn't engage in any discussions around these symptoms, and offered no feedback towards a remedy. His diagnosis took less than 2 minutes, he discounted all input I gave him, and his solution was to send me out for xrays and follow up MRI just to potentially rule ourt issues that were not presenting themselves. Do not use Dr. Gambee if your idea of a care involves engagement with a Dr. to actively discover, diagnosis and provide a solution to your issue.

February 24th, 2016
Knowledgeable, professional.

February 1st, 2016
Terrible, gender and body type prejudice, diagnosed, after back surgery, saying I had hip bursitis. Physical therapy was fantastic but since he said just hip bursitis problems they couldn't accurately help from back surgery due to his inaccurate diagnoses. In the following 5 yrs I had 3 other back surgeries. I would never recommend him to anyone.

July 4th, 2015
arrogant and condescending
I went to dr. Gamble at rebound in Vancouver. Despite my excruciating pain, he told me I was a healthy person and then proceeded to accuse me of being a pill popper! I was asking for a procedure not pills. I switched dr.s and received the appropriate procedures promptly. Never again.

June 18th, 2015
Wait a minute...it isn't just me...
He actually seemed to have some knowledge and theories about my pain, and sent me for an immediate xray, which was helpful. That's the positive. But he heard an answer I gave him incorrectly and then snapped at me when I contradicted him. I may have a chip on my shoulder, thinking that as a middle aged woman I will be trivialized by professionals, but by golly, I'm highly intelligent and the way he dismissed some of what I said was insulting. I'm facing some major medical intervention, and my first experience with him has me anxious and angry.

March 7th, 2015
I saw Dr. Gambee about 10 years ago for a nerve conduction test for carpal tunnel. He kept turning the electricity up to what I felt was "torturous levels" , kept shocking me again and again saying, "Wow. I've never seen THAT before." That is why I was admittedly shocked when I saw he was a "pain management" doctor. He seemed to me to be more interested in causing pain than he was alleviating it. NOT recommended!

February 3rd, 2015
Do not see him for any pain management because he doesn't care about the pain you are experiencing.

October 25th, 2014
Useless
Less than useless. Rude, unprofessional, does not listen, and does not care. Decided what I needed before hearing symptoms, dismissed my questions, would not discuss my symptoms, gave me no options, and said that the problem did not exist. Told me I don't need a second opinion. Asked inappropriate, irrelevant questions, and called me HONEY in a condescending way over and over.

August 18th, 2014
I had a very disappointing appointment with this so-called Doctor. Not one person I have spoken to in this city has a good thing to say about him. My advice is not to see him for pain management.

April 11th, 2014
Terrible exam
I saw Dr. Gambee and he gave me a terrible exam. I was experiencing some bad and chronic back pain along with pelvis pain. He would not listen to how I was injured and barely manipulated me. He totally misdiagnosed me of having a hip problem and after changing providers a fractured and degenerative back was found. My whole rebound experience was disappointing, all three doctors had terrible bedside manner and they did not put the effort in to find my problem. I had better luck in Portland.

July 23rd, 2013
can't believe he's still in practice
This is yet another review page that shows the unprofessional conduct of Dr. Gambee; the impact of a medical professional in his specialty can forever impact a persons trust in the medical feild. Dr. Gambee lack some of the most basic listening, social, communication and medical skills that you find in most first year residents. He continually makes medication mistakes. Anyone interested in a joint effort that encourages Dr. Gambee to face and be accountable for the detriment he has caused others should look on craigslist; he needs a notch or two taken out of his overinflated ego; as most of us know, any attempt to engage in participatory medical with him or discuss his 'communication style'; instead of even hearing a person, he turns it around on them; Rebound is taking major lawsuit risks keeping this professional under wing....their facility&staff are great-gambee himself ruins the facility