Family Physicians

Fountain Hills
16838 E Palisades Blvd
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
480-816-3131
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Best Doctor in the valley!  |  show details
by M. Thomas on Feb 1st, 2013

He takes his time to hear your concerns/problems and has always givin accurate diagnosis. My family and I have been patients of his and his practice for 13 years and would highly recommend him.

|  pay for doctor get pa  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

i have been to this office at least 6 times to supposedly see dr. hummel. always get the pa (who is good) but still a pa. and the bill is the same as seeing hummel. i hear if you get him its great but dont count on it.

|  Long time patient  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

My mother started going to Dr Hummel when he first started his practice. As she developed dementia, he was invaluable with his care of her and the family. My husband and I started seeing eight years ago when we moved to Fountain Hills. We both have complicated medical conditions, and he keeps on top of the latest research and treatments. Excellent bedside manner. Sal in his office is very good if Dr. H is out of town. We are happy patients.

|  Would NOT recommend this office  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

Dr. Hummel seems to be a good doctor but I will not return due to his office staff. I went in for a FOLLOW UP visit and wasn't going to get to see the Dr. so I didn't feel I should have to pay ANOTHER $20 co-pay. Receptionist talked to OM and said they would waive the co-pay (otherwise I would have just left), so I saw the PA. Next thing I know, they've turned me over to collections for $20! Years later I try to make an appt with another Dr. (not realizing it's the same office) and Jason proceeds to berate me over the phone for not paying a measly $20 so I continued to try to explain what happened and that THEY waived it otherwise I would have chosen not to be seen. He told me "clearly you don't have a clue how the healthcare field works" even tho I was a medical assistant for years. I couldn't believe they would try to ruin my credit for $20! When I finally said I would just take my business elsewhere and my friend who was scheduled to see Dr. Hummel next month will too....and he said "FINE"! I wonder if the doctors know how their front office staff treats their patients.

|  Professional, Kind and Adorable  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

I have had Dr. Hummell since he came to Fountain Hills. I think he is wonderful! He takes his time with you and even called me at my office (when he first began his practice in FH) to see if I was doing alright. In my whole life I have never had a doctor call me to see if I was feeling better and the medicine was working. I think he is fantasic! I also see Sal a lot and love him too!!

|  GREAT DOCTORGR AND OPEN TO ALTERNAGREIVES  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2011

MY FAMILY HAS BEEN SEEING HIM FOR YEARS AS OUR PRIMARY DR. WE BELIEVE IN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE AND HE IS OPEN AND ACCOMMODATING. HIS BED-SIDE MANNER IS FUNNY AND PLEASANT. HE IS A BUSY DOC AND IF YOU NEED AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT HE WILL ACCOMMODATE TO THE BEST TIME IN A DAY ALLOWS OR GET YOU IN WITH ONE OF HIS ASSOCIATES.

|  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

Dr Hummel is a great motivator. He listens. He stays current.

|  A Superior Doctor  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2010

Dr. Hummmel is one of the best doctors that I have ever worked with during what is my 74th year of life. I feel he will greatly contibute to my living to be at leat 95. (knowing I must be more involed in my health habits , than I should ever espect of him as a magiton.

|  show details
Feb 21st, 2010

I have seen Dr Hummel for about 7 years. I really like him, and also Sal at the office. His Medical Assistants not so much... I love wendy and Karen. I can usually get an appointment quick, but sometimes you have to wait because they will run behind.

|  Quality is irreplacable  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2010

My husband and I come to see Dr. Hummel at least twice a yr. from Page, AZ (300 mi.). He is by far the best family dr. we have ever had in our lifetime (and we're seniors)! He never rushes our appt. and is extremely thorough. He is very personable, we actually look forward to our bi-annual visits. We would highly recommend him.

|  Uncaring and Arrogant  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2009

"Dr." Matthew Hummel is the most arrogant and uncaring doctor I have ever come across. He is driven by greed. He packs his patients in for 10 minute visits and is behind schedule within the first hour of opening the office. It is difficult to actually schedule an appointment to see this "doctor" and one must see a nurse instead. That's okay though. The "doctor" is less competent than his nurses and assistants. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and go to a real doctor.

|  Dr. Hummel is the best!  |  show details
by FHgirl on Jun 24th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Hummel is by far the best doctor I've seen. He is so friendly and most importantly he is very thorough. He takes his time with each patient and listens to concerns (which is uncommom with most doctors today). He is very proactive regarding your health and doesn't blow things off like they're not important. He is very easy going and easy to talk to. He doesn't make you feel inferior to him. I highly recommend Dr. Hummel.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com