Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Spine, Neuromuscular Disease and Sports Medicine
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Useless  |  show details
by NK on Oct 25th, 2014

Less than useless. Rude, unprofessional, does not listen, and does not care. Decided what I needed before hearing symptoms, dismissed my questions, would not discuss my symptoms, gave me no options, and said that the problem did not exist. Told me I don't need a second opinion. Asked inappropriate, irrelevant questions, and called me HONEY in a condescending way over and over.

Aug 18th, 2014

I had a very disappointing appointment with this so-called Doctor. Not one person I have spoken to in this city has a good thing to say about him. My advice is not to see him for pain management.

|  Terrible exam  |  show details
by Steve B on Apr 11th, 2014

I saw Dr. Gambee and he gave me a terrible exam. I was experiencing some bad and chronic back pain along with pelvis pain. He would not listen to how I was injured and barely manipulated me. He totally misdiagnosed me of having a hip problem and after changing providers a fractured and degenerative back was found. My whole rebound experience was disappointing, all three doctors had terrible bedside manner and they did not put the effort in to find my problem. I had better luck in Portland.

|  same in life  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

He is a dumbass in real life, too. Had to endure him as a fellow parent in school. Maybe social media will have an impact on his lacking of humanistic qualities.

|  can't believe he's still in practice  |  show details
by anothergambeevictim on Jul 23rd, 2013

This is yet another review page that shows the unprofessional conduct of Dr. Gambee; the impact of a medical professional in his specialty can forever impact a persons trust in the medical feild. Dr. Gambee lack some of the most basic listening, social, communication and medical skills that you find in most first year residents. He continually makes medication mistakes. Anyone interested in a joint effort that encourages Dr. Gambee to face and be accountable for the detriment he has caused others should look on craigslist; he needs a notch or two taken out of his overinflated ego; as most of us know, any attempt to engage in participatory medical with him or discuss his 'communication style'; instead of even hearing a person, he turns it around on them; Rebound is taking major lawsuit risks keeping this professional under wing....their facility&staff are great-gambee himself ruins the facility

|  No wonder it was easy to get an appointment.  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2013

Went to Dr. Gambee for pain in clavical and shoulder area. Had me go for an MRI that didn't even cover the clavical area which had an obvious protrusion. Sent me for a KAT scan which showed deterioration of clavical bone and didn't have an answer so I had a biopsy done. No clear result and waste of time. Did research on my own and self diagnosed a very common disease called costochondritis that fit me to a T, If Dr. Gambee has been in practice for 30 years you would think he would have come across this at least once since it is very common. That's not even the worst of it. He know I had high blood pressure and put me on Naproxen to reduce the swelling on my collar bone. My normal b.p. is about 160/70. After being on Naproxen for about a month I went in for the biopsy where they took my blood pressure. 244/90. The Naproxen pills are basically sodium, the worst thing for someone with high blood pressure. When he called me with the biopsy results he didn't acknowledge or apologize for his mistake. Glad and surprised I didn't have a stroke or heart attack. Now he wants to send me to a shoulder specialist. I think I'll pass.

|  Uncaring and Rude  |  show details
by Deanna Skola on May 14th, 2013

Uncaring and Rude. not helpful, Need I say more, Don"t go to this so called "professional."

|  Very own profisonal  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

Visit date 4/30/2012So called Dr Gambee very own profession with manageny my care and treating me for the conditions that my doctor refered me to him which are back pain,shoulder,neck,he was not able to read the MRI which should several injurys his lack of detail information and unable to answer question, if you come across this Matthew Gambee you should refuse to late him treat you.

|  unwilling to work with pain if also have PTSD  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Once he found out that I had PTSD, he refused to see me anymore. Told me that I should see a psychiatrist. Actually the psychiatrist wanted me to get some help for physical pain because interfering with my sleep. Apparently, he had worked in the past with VA vets with PTSD and thought their mental health to be hopeless. As a result, refused to treat me and also refused to allow me to see anyone else there.

Feb 10th, 2011

Yes, I would recommend him. I've seen him three times for the same problem and only on one occas he was a bit rushed and I wasn't able to explain my problem adequately. That was the F/U apt after my first treatment.

Dec 14th, 2010

He acted like he was disapointed because I didnt' need surgery... He was pretty much done with me and my pain once he concluded that.

|  Arrogant God Complex  |  show details
by because I am still getting treatment at Rebound (NOT with Gambee) I'd rather not say on Oct 26th, 2010

I took my mother to see Dr. Gambee. She has had multiple fusions in her neck and has recently been experiencing extreme pain in her neck, back and arms along with numbness. Last year when she saw this man (she went by herself) he attributed her pain to her RING she was wearing on her finger. Seriously, he even put it in her charts. When we saw him yet again for the same issues, he brought up the ring, asking her if she was still wearing it. Whenever we asked him a question, he would snap back as if we were bothering him, or he just wouldn't answer at all. I have never experienced such a horrible bedside manner. I am in the medical profession and I have never in all of my years come across a person with such an ego, such a lack of compassion for a patient in pain, or such an uninterested persona in the chart he has in front of him. I have personal experience with Rebound and they have been nothing short of stellar. For somebody to come in with a real problem, a person who is in true pain, and have THIS be their first experience with this facility, I would be embarassed and ashamed for everyone affiliated!

|  Worst Doctor on the Planet  |  show details
by Joe on Jun 14th, 2009

I was referred to Gambee by my primary care doctor and I was waiting in the little room they put you in and he barged in without knocking and looks at me yells Im not giving you anymore pain medication and you can go find another doctor? I have never seen this man before this day and I told him you must have me confused with someone else and he starts in saying that my only problem is that Im obese ( Im 6ft 2 tall and weight 250lbs with large muscles and frame) and I need to exercise. I told asked him again could you please look at my file because you have me confused with someone else and he finally started looking into my file and then he tells me I need take Tylenol and theres nothing wrong with me. I went back and told my primary care doctor about the incident and he said that Dr. Gambee has a poor bedside manor sometimes (I think the man needs to see doctors himself! Psychiatric help is in order and that is my prescription to you Doctor Gambee) and there are a lot of people that dont get along with him. My doctor referred me to another doctor and it turned out that I had a bulging disc and pinched nerves that required surgery to fix and Dr. Gambee wanted to treat me with Tylenol? How many other people are out there that he has done this to? When youre in pain and suffering you need a doctor that cares and can treat your problems not an arrogant unhappy little man that thinks hes god. If you get referred to Dr. Gambee be very careful or just ask you primary care physician for another doctor.Thank you,Joe

|  this guy is a JERK!  |  show details
by unhappy patient! on Oct 28th, 2008

Dr. Gambee does not even deserve to be called a doctor, he is so arrogant he should be a car salesman. He just comes storming into the exam room does not even knock to see if you are dressed or not, doesn't act like he cares a darn about your pain, your injury or anything. I can't believe he even has any patients left after his continuous poor attitude and lack of bedside manner, etc! Don't waste your time seeing him, go somewhere else!