Dr. Matthew Iammatteo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Iammatteo?

December 21st, 2015

Great Doctor

Dr. I is an awesome high risk OB GYN. Highly recommend him.

August 20th, 2014

Wonderful!

I have been a patient of Dr. Iammatteo's for 21 years and I can honestly say that the care I have received has always been of the highest quality. He is current in the field of women's health concerns, attentive before, during and after appointments, and maintains a safe and conservative approach to diagnosing and treating gynecological issues. His staff is helpful and responsive when it comes to making and changing appointments, and his nurses are kind and supportive. I have had the unfortunate experience of having gynecological issues, but have had the fortunate experience to have been under Dr. Iammatteo's care. From the birth of my children through menopause, I will remain a patient for as long as he practices.

August 14th, 2014

How is this one of NJ's "Best Doctors"?

I am new to the Summit area, and I have heard all of the hype about Dr. Iammatteo and the fact that he delivers the football player's babies and that he is a NJ Magazine's "Best Doctor" and blah blah blah. I fell for it and called to establish a doctor locally and to set up a pre-pregnancy consultation as my husband and I have decided to start a family. After being rudely grilled about my insurance and my husband's employment (which I swear was a crafty way to pre-screen for affluence), I was told that they do not do pre-pregnancy consultations and to call back when I become pregnant. WHAT??? I explained that I am older (37yo, so somewhat of a risk factor already), never had a child before, and on one medication (which I've heard arguments for both sides of whether to take it during pregnancy); thus, I felt that I needed to be proactive and would like to speak to a doctor early on in this process. The soonest she would schedule me was four months out. After a couple of minutes of basically arguing with the woman, I realized that I deserved better than to have to fight with a rude, incompetent office staff person for an opportunity to speak to a doctor about a standard women's health concern. Imagine if I had to go through the same thing if something major happened? After this experience and reading others' experiences and reviews, I get the sense that this practice is just a self-serving, egotistical operation from the top down. Disgusting.

February 7th, 2014

NOT recommended

In my experience, Dr. Iamatteo is extremely impersonal and robotic. Every prenatal appointment I've had with him has lasted no longer than 5 minutes, as he has not once attempted any conversation with me beyond the superficial "how are you feeling?" - except if I give an answer that goes beyond "well," he seems to either not pay attention or look at me blankly with an indifferent & uninterested expression. Having him as a doctor has been uncomfortable, as well as upsetting given that this is our first pregnancy, and he doesn't make any notion that he is genuinely interested or concerned with my personal experience. At week 38 he told me that I would be induced if I went past week 40- he didn't ask me what I wanted, what I was comfortable with, and entertained zero conversation on the topic. My husband then told him that we want a natural birth and that we want to completely avoid induction - the doctor snidely responded, "Well that's everyone's plan- but going past week 40 is just not what I do." No discussion. We then asked why that was, and he dryly answered in saying "past 41 weeks the placenta won't work," among a brief series of other reasons that he didn't bother to explain at all. My next pregnancy will undoubtedly be under the care of a doctor who sincerely cares and values my feelings & overall experience. My one-star rating is solely due to the cleanliness of his office.

April 25th, 2013

Horrible Experience

I was told after two phone calls with an early pregnancy that my brown blood was old. Meanwhile I was miscariaging. After two phone call no one even said come in and we can check you. I went to 12 weeks to find out the baby never pasted 7 weeks, They could have told me to come in for a check but they never did even though I called them twice, The Dr never even had time to see me while is miscarried he was to busy. I will not recomend this dr unless you want to get thrown into a heard where you will not be noticed.

March 1st, 2013

THE BEST!!!!!!!! Simply stated!

February 5th, 2013

Not a good experience EVERYTIME

Excellent? No way... I haven't personally been taken care of by iammatteo but definitely by everyone else and have yet to have a great experience. The staff is my biggest complaint .. They are sooo rude and like to ignore you when you are clearly standing and waiting at the window... The nurses like to prescribe you over the phone instead of booking you an appointment and my actual visits are so blah.. Waiting so long to be called And nurses are with u for like 2 min...never felt personally cared for in my opinion. I wish I had service like everyone else says here.

September 24th, 2012

I rarely see Dr. Iammateo so I don't feel like I really have a sense of who he is, I usually get an apt with the nurse practitioner. Both are generally caring but often their backs are turned to you while they ask questions going over your file. I have other doctors who sit down and look you in the eye and ask you how you are, and talk about your test results with you, ask if you have any questions, act like they have all the time in the world for you. The wait is longer, but you feel like a person and not something on a checklist that they are trying to get over with as soon as possible...

September 20th, 2011

I feel very sorry for those negative experiences. Dr. Iammatteo has been my doctor for 20 years and I would see no other. I dread the day he tells me he is retiring and I will have to find a new Dr. Bed side manner like none I have ever seen and always attentive to my concerns. Never forgets to ask about my husband and grown children (he delivered). I too, recommend him to all my friends in search of a good Ob/Gyn!

August 9th, 2011

Very helpfull very caring. Always have time for you and do not rush you out

August 3rd, 2011

new to area

I moved into the area when I was 6 months pregnant. Dr. Iammatteo was fantastic. He was through in gathering medical history and the delivery couldn't have been better in my opinion. I highly recommend him & his practice.

September 22nd, 2010

Dr. Iammatteo has been my OBGYN for nine years. We have been through three ectopic pregnancies and two births together. He is my hero. I can't say enough about him and his staff. They have always been there for me when I needed them and I refer everyone I know to him.