Dr. Matthew Karshner MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Cape Girardeau, MO

2.9

October 26th, 2016
Help me understand
I had to pry to get the most basic info about the EMG that I was to receive. I finally interrupted the procedure and insisted on responses to my questions.

July 13th, 2015
Absolutely terrible, condescending and completely unhelpful. Not to mention an hour and a half wait my first visit. Complete waste of money.

February 9th, 2015
Terrible doctor
I went to a karshner for neck and back problems. I had a MRI sent to him and ask him how the X ray looked he told me he didn't know how to read xrays. I tried to talk to about my problems and he just ignored me and made a joke out of it. I would say he was the worst doctor I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of doctors.

September 9th, 2013
Bad Doctor
I have to strongly agree with what others have said about doctor Karshner. I was talked down to and man handled. He has no knowledge about any forms of arthritis. I suffer from a sever form of arthritis that attacks the joints aggressively. Karshner strained my joints so severely that after I left his office I was in sever pain. The next day my shoulder was hurting really bad and it slipped out of the joint (done this on several other occasions anytime that joint get stressed). I told the so called doc this and he would not listen and still continued to manipulate my joints without concern about what effect it was taking on me. Be careful letting this doctor touch you if you suffer with joint pain.

March 22nd, 2011
I am very pleased with my treatment with Dr. Karshner. He was very personable and has an excellent and friendly staff. I have had issues for several years and have had significant pain relief after seeing Dr. Karshner.

August 21st, 2010
Very pleased patient.
Southeast Missouri Hospital of Cape Girardeau is very fortunate to have a Physiatrist on staff. Dr.Karshner is one of the few doctors who is knowledgeable about my condition of Dystonia. He and his staff have always been very professional and truthful with me. In the two years that I have been a patient I have never had a bad experience.

June 25th, 2010
I was seen on a grant from SEMO Hospital by Dr. Karshner. Had previous back surgery, diagnosed with RA and have chronic back and hip pain. Dr. Karshner never explained anything to me on my condition. He seemed caring at first, buy as my frustration grew, he seemed to not care at all. Never sent me for any testing, which was covered 100% by my grant through the hospital. Followed me out to my car, changed my prescriptions around, and acted in a non proffesional manner toward me on several occasions. I know have insurance based on special needs for my conditions, and was refused to be seen by another MD. because of something he wrote in his notes. I am going to file a formal complaint against him, in response to my experience with him. He wanted to medicate me, and send me on my way. Not give me ANY answers, or send me for further testing. Gave me a shot in my hip, and never even followed up. I am speaking out against him because everyone deserves to be treated with care and concern, especially when dealing with extreme chronic pain. I am a single mother with 3 children, and am still trying to get the help I need to try to function and have a semblance of my life back. My personal experience with Dr. Karshner was a bad one. I have now moved on, gotten the testing I needed and am getting answers. I will never understand my experience with this Dr. I do not recommend him to anyone, based on my experience. Thankyou.