Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
He is the best doctor we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. show details He is the best doctor we have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
by The Reiche's on Jul 19th, 2015

He is straight forward and tells it like it is. No sugar coating and you may not like his tactics but he is the best!!!! Only have the highest regards for him.

Jul 13th, 2015

This Man doesn't deserve to still have his medical license, he is Arrogant, and thinks he's God! Unfortunately he changed a lot over the years and I be developed the GOD SYNDROME! Good Surgeons will always put their patients first no matter the outcome or how it looks, Dr Gornet cares nothing about the patients only what it will do or look like to his Study or Research!!! I know first hand!! I was one that he messed up on big but swept aside to die and left to other Drs to care for(thank God for a WONDERFUL SURGEON) or I wouldn't have made it, and it was ALL RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!! He knew! Then took it even further and paid off Attorneys so not only did I about loose my life, can't wor and he even got off financially( like he can't afford it) Everyone Please Be careful

Apr 30th, 2015

Great!! Dr.

Never Again .. show details Never Again ..
Feb 5th, 2015

I was sent to him through my attorney can I book after having a car accident and suffering from severe neck and lower back pains. there is absolutely no way I would recommend him for anybody because for my first visit I spent 4 hours in his office only to see him for about 5 minutes then sent out to get testing done had one prescription give into me that lasted me for only one week and his recommendation was to set up a future appointment for two months down the road. because his office wouldn't returned any of my phone calls after my prescription ran out I had to resort to going to an urgent care to refill my steroid prescription and also get any anti inflammatory for the pain in my neck. I had to beg his office for 2 weeks to help me and my pain and finally he referred me to pain management for an injection in my neck but still refused to consider taking any action with my lower back. I tried contacting their office for 3 days straight and never received a response so then I resorted to calling my lawyer to see if they could get a hold of him and I never got a response from them either. the staff in his office is a joke. they need to learn how to have more compassion when it comes to dealing with patients in pain. over the phone by one of his nurses I was told that I needed to understand that my phone call messages were taken down for the past 3 days and Dr gornet would answer them when he got to them. and in that 3 days time that I was trying to get a hold of this doctor I miss 3 days of work because I could not move from lower back pain. it took me going to see a compassionate doctor at a foreign ERto get anything done with my lower back. I wouldn't even suggest this physician to my worst enemy. I definitely do not feel like a patient in his office, I felt more like he was there to get a paycheck.

by Al Ki Da on Dec 26th, 2014

He loves to pray. Bills almost 1/2 mil. I need tp pray.,,,,,

Dec 15th, 2014

felt like I was a Work Comp case rather than a patient. the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself is get hurt while on the job- it's nothing less than a curse. DrGornet will assess you in terms of his own cost and benefits, guaranteed. I've never felt so unimportant or disregarded as a patient, especially by a Specialist. believe me, it's not a good feeling. Even if he could be a great surgeon in the operating room, I think we all know there is so much more to patient care, and the staff support is So disconnected and lacking in every way

Nov 2nd, 2014

He is a complete joke. He lied about a complication after surgery he knew existed it showed up clearly on same xray film when taken to another Dr. He charted things that were never said to me when I read them when I got copies of records. I dont know how he can sleep at night. He says hes a christian and even prayed with me. He straight up.lied because he thought he could cover it up. I dont know how he lives with himself treating patients like that. DO NOT GO TO HIM.IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE!!!!

Impression show details Impression
Jul 31st, 2014

total jerk, way overrated,very arrogant, works for plaintiff attorney's, and device industries, overcharges for his services. Conflict of interests allover.

Jun 10th, 2014

Wow

Class A Jerk show details Class A Jerk
by JD on Feb 25th, 2014

I was at his office for over four hours and he only spent 15 minutes talking with me. This guy is so full of himself. I almost feel sorry for him. I'm not sure how he manages to keep staff. I've seen quite a few doctors but he is at the top of the jerk list…I don't care if he is good or not.

