Dr. Matthew Harrison Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2013

Excellent diagnostician

I saw Dr. Harrison for long-standing back pain resulting from vehicle accident, deterioration and now age. Dr. H. spent at least 45 minutes w/me on three occasions. He identified carpal tunnel syndrome on both wrists and did testing to verify it. I am so happy to have been sent to a good surgeon who relieved my symptoms and I now have pain-free hands. Physiatrists should be the first doctor one sees for orthopedic injuries or pain as they do NOT perform surgery. They don't have any interest other than to diagnose you and follow therapy and treatment. If you go to a surgeon first, you can see the $$ signs roll around in their eyes. I am sorry that Dr. H. has been missing from practice because of medical problem. He is THE BEST DOCTOR THAT I HAVE BEEN TO IN TAOS excepting my hand surgeon in Santa Fe.

April 16th, 2013

Best Doctor I have ever had.

December 13th, 2011

Terrible Doctor

I was referred to Dr. Harrison by my PCP for Fibromyalgia. During the visit all he did was make me walk in a variety of different ways and told me that I move well for a patient in pain, even though I was detesting in pain throughout the exam. Then, he told me the pain may have been a manifestation of my "inability to have children due to your hysterectomy". He didn't bother to feel the knots in my shoulders or examine the painful areas of my body. He is a useless doctor.

April 1st, 2016