Dr. Matthew Kroh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 23rd, 2014
Dr. Kroh saved my life!!
Due to Gastroparesis my stomach stopped working, and I was told by Dr. Rosine in Idaho that I had two months to live unless I was able to get to Cleveland Clinic or Mayo. Since my patents are in Ohio, I flew back there to see Dr. Kroh. If it wasn't for Dr. Kroh there is no way I would be alive today. Dr. Kroh was able to have Blue Cross of Idaho pay to have an electronic device installed in my abdomen.

December 18th, 2013
Run away if you still can.
One of the worst experiences in my life is thanks to this doctor's negligence. After a thorough discussion of an exploratory surgery, this surgeon decided to take a short cut and remove a healthy organ. I will have a life long disability thanks to this, the original problem was exacerbated, and the Cleveland Clinic showed just how fast they can go from "world class care" to "cover your behind". Seriously, look elsewhere. This man is a menace.

November 9th, 2013
Very Pleased
After years of pain, and months of trepidation and concern, I decided to proceed with Dr. Kroh for laparoscopic fundoplication to repair H.hernia and GERD. Dr. Kroh took time to explain the risks and potential benefits of the surgery. Explaining there were no guarantees, addressed my concerns in great detail, put me at ease this was my personal best option. He was patient, caring, and ultimately a highly skilled surgeon. My procedure was text-book perfect, no complications, quick recovery (with my strong compliance to diet/activity restrictions), and now 6 weeks later only wished I hadn't waited so long. I am grateful and very pleased with Dr. Kroh and the entire team at Cleveland Clinic.

September 4th, 2013
Quite Pleased....
Had so many complications from a surgery from 25 yrs. ago Dr. Kroh diagnosed my problem and then got my insurance to understand that the bypass was necessary (they don't cover weight loss surgeries) to relieve other problems and not for weight loss which should have been obvious since I weigh 137lbs..nurses were on call 24/7 and you spoke with them when you called..never did I have to wait...8 weeks out from surgery and haven't felt this good for quite sometime. Cleveland Clinic has Always been my "go to" hospital...top notch and always have been happy

May 3rd, 2012
Dr. Kroh did a reconstruction on a really messed up roux-en-y from 2002 at another hospital. Several other surgeons later told me that no other surgeon would have attempted what Dr. Kroh did for me. He heard me earlier say I wanted my life back. I am in the process of obtaining that goal thanks to his excellent care and concern for his patient, along with excellent surgical skills. A doctor that truly is living his dream, doing what he loves. THANKS!

October 22nd, 2011
I would highly recommend Dr.Mattehw Kroh to any one looking into needing an excellent surgeon/doctor. He has such a CHARMING BEDSIDE MANNER!! VERY,VERY IMPRESSED! He showed such a genuine concern and I felt that he went above and beyond what a normal doctor/surgeon would do for his patients!I JUST LOVE HIM!

July 20th, 2011
Given grimm diagnosis from another medical facility. Researched and found Dr. Kroh diagnosed me with near 100% recovery after 2 surgeries. He is not only competent but actually cared about me and my health. I love Dr. Kroh but not too thrilled with his staff. Only one out of every 20 calls returned by nurse. I will sacrifice the lack of care by his staff to have a surgeon who not only cares but gave me a longer and better quality of life!!

July 10th, 2011
Revision of RNY After Horrible Complications
Dr Kroh And His Staff Are Awesome I Have Never Met A Dr And Staff So Caring And Understanding. Also Cleveland Clinic Hospital Is A First Rate Hospital I Thank God Everyday For Dr Kroh And His Staff.Also For All The Nurses That Gave Me Excellent Care While I Was Hospitalized.Iv'e Been Through A Horrible Nightmare This Past Year And A Half And Just Thankful I Ended UP At Cleveland Clinic. I Live In Michigan.

December 7th, 2009
Excellent laparascopic surgeon
Went to Dr. Kroh for a laparascopic hernia repair. OK, so I was asleep during the procedure, but before and after he was friendly, approachable, and explained everything in as much detail as asked for. The results were excellent. The post operative pain was minimal.