Feb 11th, 2014

shame on you Dr G! always putting issues of insurance , research outcomes and legal counsel before what's best for the patient. it's as if he's lost his way.

by Kevin on Jan 18th, 2014

Won't go back

by M Ziaee on Oct 27th, 2013

He is the best in st louis i search for 6 month till i chose him i recomand him to every one who have complicated surgery

HORRIBLE! show details HORRIBLE!
Oct 8th, 2013

Wait time at his office was over three hours, then back in the waiting room another hour before he came in. Then he sits there and acts like he is better than you and too good for your time. I wouldn't recommend him to ANYONE.....

by Maryam Ziaee on Sep 23rd, 2013

He is the best surgen in st louis i am so lucky to find him

Great Doctor - Lousy Billing Staff - Cost him a patinet show details Great Doctor - Lousy Billing Staff - Cost him a patinet
Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr Gornett is a great doctor and would be my choice for a surgeon; however, his office is not covered by my insurance network. Because he is out of network, i had a rather large bill for the 2 apts I had with him. The Billing Department is absolutely horrid. I received a bill, left 2 message to set up a payment schedule, never received a call back, then I get a letter saying my accoutn was being sent to collections. I finally spoke to a gentleman and we agreed to $50.00 a month, the first payment would be an auto pay and the rest i would send in with the monthly statement. However, the billing department continued to do an autopay and cash my check, so I paid a 100.00 one month. I called and left a message for the billing department 2 days in a row and followed up with an email - no response. Then the next month they auto deducted 30.00 payment and then a couple of days later a 20.00 payment. Then I get my paper statement showing my account balance of 56 and some change. I wrote a check and mailed it. Then i saw a 50.00 auto-deduction. I called and left yet another message with the billing department and did not hear back. I finally called the doctors line and told them what happened and she put me back in touch with the guy that was helpfully in the beginning. He saw all the activity i explained apologized and promised to mail my check back. However, i will not go back to Dr. Gornet as long as he is at The Orthopedic Center of St Louis as their billing department is incompetant.

by Mary on May 26th, 2013

Nothing good to say............

Apr 3rd, 2013

i went there because on paper he appears to be the best choice for spinal revision surgery,,,but the patient care is not worth however good his reputation as a surgery may be.. you are treated like less than a number..no apologies for 3 hour wait, his staff do Not return calls, so you end up feeling like all of your questions and health concerns are unimportant. and honestly, when he sees over 50 patients a day, any individual is not important. i wouldnt send a loved one there if you want tthem o feel like anyone gives a hoot...there are MANY other surgeons in the area who have the staff support to give a patient all around support and care==many others==keep looking.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Discredit to Profession show details Discredit to Profession
by L B H on Mar 25th, 2013

I have same thoughts and concerns as other reviewers.

Good Dr - Wouldnt know show details Good Dr - Wouldnt know
by kathy on Mar 6th, 2013

My husband seen this man 3 times in 9 months. Each time it was the same thing. We will see how you feel in 3 months. Took us 6 months to get a test done, after he rescheduled it 4 times. Two of which were the day before the procedure. Test showed according to him there is nothing that he can do. No recommindations, no further visit needed, deal with the pain, on your own, nothing we can do. "Guys like us dont get disability though, so you will just have to work with the pain" The "GOOD" DR. did nothing. 9 months of wasted time and money.

Feb 28th, 2013

Almost exactly the same impression as the reviewer prior-- His first questions were about attorney, work comp, insurance limitations, etc. It seemed as if he was uninterested in the case for those reasons-- too bad they can't tell you that up front before wasting months in pain to see him/// and his staff are literally cold as ice, seemingly not a happy work environment(((( Go somewhere else

Oct 1st, 2012

DR. Gornet was more concerned with weather my case was work related than he was with me. It was a three hour wait every time I went to see him. Then it was come back in three months and we'll see how you feel. When I had to go to the emergency room for pain I called his office they told me to wait for my next apointment. My next apointment was over a month away. I contacted the Laser spine institute and had surgery the day of my apointment with Dr. Gornet.There was no waiting time to see a doctor or have a test everything was done in a timely manner. And the people I delt with were concerned with me and not why I was in pain.They did a great job and I feel great. Laser spine institute 1-866-977-7463

Marcu show details Marcu
Sep 15th, 2012

my legal counsel sent me here. Several docs said I did not need surgery. This doc said I need several surgeries. I should of listened to the first opinions.

