Dr. Matthew Gornet MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 17th, 2016
He is a good surgeon, but did not tell me the surgery I was having was experimental, and I only found out it was not FDA approved from my insurance company. He also is fairly pushy about getting patients to participate in clinical studies , and the wait time is completely ridiculous - literally at least 3 hours on multiple occasions, even when the appointment is scheduled for soon after the office opens.

April 18th, 2016
Fixed me when others wanted to hack away. Saved my life. Trust him 100%

October 21st, 2015
was wonderful used him for disc replacement

October 6th, 2015
Nursing staff is great. Reception not so much. Love the Dr.

July 19th, 2015
He is the best doctor we have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
He is straight forward and tells it like it is. No sugar coating and you may not like his tactics but he is the best!!!! Only have the highest regards for him.

July 13th, 2015
This Man doesn't deserve to still have his medical license, he is Arrogant, and thinks he's God! Unfortunately he changed a lot over the years and I be developed the GOD SYNDROME! Good Surgeons will always put their patients first no matter the outcome or how it looks, Dr Gornet cares nothing about the patients only what it will do or look like to his Study or Research!!! I know first hand!! I was one that he messed up on big but swept aside to die and left to other Drs to care for(thank God for a WONDERFUL SURGEON) or I wouldn't have made it, and it was ALL RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!! He knew! Then took it even further and paid off Attorneys so not only did I about loose my life, can't wor and he even got off financially( like he can't afford it) Everyone Please Be careful

April 30th, 2015
Great!! Dr.

February 5th, 2015
Never Again ..
I was sent to him through my attorney can I book after having a car accident and suffering from severe neck and lower back pains. there is absolutely no way I would recommend him for anybody because for my first visit I spent 4 hours in his office only to see him for about 5 minutes then sent out to get testing done had one prescription give into me that lasted me for only one week and his recommendation was to set up a future appointment for two months down the road. because his office wouldn't returned any of my phone calls after my prescription ran out I had to resort to going to an urgent care to refill my steroid prescription and also get any anti inflammatory for the pain in my neck. I had to beg his office for 2 weeks to help me and my pain and finally he referred me to pain management for an injection in my neck but still refused to consider taking any action with my lower back. I tried contacting their office for 3 days straight and never received a response so then I resorted to calling my lawyer to see if they could get a hold of him and I never got a response from them either. the staff in his office is a joke. they need to learn how to have more compassion when it comes to dealing with patients in pain. over the phone by one of his nurses I was told that I needed to understand that my phone call messages were taken down for the past 3 days and Dr gornet would answer them when he got to them. and in that 3 days time that I was trying to get a hold of this doctor I miss 3 days of work because I could not move from lower back pain. it took me going to see a compassionate doctor at a foreign ERto get anything done with my lower back. I wouldn't even suggest this physician to my worst enemy. I definitely do not feel like a patient in his office, I felt more like he was there to get a paycheck.

December 26th, 2014
He loves to pray. Bills almost 1/2 mil. I need tp pray.,,,,,

December 15th, 2014
felt like I was a Work Comp case rather than a patient. the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself is get hurt while on the job- it's nothing less than a curse. DrGornet will assess you in terms of his own cost and benefits, guaranteed. I've never felt so unimportant or disregarded as a patient, especially by a Specialist. believe me, it's not a good feeling. Even if he could be a great surgeon in the operating room, I think we all know there is so much more to patient care, and the staff support is So disconnected and lacking in every way

November 2nd, 2014
He is a complete joke. He lied about a complication after surgery he knew existed it showed up clearly on same xray film when taken to another Dr. He charted things that were never said to me when I read them when I got copies of records. I dont know how he can sleep at night. He says hes a christian and even prayed with me. He straight up.lied because he thought he could cover it up. I dont know how he lives with himself treating patients like that. DO NOT GO TO HIM.IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE!!!!

July 31st, 2014
Impression
total jerk, way overrated,very arrogant, works for plaintiff attorney's, and device industries, overcharges for his services. Conflict of interests allover.