Dr. Matthew Hammons Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Hammons?

Do not use

Posted on March 21st, 2017

I had surgery for upper blepharoplasty and ptosis repair. My eyelids were puffy and uneven. During surgery he began to cut into my eyelid without it being numb. I yelled from intense pain and he said "there's no need for that". Which was very frustrating, who wouldn't yell from that intense of a pain???? 9 months after surgery my eyelids look terribly uneven. People stare at my crooked small eye everywhere I go!! and the rude will come t about my eye. Yet Dr hammons just can't see anything wrong with it. No refund. No second surgery as promised if the first didn't work. Incredible...

Hindsight is 20/20

Posted on June 29th, 2016

I had a very similar experience to the previous reviewer. I had two surgeries to correct asymmetry in my upper eyelids that I had been self-conscious about for as long as I can remember. Dr. Hammons seemed knowledgeable about my condition so I decided to go with him for the surgery. He did a ptosis repair on my left eyelid and a bleph on both uppers. Too much skin was removed above the left eyelid making the crease extremely higher than the right. When I expressed my concern after the first surgery, he said he thought my results were good, but I'm not being dramatic when I say it looks way worse than it did to begin with. He did a second surgery to correct the ptosis but it didn't make a difference. I wish now that he would not have done the bleph on the left, but how was I to know? I trusted his professional opinion. I am upset over the amount of hard-earned money I lost and the time I have taken off work etc, but so depressed about the way it looks now more than anything else. I would like to seek out another doctor's opinion but I'm not very hopeful that anything can be done about it at this point.

Posted on July 9th, 2015

Not happy with results i now have one eyelid more hollow than other also crease is a little higher stuck with it not fixable unless i risk worse outcome ....uggh! My poor family has had to hear me complain and be depressed for it over a year now, im learning to live with it thou !! Eyelids dont match , i expressed this to him several times and he acted like they were fine. 2 other drs even noticed it but said it was a hard fix!

DCR

Posted on February 5th, 2015

2 unsuccessful dcr surgeries with this dr and he could care less..eye is worse than before

Professional, Personable, Great Results

Posted on October 1st, 2014

Dr. Hammons performed surgery for drooping skin above the eyes on my husband. It had reached a point that it was really uncomfortable for him and obstructing his vision. Dr. Hammons explained the procedure thoroughly, the surgery day went just as outlined, and the results were great. There was minimal discomfort and Dr. Hammons has followed to ensure the sucess of the procedure. We could not have asked for better treatment, a nicer, more professional physician, a more pleasant staff or a better outcome.

Patient from Abilene, Texas

Posted on June 4th, 2014

Recently, Dr. Hammons did my upper eyelids. I am so very pleased with the results. I kept asking myself, are my eyelids really bad enough to do surgery. I am extremely glad that I did it. What a difference it has made in the way I see things, read, watch TV and it doesn't hurt that it makes me look younger. Thank you, Dr. Hammons, for your help.

Posted on November 6th, 2012

Dr. Hammons has been caring and professional at each visit.At the time of my surgery he took time to talk with me and my family regarding the outcome. This Dr. really LISTENS to your problems, and is genuinely a nice guy. His skills are topnotch. He created an eyelid for my right eye to replace the cancerous one he had to remove I would recommend him to friends and family.

Lacking full details of charges.

Posted on October 12th, 2012

Outstanding surgeon

Posted on April 19th, 2011

Dr. Hammons proved to be an excellent listener. He did not try to sell me on things that I was not interested in. As a result, I have an outstanding outcome for my eyelid surgery and am very happy!

Remarkable Result!!!!

Posted on March 17th, 2011

Very happy with results from my surgeries with Dr. Hammons!! Went to see him for my awefully heavy eyelids, top and bottom ones. My eyes were constantly red and runny, I could barely see to read my paper. In one surgey he lifted up my eyelids, tightened up the bottom ones to help with the water in my eyes. Dr Hammons has helped me so much my other eye doctor says they are healthier and my vision is "2 lines better" since the procedure. My husband and I highly recommend him.

choose someone else.

Posted on October 28th, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor for ophthalmic plastic surgery. I had lower eyelid (blepharoplasty) surgery performed by this doctor and the results were horrible. I still have big bags under my eyes and they are not symmetrical. The bags under my left eye are much larger than under the right eye. I looked just as well before the surgery. Also, during a routine eye exam a few months after my blepharoplasty surgery, it was discovered that the retina of my left eye was torn.

Posted on October 27th, 2017