Laborer show details Laborer
Aug 5th, 2012

Dr. Gornet did a fusion on my low back 2008Everything went well. Would recommend him to anyone whoneeds surgery. Paula great too. Rick

Great Bedside manner and explains options well ! show details Great Bedside manner and explains options well !
May 8th, 2012

Good man - Great surgeon, but not "knife happy" !

'General show details 'General
Jan 20th, 2012

What a great Dr.

Dec 26th, 2011

Serious Jerk after gets a fat payday. When no opportunity for more cash, kicks you to curb.

Dec 23rd, 2011

Sure you may only wait in the waiting room for about an hour but then you get put back in an exam room and wait another two hours they come in like a pack of wild animals ask a couple questions leave and then you wait another three hours for a grand total of maybe 15 minutes of this guys time!!!

Nov 25th, 2011

The comments reflect a guy that has real problems. Mandarin Club???

Oct 20th, 2011

Dr. gornet did my back surgery. I am 1 1/2 years post op . The surgery did not help , but made my condition worse . I am upset with him passing the blame , on the pain being a mental issue , instead of , addressing the physical pain, that he left me in . My pain is from my body , not my head . I have had bowel /bladder problems since my work related injury . He was told numerous times about it by me , and he never one time , addressed it. He documented falsely , that he asked me about it during my initial visit , and I allegedly told him that I was not having those kinds of problems . I jumped his butt about it , and told him that in addition to all my pain , I was having a lot of bowel/bladder accidents . He was told this by me , and he did not have to ask me , and his report stated that he did . Now , a year and a half later , and released by him with restrictions , I am in worse condition , than I started out . I have been having more sharp pains since the l5 / s1 fusion , as well as a lot more falls , and they have been increasing weekly . After the surgery , and him saying that it's a mental thing , is just a cop out to me . I believe that , he doesn't want to admit that , he can't fix , my body . All I have ever asked for , is the truth , and I feel that , I was passed on like a lab rat . This isn't what I expected from a reputable surgeon .

Gave me my life BACK! show details Gave me my life BACK!
Sep 15th, 2011

I met Dr Gornet in 2003 while having intense pain in my legs caused by a ruptured lumbar disc. Dr Gornet and his PA (Paula) were very detailed in their explanation of cause and treatment expected results. Very professional and courteous individuals. Post op results were as expected (pain free) and recovery was amazing. I returned to desk work activities in two weeks! Since my first surgery, I have had a disc replacement due to the condition of the L4-5 disc. This was explained by Dr Gornet after the initial surgery. Same post op results...I am in my late 50's and have a better BACK now than I had in my 30's. I have recommended Dr G and staff to many people and they have had similar results, all good. For those with NEGATIVE comments, you probabaly told him what you wanted and did not want to follow his recommendations. As for polite, courteous, professional care...this group is second to none!

thinks hes god show details thinks hes god
Sep 1st, 2011

this "surgeon" if thats what you want to call him, doesnt care about anyone but himself, once he gets what he wants he could care less if you live or die!i know because i almost did die resulting from his work! he should be ashamed of himself and they way he is treating people.wonder how he can sleep at night sending people away after knowing there is a terrible problem!anytime i hear of someone looking for a back or neck dr i make sure to steer them clear of this "man"

Got his checks, and now what afterwards. show details Got his checks, and now what afterwards.
Apr 26th, 2011

