Dr. Matthew Garrett MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Dayton, OH

3.6

October 22nd, 2016
My appointment with Dr. Garrett went very poorly. His bedside manner is lacking; he is curt and very full of himself. As a result, I've made a different appointment with a different ENT specialist who I hope will be interested in helping me get to the bottom of my chronic post nasal drip.

October 14th, 2016
Excellent bedside manner. Great surgeon

September 8th, 2016
LPR?
I was diagnosed with LPR, but continued to complain of swallowing difficulties despite a complete lifestyle change and taking prescribed meds. This doc told me there was nothing more he could do for me and to see my primary care doc to help me w/stress b/c that was causing my swallowing disorder. Went out of state and, sure enough, I have an esophogeal motility disorder. It's awful to be told it's all in your head when I knew something was really wrong. He was wrong and condescending telling me it was caused by anxiety. The least he could have done was to suggest more testing with another doctor. Thank God I've found a doctor who believed me. More tests to come .

February 8th, 2016
thyroid cancer
i had a gland on my neck that he biopsied and then told me i didnt have cancer.. let it go because i thought it was harmless until it started bothering me.. got it removed and without being told he removed half of my thyroid that ended up having cancer and so i had to go back and get the other half removed.. so after 2 surgeries and a biopsy.. im now having to go to the emergency room because he refuses to change my medication or do any adjustments or further tests all because my levels seem to be normal..

January 28th, 2016
Very knowledgable. Excellent bedside manner. Had no pain with my thyroid surgery

January 25th, 2015
Excellent experience with my thyroid operation. Would highly recommend.

March 16th, 2014
Visited after our family doctor said our daughter had another ear infection, Dr Garrett said there was no infection/fluid, yet the next day my daughters ear drum burst. Very disappointed.