Dr. Matthew Heckler DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 10th, 2015
Hip Replacment & Achilles Tendon Repair
Dr. Heckler is the most amazing man. He replaced my right hip and I have had no issues with it at all. His promptness, appointment, staff and the time he spent with me before and after surgery was amazing. My wife and I think his bedside manner is awesome. He also repaired my Achilles tear with no issues.

October 20th, 2015
anterior total hip
I had a complete anterior hip replacement done a week ago by Dr. Heckler I lost a lot of blood on the table and no one said anything to me until they were going to try to discharge me 2 days post op. Then, they decide I needed 2 units of blood. Anesthsia at Grandview is also terrible. I never saw Heckler post op, only his resident, who wasn't even in the surgery! One of my last questions to him pre-op was leg length, which I didn't want changed. Instead, my surgical leg is 1.5 to 2 inches longer than my other! Heckler has made me handicapped. A call to his office yesterday resulted in no return call, even though I was calling about pain meds. His assistant, Chad, rarely returns calls ans usually has the office gals do it instead. I Would NEVER recommend Heckler nor Grandview Hospital

February 21st, 2015
Not honest
Poor quality as a surgeron...

September 3rd, 2014
Dr. Heckler did my knee surgery, it will be 3 weeks Friday since I had it done, he is an amazing doctor and is someone who is comfortable to be around. Physical therapy at Yankee is wonderful! Totally recommend dr Heckler for anybody looking for a new ortho guy!!

December 9th, 2011
He handled my surgery well. Very pleased. There were a line of us getting surgery that day but he is pleasant and seemingly quite knowledgeable.