6 hours in office first day. Started thinking crap, he must be good. After a 2nd opinion went ahead and had surgery.After 2nd follow up appointment, it was obvious things had changed. Would not answer questions and was very short. Went to 2nd orthopedic surgeon to find out what my new problems were about.At least 4 sympathetic nerves had been severed during surgery = belly pain, leg pain, hold spots on belly, back and leg.When he thought it was time to be sent back to work, told nothing wrong, deal with it. He has no spine with Insurance Company after he gets the Big Surgery pay day. Seams like he goes to work for the Insurance Carrier after Surgery.Awaiting for 2 year point post disc replacement, so I can have Spinal fusion and reconstruction to fix problems created by TDR with Gornet.Lowest rating due to failure to examine me 8 months post surgery, due to multiple issues. I specifically asked for exam before being returned to work.Office staff pretty good to deal with. Paula was the bad apple in the office, the rest of support staff was A- to B

by Kathy, Illinois on Apr 21st, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Gornet to anyone with back or neck problems. He has excellent bedside manners and explains everything to you. He did my neck surgery, total disc replacement, and I feel great! We need more doctors like him, he's very caring.The time you spend waiting in the waiting room is well worth the care you receive. He is a very busy doctor for a reason!

Only Doc I have ever really liked and trusted 100% show details Only Doc I have ever really liked and trusted 100%
Nov 17th, 2010

I have been looking at a few neg comments on here and have to wonder since I have been attending appointments with my wife for over a year. This man is #1 Doc and would recommend to anyone dealing with back pain. I could see how some neg comments could be posted from possible patients that just went there for meds. He doesn't just cover up pain with meds and from hearing him explain why it makes sense. So if youre just trying to get some pain meds dont go. Doc Gornet isn't a doctor that will give you pills and send you on your way he fixes the issue. If you want to know what's wrong and get it to go away go to him. He always listened to our problems and issues. The wait is sometimes long but we would rather wait extra long for a great doctor if need be.

He is amazing! He has changed my life! show details He is amazing! He has changed my life!
Nov 13th, 2010

In the 90's, I paid out of network fees for a back fusion surgery so I could get treatment from a spine doctor who was supposed to be the best. After surgery by Dr. "X", I got a little better but quickly got progressively worse. When I told Dr. X about my symptoms, he told me I was fine without ever running any tests on me! I got to the point where I could not stand in line at the grocery store or walk up and down the aisles without sitting down! Even rolling over in bed hurt. So I finally went to Dr. Gornet. He got a Cat scan on me and explained that my first surgery had never actually healed. I was terrified of having another surgery but had to do something. Well thank goodness I did! Not only did I get better very quickly after Dr. Gornet operated on me but the surgery didn't even hurt as much as the first one. I can now take walks! I highly recommend Dr. Gornet.

Apr 29th, 2010

Dr Gornet is a brilliant surgeon and even better person. I wouldn't let anyone else work on my back.

This guys is a first class jerk!!! show details This guys is a first class jerk!!!
Apr 27th, 2010

I was at Mandarin Night Club and had a private booth next to this guy. He was so intoxicated that he kept standing over in my booth and bumping into me and my friends. I politely asked him to please stay in his area and he proceeded to yell at me well "what do you do?" I'm a spine surgeon and I make $8,000,000 a year. This is not a joke. I couldn't believe how conceited he was especially since he was trying to be like imitate Charlie Sheen and his bowling shirts.

TERRIBLE show details TERRIBLE
by Melissa Gippo on Apr 14th, 2010

Just ball up your money and throw it at him. That's all this jerk wants anyway. If your case isn't lucrative enough for him, YOU DON'T EXIST.

Worse than before surgery! show details Worse than before surgery!
Oct 8th, 2009

he did a surgery on me that since then I have learned that it is totally contraindicated in a patient with osteoporosis and he knew i had severe osteoporosis placed the metal in me anyway now my spine is fracturing around it,

Jan 28th, 2009

You have to wait forever for an appointment, staff never returns the patient calls. He doesn't listen to the patient. He's very short with you, and never gives the patient options.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse